Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I was looking at the PlayOn Premium plan, and it lists ESPN and ESPN3 as available channels.

Is this subject to Xfinity log-in, or does it basically stream through the app and circumvent the verification process? I cannot stream through watchespn.com now because I do not carry cable TV, only broadband internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TheScott2K posted:

You're gonna need a login.

Well gently caress. Looks like I'm just going to have to live without. Bah.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ramadu posted:

Sports seems to be the one aspect that you cannot cut cable for. It's really frustrating.

I wonder if there's a breaking point for this, or if the product is so good that people will always pay. I guess there will never really be a time when they are leaving too much money on the table.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

For me, the frustration is due to Comcast blocking streaming content that I could get on other isps alone. My sport is college football. At least I have high quality network games.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Don Lapre posted:

What streaming content is comcast blocking?

Espn3/Espnu. I had knology and time warner in other residences, and they didn't require tv subscription to view the streaming content. Comcast requires a login and blocks streaming without a cable subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

tk posted:

I have Comcast internet without a cable subscription and for two seasons now I've watched most of my football through ESPN3. Aside from the local ABC games, you get all of the ESPN / ESPN2 games on nationally. ESPN U is indeed blocked, but I don't think it was even available streaming as of last year.

Unless they changed the ESPN / ESPN2 thing recently, which I would be pissed about.

I think they changed it. They only recently came around my area forcing people with basic cable to go through the digital box as well. Before I plugged in the coax directly and got all my channels. Now, there's nothing.

Then I switched the cable over to my name when my roommate moved out, and got internet only--noticed espn/espn2 were unavailable. I had to go through a sign-in screen just to get on watchespn, and it blocked all the content.