Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

tinstaach posted:

Since someone's bound to make one for The Room:

Drink every time:

- Johnny says "Oh hai" to anyone
- Denny exhibits signs of a severe mental disorder
- Lisa openly admits her disdain for Johnny to anyone

FYD Line: So, so many. "YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISA!", "I definitely have breast cancer", "If a lot of people loved each other, the world would be a better place", I could go on.

And of course, you're all drinking Scotchka.

How can you not have Drink for SPOON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hewlett posted:

While you're here, that reminds me that I need to schedule either one of the suggestions you submitted to the website, or get a Patrick Wilson film in the lineup so you can show off your expertise.

I'd love to see your drink for Hard Candy.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Listening to the JP episode now. Good lord if I did that drinking game I'd be a dead man.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah the Breakfast Club episode was really good and I would have torn you guys up on the Quiz. Your discussion about how all high schoolers are assholes and this movie was a great example of that was spot on. Also your deconstruction of the principal. But who the hell was saying they refuse to watch any film set in a high school just because? It really turns me off when I'm supposed to be listening to an opinion from someone on a topic they're admitting to being willfully ignorant of.

It's like that jackass judge on Top Chef or Chopped or whatever who dismisses anything with red onions or black pepper. Come on, man.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hewlett posted:

I actually don't remember that happening in the podcast, but dollars to donuts it may have been Jared - he can be a bit of a curmudgeon about movies at times, admittedly, but I don't even think that's strictly true of him (that he refuses to watch high school movies on principle).

I just remember feeling really bad for him when you brought up Brick and he said he'd never watch it cause high school.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hewlett posted:

Actually, I honestly don't remember Brick being brought up, just Grant and I droning on about Perks of Being a Wallflower whenever we could.

Drink less during your shows (no don't).

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hewlett posted:

We've finally decided on our schedule for November through January (mostly; some titles in January may change depending on a few factors), and I'm pretty excited by our lineup:

5-Nov 112 The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure
12-Nov 113 The Lady Vanishes
19-Nov 114 Fight Club
26-Nov 115 CONNICKUH: Dolphin Tale
3-Dec 116 Day of the Dolphin
10-Dec 117 Black Lightning
17-Dec 118 Popeye the Movie
22-Dec 119 CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: Jingle All the Way
30-Dec 120 Pi
7-Jan 121 Mothra vs. Godzilla
14-Jan 122 Mean Girls
21-Jan 123 Ichi the Killer
28-Jan 124 TBD

*Dates listed are prospective dates of recording; all episodes would come out the Thursday of that week, except for the Christmas special since I'll have to post that early to beat the actual holiday.

Mean Girls yesssssssss

One of these days I'm gonna get to Chicago and drink delicious things and talk movies with ya'll.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hewlett posted:

Film Sack won this year for best film podcast

:psyduck: What I don't even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh man that's some fun stuff.

Also Some Sort of Goblin is my favorite thing about Octorbor.

• Locked thread