Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Welp, didn't think the deal would actually fall through but here we are. Is HuluTV better than it was a year or two back? I had it for a while and thought it was complete garbage, especially compared to YTTV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I wonder if the UI is different on AppleTV, because that was my biggest complaint about it on Android. I did go ahead and resubscribe to it this morning, because I needed an ESPN option for the volleyball championship tonight. Kinda miffed that there doesn't seem to be a way to get ad-free streaming when you are signed up for the live tv package. Also seems to be the most expensive option out there at $69.99/month. Should get me through the end of the NFL season at least, just glad I don't care about basketball or baseball and can safely cancel then.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

If you have any outlets in the attic you could hook your network tuner into a powerline adapter and leave it all up there.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

On the YTTV family sharing it says 3 simultaneous streams. Is that per user or 3 total for the whole family?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

phosdex posted:

I think that's NFL Sunday Ticket if you want to be able to choose the game. DirecTV has exclusive rights to that.

I think this is finally the last season DirecTV has it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Android thread was right, don't get any of those and go with a Chromecast or Roku or literally any other streaming device.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Antenna signals are uncompressed, so if you are in range the picture will be better than pretty much any cable or streaming app.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

F.D. Signifier posted:

No they use MPEG-2 compression (DVD) and as of ATSC 3.0 they can use MPEG-4 (blu ray)

Huh, guess that is a common misconception that got me too. It's still definitely less compressed than cable, and football games look better OTA than they do on YouTubeTV.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Nitr0 posted:

Hisense is a very bad tv

No.

Hisense U8H and U6H are both Rtings picks for best low-mid range and budget TVs. They took the crown from TCL in that segment.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

bull3964 posted:

This is the straw, putting mine on indefinite suspension now.

Same at least until football season starts back up.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

phosdex posted:

Youtube announced pricing for NFL Sunday Ticket, and they are making it available through a Youtube TV package OR a package for people who don't want YTTV and just want to watch in Youtube.

yttv: 349 (249 presale)

no yttv: 449 (349 presale)

Looks like Redzone can be added to either for $40.

https://blog.youtube/news-and-events/nfl-sunday-ticket-presale-2023/

To add it in Youtube, looks like you can go to the NFL page, and there's a Get NFL Sunday Ticket link.

:hellyeah:

Wonder if the discount applies if your sub is currently on pause?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm a dummy and picked up Sunday Ticket just because years ago I promised myself I would as soon as DirecTV lost the rights. Probably a good year for it as a Packers fan, guessing we don't get as many nationally televised games without Rodgers as QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Was enough to get me to cancel again. I'll probably sub for a month if Mike Flanagan has a new horror series next October, but their original content has sucked lately and I don't see a reason to continue.