Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Farbtoner posted:

I think that the show doesn't really have a universe or art style that is conductive to the worst of the creepy fandoms and shippers. MLP has an entire fantasy world that lends itself to people creating their own characters and Adventure Time has all the neckbeard references and actual neckbeards on the staff that tease people with shipping pairs, all Gravity Falls offers people is the chance to roleplay living in Oregon.

As someone currently living in Oregon I have to say I prefer this version more. The only thing I am kinda bummed out about is that the trees in Gravity Falls are obviously redwoods, when everything up here is a Doug fir. (I mean, even Special Agent Cooper was told they were Doug firs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Even people show up to LARP as seven gnomes in a trenchcoat?

Come to think, I'd like to see someone try that. That, and the Gobblewonker.

Eh. No weirder than Portland on any given Sunday.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pick posted:

Wearing plaid is so not a decisive characteristic in the PNW.

This is more true than anyone can possibly believe. Hell, on my way to get coffee before work this morning (this way ~6:30 on a Sunday) I saw two people wearing plaid at the local coffee shop. Portland!

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pick posted:

Yeah, that's how I found out. It's been hinted but not stated. I bet Manly Dan is a werewolf or something though.

Grunkle Stan also says Wendy has freak lumberjack genes on the special episode of the Gravity Falls Gossiper podcast he was on. Which if anyone hasn't listened to yet, you really should. It's amazing.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chedranian Girl posted:

Just devoured this series a week or so ago. I tried Gravity Falls and Adventure Time, but Adventure Time just didn't grab me in the same way Gravity Falls did. I know it's meant to be ace though, so I'll give it another go.

Anyway, I thought you might get a kick out of these photos we just got back from MCM Expo last weekend in London. I had *such* a fun time cosplaying as Mabel, because it really gave me a chance to unleash my not-so-inner dork.

Grunkle Snake there seems displeased that Meryl is poking him in the face. Dipper however must've dropped out of Fox Hound, I don't recognize him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alex Hirsch posted:

Time for some real talk guys. Its gonna be a LONG FREAKING TIME for season 2. Like in the ballpark of a year dudes. I KNOW! I know.

...welp. That certainly sucks, but I guess with how weird scheduling has been for the show, and especially as it sounds like they are still writing the episodes for season 2, let alone having gotten to story boarding or beyond, it certainly makes sense. I just hope interest doesn't completely burn out in the time it takes for new episodes to come out.

• Locked thread