Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hewlett posted:

I'd love to do one for Scott Pilgrim, but it will probably be way down in the queue since another guest has dibs on Shaun of the Dead - we don't want to do too many Edgar Wright films too close together. Keep in mind, though, you're not precluded from guesting on any of the other ones on the schedule or beyond.

Can I call super super preemptive dibs on guesting for this one? Seriously one of my favorite movies of all time. I mean, I guess the dude who suggested it has dibs, but secondary dibs.

(I'm watching it now. This loving movie.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Super Mario Brothers

1). Drink for every vaguely recognizable character/item/moment from a Mario game that got totally weirded out in translation.
2). Drink every time someone says the name Mario.
3). Drink whenever the sentient fungus does something.

Finish Your Drink when the brothers are finally suited up and use the jump boots for the first time.

Make sure you have another bottle handy for the credits, so you can drink while listening to Walk The Dinosaur.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hewlett posted:

NOTE: We've also started to get ahold of the guys who are running B-Fest, a 24 hour B movie film festival at Northwestern University in Chicago, and we are more than likely going to sponsor a film at that festival. Which of our previous films we've covered would qualify? (HINT: The top spot's pretty much already going to go to Starcrash, but we need a list of five.)

Rhinestone or Vampire's Kiss.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

General Ironicus posted:

I'm catching up on old episodes I missed and the Hausu podcast is a lot better if you imagine it's a long-form improv exercise between the three of you.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that Hausu doesn't exist.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

General Ironicus posted:

1) The quiz's scoring system unfairly encourages rubber-banding and you will be hearing from my lawyers.

RIGHT??!?!!?

TTBF posted:

Ironicus, out of interest - just how bad is the loser's shot?

Bad. (we're steppin' on all the toes in here)

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hewlett posted:

Actually, I honestly don't remember Brick being brought up, just Grant and I droning on about Perks of Being a Wallflower whenever we could.

Because it's a great loving movie. :colbert:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

This should be a good one. I just finished the Oogie Loves podcast, and it was one of your funniest episodes. I almost want to see the movie now, just to watch the Dread Pirate Roberts as a child molester.

I'm just gonna take 100% of the credit for this one.

(I'm kidding, I'm just always down for watching the most weird movies.)

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rahonavis posted:

(Just one thing guys, puffins can fly.)

AHA!!!!!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Heckler! Do Heckler! It's a documentary, but it's also fun to mock because Jamie Kennedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'll fight all comers for that SMB spot. It is my favorite type of batshit, and I want to imbibe some sort of shiitake-based cocktail.

• Locked thread