Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

My favorite drinking game movie is Peter Jackson's Braindead (Dead Alive). I never thought of a title for it... let's call it 5 Gallons Per Second. I recommend playing this with drinks that are less than 10% ABV. Seriously. I recommend a good beer. A great one I've had recently is Hennepin Saison by Ommegang. Delicious and only 7.7%. Don't worry though, you'll be drunk by the end of this movie.

The rules:
Drink every time:
- Someone (zombie or otherwise) loses a finger, arm, leg, head, or part of their face
- Blood or other bodily goo is spattered on someone's face
- Bone in exposed externally
- Someone eats a body part (including their own)
- A kitchen appliance is used for mutilation
Finish your drink when:
- A character you wish would die finally does

The best person to play this game is someone who has never seen the movie and doesn't know what to expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Hewlett posted:

This raises an interesting question that I have, personally: I'm torn on the subject of having subjective drinking rules like the one above - where it's something that someone drinks to depending on their preferences or perceptions of the film. For Alcohollywood, we tend to go as far as we can to have objective rules, where things definitively happen; oftentimes, other movie drinking games websites have drinking rules that are just excuses for lame stand-up jokes ("Drink whenever you wish you weren't watching this movie HURR HURR"), and we try to avoid that. However, I think there might be room for rules like these if used smartly. Also, keeping to objective things happening in the movies for the rules helps us to talk about the film from a more neutral standpoint, as we use the rules for discussion.

What do you guys think? Is it more fun to have that kind of drinking game where you might be a bit more personally invested since it's based on your opinion of the film?

I like the idea of subjective rules as long as they pertain directly to the film. Opinions could actually spawn a lot of discussion. Rules like "Drink anytime you disagree with an editing decision" could be the start of good conversation.

• Locked thread