Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

TheScott2K posted:

A TiVo with a lifetime subscription.

My friend gave me his old 2007-era TiVo. It's HD with 2 cablecard tuner slots, although I'm using it with an antenna. Would it happen to have any kind of networking or streaming capability? I kind of doubt it from this era, but it'd be nice to VPN in when I'm not at home and watch stuff. I found a "Media Access Key" in the menus but the URL it gives for more info is dead. I installed the Android app but I guess I need to get the account from my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

TheScott2K posted:

I strongly doubt a 2007 TiVo is going to work with any streaming service. The Xbox360 was one of the earliest non-PC devices that could do Netflix and it couldn't do it until like 2008.

It has Netflix, but I was asking about getting content off of it. Anyways, turns out a program called kmttg is what I needed, although it's hard to use. The official software is discontinued.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

bull3964 posted:

Not sure if that one that supports it, but pyTivo Desktop works pretty with with my Bolt and is easy to use.

Yup, sure does too. Turns out it transfers at about 10megabits/s, so less than real-time (it'll take more than an hour to transfer an hour program). Yikes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

FCKGW posted:

If you google “<isp> rate card” you can usually get a pdf or table with all the rates and information, including basic cable and low income internet rates that aren’t advertised on their site.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

You have to sign in for that. Comcast goes to terrible lengths to hide straightforward pricing, IMO.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah every provider on earth still charges extra for HD when it’s essentially the standard now.

Seems like it'd actually be more difficult to supply standard def signal now.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Three Olives posted:

"HD Technology Fee" in 2019.

This pisses me off so much. There's no way it doesn't actually cost them more to provide standard-def service. It has to be downconverted.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is there a way to sort by channel number on Fire TV OS

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Somebody is providing a wire to that cell site, aren't they?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh yeah wanna watch Barry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MarcusSA posted:

It’s real real good.

I love Bill Hader. The HBO apps on the Xbox are rated really low (2 stars max).
edit: The video compression isn't great. Oh well, I didn't even have to sign in.