Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Don Lapre posted:

Ohh yea I noticed a channel picked up mst3k last week. Comet maybe.

I get 51 channels OTA so there is always something.

It's on comet. There's also an app that work on like 15 devices called Pluto. It has a streaming mst3k channel. It's free but has obscenely loud commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Is there any way to watch showtime live via Hulu?

Specifically the Colbert special that will be airing live at 11pm. Not a regular show that just gets added to the service when it premieres.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Jose Oquendo posted:

Call and find out. It's all you can do. I see stories posted here where the provider bent over backwards to keep a customer and there's been stories where the provider says, "Well just cancel then." These are in places where there's competition and places where there is not.

I cancelled my spectrum package that had 10 channels of my choosing for $23 and starz, hbo, showtime and cinemax for an extra $20 last week when I saw my 2 years was up and the price doubled. They didn't try to change my mind, just cancelled it after spending 20 minutes on hold waiting for an operator.

Yesterday they called and offered me 60 channels for 7 days free, $8 for the first 30 days and $12 forever after that. The guy said yes to having tcm, tnt and nbc sports but I couldnt see a list unless I agreed to the 7 day trial. The entire package is viacom/paramount channels, AMC channels, a and e and discovery networks. So I guess I'll spend the week catching up on Bar Rescue from the last couple years and cancel next monday.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm on Spectrum. That first package you mentioned (I can't remember the name) would be perfect for me but it's not available in my market for some reason. The other one you mentioned is a newer one. It's not the worst deal around but it doesn't have locals which is a bummer for me.

I've been happy with YTTV but I'd probably cancel when/if they hike the price after those new Viacom channels get added.

My antenna works great so I'm ok without those. When I had the 10 channel package I realized how few channels I needed. TCM for old movies, usa was only for wrestling which is on hulu the next day. NBCsn for hockey. Im a bartender so I can my local college games on espn at work. Adult Swim hasnt put on a new show that I liked since rick and morty. And everything on fx is on hulu now.

If I was someone that wanted to watch house shows and gawk at 600lb people all day this is a great package. But this is every channel I never watched when I had full cable. And I'm pretty sure most of these shows are on hulu or amazon anyways excluding bar rescue which seems like a 24/7 pluto station as soon as they want to do it.

I guess I'll just have to hope hbomax takes care of my TCM fix.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

wormil posted:

I was on S2e8 of Carnivale, first time watching it. Oh well, I already know it ends on a cliffhanger.

It’s a satisfying ending that opens the door for the next 2 year story arc. It’s good enough.

So I take it hbo pulled off all that old stuff that was on amazon for the last few years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Photex posted:

Harry Potter in it's entirety but no Roku or Amazon apps rip.

For real? I figured hbo now would just switch over when I got out of bed today.