Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
My parents are temporarily relocating to a condo for six months while their house is being renovated. They have cable (Spectrum) at their house and are trying to save money by not getting cable at the condo, but there are some shows they want to watch that are on cable. It looks like there's a Spectrum app for live TV but it's not available on the TV they'll be getting (a TCL roku TV). Any suggestions how they can access their shows at the condo? The only idea I've come up with is to get the Spectrum app on their laptop and connect the laptop to the TV, but they are elderly and might not be able to make that work. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain

BonoMan posted:

I know I recommended the TCL in the other thread, but given this particular circumstance, and that elderly parents are less likely to give a poo poo about picture quality, it might be worth looking at the 55" Toshiba Fire tv since the app is still available for that.

Or can they just pause their spectrum billing and use YouTube TV on the Roku?

If this is the TV you mean, it looks like in the Q&A people are asking about the Spectrum app and it's not available. So I think that option is out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CVQLRP4/ref=twister_B07K2HGPL4

It also looks like the Spectrum App doesn't work with the Fire cube or stick.

They will be at their home a bit when the noise isn't too bad so pausing cable they don't want to pause cable there.

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
I believe the Spectrum app is still available on the Samsung TVs like this one https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-55-class-7-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-tizen-tv/6401735.p?skuId=6401735

That may be my best (and only) option.