Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Proteus Jones posted:

No. YouTube RED is a completely separate service for $10(?) per month.

Is that what it takes to use PIP in the iOS App because aside from the junk channels it's my only real complaint for YTTV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

phosdex posted:

Yes Network, Prime Ticket and Fox Sports West have been dropped it seems. New York and some CA residents affected I think?

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtubetv/comments/fdv9nz/mega_thread_youtube_tv_has_dropped_the_yes/

I would guess that dropping those 3 lets Youtube keep their cost to customers the same. Adding those would have come with a price hike?

Cubs apparently shut out as well since you have to think Sinclair would have wanted to add it to the deal.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

Are home internet data caps something that's becoming more common, or are they on their way out?

Mine went away through August, now until further notice we're all getting an extra 100GB before we hit an overage.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Awesome. I'm already a T-Mobile and YoutubeTV customer, so, bam, $10 off.

This lines up well with the fact that even single lines get discounted Netflix now. So, T-Mobile is like saving me $18 /month without changing anything else.

According to the promotion page, you need to cancel your YouTube TV subscription and reactivate. Has anyone done this? Am I going to lose settings/DVR content or will they be saved?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

$85 a month for all that now. Getting a bit pricy tbh

Yeah, gently caress that noise. I got in at 40 bucks a month, now it’s 65 and rising. They’ve basically reinvented cable but ditched the cost of customer service, boxes, and burying lines. My ISP’s TV bundle is looking better and better, even if we don’t get MLB network for some reason.