Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

TheScott2K posted:

:eng101: With the exception of Monday Night Football (ESPN) and the later-season Thursday night game (NFL Network), the only NFL games you get on TV come through channels you can get with an antenna. This only changes if you have DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. This odd bit of pay-tv exclusivity makes me think the NFL is more likely than people think to come out with a streaming option for boxes. The NFL would really like to be making ALL the money off of broadcasts of their games.

The trick is that some people (including me) either a) want to watch their hometown team instead of the local team, which may or may not be shown in that market, or b) can't get certain channels OTA. For me, if I only want to watch whatever the local Fox affiliate is showing on Sunday, then I'm all good. If it's on CBS, I can't get it. If it's not OTA, I can't get it.

Honestly they could charge whatever they want, and if it's less than the cost of going to a sports bar 10 weeks out of the season, I'm sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Boris Galerkin posted:

I just bought the Apple TV. Please tell me there's I way I can use my iPhone's keyboard with the Apple TV because there's no way I'm going to be able to sign into Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and MLS using that god drat included remote and the on-screen keyboard because all my passwords are like 50 characters long with random capitalizations and symbols.

Yeah there's a "Remote" app by Apple in the App Store. It mostly (badly) mimics the hardware remote, but when you're using it and get a text or password field, it'll bring up your iPhone keyboard. Only issue is that (I think) it might require home sharing to be turned on, and you'd need to set up a password for that with the IRL remote.

I could be wrong about that last bit, it's been a while.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Don Lapre posted:

I used to love the remote app, swiping to scroll was a godsend for long lists.

Definitely better for long lists, but precision swiping can be iffy at best.