Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
So I love this podcast, because my two favourite things are getting drunk and watching movies. Oh, and making cocktails is fun as well.

I've made a few of these and they tend to go down really well. I will say that some of the ingredients can be a little exotic, so I like it when you suggest alternatives. (My town apparently has some kind of Lillet embargo, I mean goddamn)
It's such a great idea that I've even taken to making themed cocktails for movies that you haven't covered yet. I've had a bunch of classic Disney viewings (shut up, it's manly when you get hammered) where I've come up with some cocktail and we've made the rules up as the film goes along. It's a great way to watch movies with a group of friends, since it's not only a fun way to get hammered, it's also typically a great way to keep the attention on the film as you're doing it!

How much prep do you guys have per movie, anyway? I mean are you screening to see if the rules could literally kill a person (Beauty and the Beast cape rule suggests nope) and if so, how drunk are you getting pre-podcast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
Nice! I'm the guy! I'm the guy they're talking about on the internet!
Glad you enjoyed the recommendation. Definitely a good call to shake the sugar in, that was one of the issues we had with it in the beginning (hence the added Limoncello). This drink gets mad sour. In the beginning, the concept of the drink was definitely stronger than the actual flavour. The decorative umbrella is genius!

Good episode! It's a pretty silly movie, but you get some good mileage out of it! Good idea to bring Cherish back on this one, you guys have some GOOD BANTER. I'm glad you got to the bottom of the "would you do Mary Poppins" issue.
The quiz was a great (but weird) idea, broke up the episode nicely. I'll have to start incorporating prize/punishment shots in our drunken viewings.

Good rules too, although the second one seems like suicide on the face of it. For certain definitions of magic, you could be waterfalling through the entire movie.

So anyway thanks!

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
Haven't heard the cast yet, but I'll just say that the Tire Fire looks delicious.
I saw Rubber with a group of friends last time, and we had a fun time with it. I think it definitely helps this movie if you're able to comment on it throughout. It kind of takes the sting out of the most abrasive scenes if you're able to share a laugh about it. So it's perfect for your format, really!

Hey, do one for Död Snö or Iron Sky. We're doing a double header of them soon and I'll beat you to the punch (haw) if you don't.

Or hell, does anyone have any ideas for these? I'm thinking some kind of white/red layered drink for Död Snö, and maybe something moon-rock themed for Iron Sky.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
I've always kind of wanted to see Satyricon and always kind of not, since my dad's always been a big fan. I guess watching it with a buzz on isn't the worst solution to this problem, so good call! The fact that your cocktail looks delicious doesn't hurt, either.

• Locked thread