Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Judge Dredd

Drink

Whenever anyone says Law
You hope Rob Schneider gets shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hewlett posted:

:siren: NEW EPISODE! :siren:

This time around, since it's October and all, we're invoking HORROR OCTORBOR!, where we watch all Stephen King adaptations for the month. First up is 1408, the John Cusack-Samuel L. Jackson movie where Cusack plays - you guessed it - a tortured horror writer with family issues. Here, Nick Enslin (Cusack) investigates a haunted hotel room for his next story and gets more than he bargained for. It's pretty middle of the road, but not as bad as I remember it being the first time I watched it; this is mostly due to Jackson's wry performance, some good moments from Cusack, and very skilled direction from Mikael Halfstrom. That being said, it does become a bit of a slog, and I hate what I refer to in the podcast as "The Bullshit Act," in which things are supposed to be totally fine for about twenty minutes 2/3 of the way through the movie, until the main character is ripped back into their horrific situation That being said, I'd say it's worth a look if you haven't seen it, for the strength of the first act alone.

We've been playing around with sound effects and music just a bit more, so let me know if it's too distracting or not.

OK Octopus: I told Jared about your admonishment of us not using "Hard Time." His response - "*long sigh of defeat*....gently caress, he's right."

You can check out the review and drinking game here.

Next week, we're doing IT, so stay tuned for creepy incest and creepier Tim Curry!

You should also drink for every lovecraft refrence.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Heathers is a pretty great one.

• Locked thread