Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The fight is a joint venture. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2015/02/21/hbo-showtime-to-jointly-air-mayweather-pacquiao-ppv/23782039/

Also noticed this today - http://deadline.com/2015/04/showtime-hbo-lawsuit-mayweather-pacquiao-fight-streaming-offer-gone-1201418058/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Last time I used usenet all the aggregate/db? sites were falling apart and I couldn't find anything since they would just get taken down before they had a chance of being up. I still pay for satellite, but I find that pirated stuff is better quality, which is loving hilarious.

Everything can be automated now. Ever since I automated my setup I haven't had anything fail, its probably been 3 years.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Photex posted:

sorry to clarify you want Sickrage not sickbeard, sickbeard isn't being developed anymore.

Or sonarr and then not using couchpotato. Use an indexer that supports importing of your imdb list. Add to imdb wishlist anywhere, get movie when it hits.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Gyshall posted:

can you import your Sickbeard stuff into sickrage/sonarr?

What do you mean import? You point sonarr at your library and it scans. I do not believe it can import quality, etc. Took me about an hour to switch if I remember right, this was multiple years ago though.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The shield can't sideload amazon.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Fuzz posted:

I still don't see the point in a Shield TV over something like a Roku

Casting

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Hdhomerun?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Apple TV

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

I’ve been watching a lot more YouTube lately, and the amount of ads is starting to get to me. I looked into signing up for YouTube Premium to remove the ads, but I literally lol’ed when I saw it’s $15/month. gently caress THAT

Has anyone done the trick where you VPN to Argentina and sign up there to only pay about $1.50 a month? Is that something that’s safe to do on my main account, or should I make a separate account specifically for that? Also, I’ve seen some places say that you need to enter an Argentinian billing address to make it work. Obviously that won’t fly with my American credit cards, but would it work if I just bought a Google Play gift card and used that to pay? Or would I specifically have to buy an Argentinian Google gift card?

I just re-upped my Argentina vpn account today. I bought a $40 google play gift card, it it would not use that for payment. I just used a prepaid Mastercard and it worked fine. It’a 119 Arg a month which I think is like $1.40. I am using my main account, worse I feel they can do is just disable premium. I didn’t want to re-do all my subs and stuff. I’ve been using premium for probably 5 months.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah sorry for the confusion - I don't know where I got the $15/month number. I mean, I didn't make it up - I googled it and found that, but clearly it was wrong.

However, $11.99/month is still too much for me. Yeah, the "only $2/month more than Spotify" mindset does help, but I don't want to go through the hassle of switching from Spotify or using an inferior app.

Just sign up via Argentina vpn, it’s like $1.50 a month

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://youtu.be/eSMUnuoxdZQ

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

My cheap TCL has a media player app. I plug my external hard drive right into the tv, see every directory/file, and can play every video format I've encountered without issue. I think it's a Roku branded thing but I'd be surprised if there wasn't something similar on a nicer LG set.

My LG cx can do this

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

It’s $16 a year via an Indian vpn, just splash the cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Digital gift card as in a Disney card? If your banks supports privacy.com or virtual cards I use those for online and especially recurring payments as you can set card limits easily.

I renewed my Disney+ for the year and since I share with 2 family members it’s splits the cost pretty nicely.