Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I enjoy being a Lady Gaga on Steam, it's only rare that I will bump into another in any multiplayer game but any TF2 match that has all-talk on it ends up with both of us trying to out do each other. It's a lot of fun to do.

But if we're talking poo poo names then High School is where it was at. Angel O'Haven, Hellfire, ShotgunReaper, dongmaster696969, Hardballs (this guy actually had that name put on his year 12 jacket). I could go on but they were just variations of dongs and/or dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I have my share of shame. I used to run semi-regularly with the handles PimpSlappa and MonkeyBooya. I also had the username DiablosMuerte... in Diablo. Ah, to be 12 again. :allears:

Probably the best username I saw requires a little backstory. Ragnarok Online accumulated a large population of Thai players. Out of this subset came the use of the word "jam" for kill-stealing or just unwanted team-ups on an enemy. You'd see someone start wailing on a little jelly blob and saying "no jam", often repeatedly.

At any rate, I was witness to a character named The_Jam wailing on a little jelly blob and yelling "NO ME!"

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:
I used to have MANdouche as my XBL gamertag until Microsoft forced me to change it. It was always a fun conversation starter in pregame lobbies.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I don't know about my favorite, but I'm gonna throw my old screenname into the pile. I was like, ten or something at the time, and was mentally pressed to come up with a name I thought was awesome.

The result: PanichurtzOmega. Eventually shortened to Panichurtz, I guess because eventually I realized that 'Omega' isn't quite as awesome as I thought it was. Normally I'd be embarassed by something like this, but I dunno, there's something perfect about it. Like, I don't think you can get more condensed ten-year-old into a name than PanichurtzOmega.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Psalmanazar posted:

I saw someone with Sephirot because the H wouldn't fit.

Sephirot is the legitimate spelling of the original concept. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephirot

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib
Names that reference any sort of sports fandom annoy the hell out of me. I'm not sure why, because I'm a sports fan myself, but nothing makes me rage harder than getting killed by hockeydude233 or YANKS_FAN_999.

cuntrageous
Jun 6, 2008

steveaustin316

e: popebongpaulII

e: e: fartrhino12345

e: e: e: change this to 'best gamertags thread'

cuntrageous has a new favorite as of 16:16 on Jun 15, 2012

Grey Dynamite
Sep 28, 2010
My buddy had the best XBox Live tag I've ever seen in person- Dr Koktapus

Cereal Connoisseur
Jun 29, 2011
I had a friend on WoW who decided his first Death Knight would be named "HeathDeadger"

The same person who played Battlefield Vietnam as "IwillTKyou" and spent entire matches team killing

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

thedouche posted:

I used to have MANdouche as my XBL gamertag until Microsoft forced me to change it. It was always a fun conversation starter in pregame lobbies.

Xbox Live made me change "Spanish Manlove" a while ago and it completely ruined playing there for me.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Francostein posted:

Xbox Live made me change "Spanish Manlove" a while ago and it completely ruined playing there for me.

Couldn't you contest it? I mean there shouldn't be anything wrong with homosexuality, right? RIGHT?

Also, Naruto is the new DBZ because I keep running into names like "NarutoHokage666" in most any game on the internet.

E: Though I did run into someone on a TF2 server named John Ochocinco (No Relation), which owns.

Bible Ian Black has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Jun 15, 2012

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Every time I try a new roguelike or install a new version or whatever, I pick the most vanilla, bland race/class combo possible while I pick up the basics of the game.

I always name the character Player 1

edit: :geno:

WITCHCRAFT has a new favorite as of 17:01 on Jun 15, 2012

Nunez
Feb 21, 2011
I remember a few years ago when I was into Demon's Souls, I got invaded by a player named ArtsAndLeisure. He wouldn't engage me directly, and always kept running away every time I saw him. I was looking for him in this shantytown, when he ended up dropping down behind me and killed me with one deft backstab.

To this day I imagine a svelte man in a smoking jacket sitting in a reading chair. Taking a sip from his glass of Pinot Noir, he chortled quietly to himself as he showed this bumbling Plebeian how a real gentleman engages in virtual combat, Chopin quietly playing in the background.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

Playing TF2 on XBL with a guy named "Meet The Taunt". You'll never guess what he did after every kill.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I remember playing Halo 2 with a guy named cancer and he made sure to point out how clever and hilarious his name was by saying "Ha hah you got killed by cancer!" or "Wow gamertag, you killed cancer!" and then proceeded to explain the "joke" to all us mere mortals. He did this constantly throughout the match, explanation and everything.

A buddy of mine used full-thickness rectal prolapse and other various prolapse based names as steam handles for a while. loving gold.

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

But everyone's doooing it!

p-hop posted:

Every time I try a new roguelike or install a new version or whatever, I pick the most vanilla, bland race/class combo possible while I pick up the basics of the game.

I always name the character Player 1

edit: :geno:

That made me wonder whether anyone has ever named themselves Gamertag.

They have.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
My brother's LIVE profile is fecalvomit - he was 18 when he made it.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

A friend of mine created an account and changed the default name to BidDuckling48. I don't know why, but I crack up every time I see it.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Two of my friends from the Air Force have fantastic gamertags: FlacidSavior and Big Bad Moses

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
The only one I remember from anything is POOSTORM from ME3 multiplayer

Shasta Cola
Jun 16, 2003

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery just mowing us all down.
I once saw a dude named dethreaper in WoW. And if you've ever played WoW, you've already correctly guessed that he played a Death Knight.

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

When Death Knights were first released in WoW you had 15 iterations of Arthasdklol or DeathArthas or Dkpwnarthas. And you bet they were the worst of the worst players imaginable.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

When I played Guild Wars my account name was Teh Dude Zombie. I was really big into zombies as a kid, name a word, I probably prefixed it with zombie at some point.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Just saw SKRILLEX131. gently caress you SKRILLEX131

RICH NIGGA TEETH
Dec 25, 2007

PARADOL EX FAN CLUB
The other day I saw a few that were memorable enough to remember from MW3. people_u_r_free and bleeds_monthly were the definite winners for the day, no matter what their k/ds are.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Among the Microsoft-generated gamertags and various iterations of xxsniperxx, one stood out:

420TrOlLiNg

:cripes:

Max Payne 3 seems to attract the worst gamertags.

Fake edit: Honorable mention goes to iplay moni, who spent the entire time in the lobby alternating between horribly racist impressions of minorities and making sure that we knew that he was black.

LETS KISS BRO is great (goon) gamertag

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I strongly resented being forced to create a Games for Windows Live account for a couple games I bought and run from Steam, so my Live name is Weedocalypse420.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Twitch posted:

I strongly resented being forced to create a Games for Windows Live account for a couple games I bought and run from Steam, so my Live name is Weedocalypse420.

In a similar vein my EA account is DRMSucksSchlong.

Oppressor
Nov 6, 2011

What we were after now was the old surprise visit. That was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultraviolent.

Quarex posted:

a stiff breeze
That's my TF2 name, Pops up when I kill people.

I remember I've entered a server with two players, One was called "AbusiveHusband"
The other "AbusedWife" and they would scream at each other when they were playing in some kind of retarded roleplay, Those were honestly the dumbest ingame names I've ever seen.(except that whole "KungFuJesus" craze)

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

My little brothers (10) XBL is xX Undead Ed Xx. Apparently he has not learned from my mistakes :smith:

Honestly without the gayass xXxXXxxxx it wouldn't be so bad.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I remember the best goon one I saw was DADTOUCHER.

Then MS made him change it :(

GnuUzir
Oct 16, 2009
Best tag I have ever seen: MrDrHorribleFriend

Also am I alone in thinking that anyone with "sniper" their tag is horrid?

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:

Boondock Saint posted:

I remember the best goon one I saw was DADTOUCHER.

Then MS made him change it :(

This is the guy that used to make every Xbox thread? Tendrilsfor20?

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Played a game of Halo: Reach a few days ago and there was a clan of 4 people. Each had the tag ~xxxXXX*name*XXXxxx~. The names were stuff like SupahKillah.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Encountered a guy in Guild Wars named Bacon Overalls. I thought that was genius.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Naan Bread posted:

Honestly without the gayass xXxXXxxxx it wouldn't be so bad.

I have never seen anyone explain this. Seriously what the gently caress

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Farecoal posted:

I have never seen anyone explain this. Seriously what the gently caress

Someone already took Sephiroth Tuxedo Mask? Well just add an x on both sides, and no one will know the difference. In fact, unlike that rear end in a top hat who stole your totally original username, you now have some very stylish decorative borders to your name! Add some numbers in there for flavor.

xXx69sephir0thtuxedom@sk69xXx

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

In one game of Reach I just played against Alucard919, Bloodmartyre and my personal favorite xDragonRSxTRUTH.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Going through the people I've met on PSN, I apparently once played Dark Souls with one SB_Steelers_2008, which my brain reads as Strong Bad Steelers 2008.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Played Halo 3 a lot with two dudes named PEE BUTT and BLOOD FART 2000.

• Locked thread