Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
I might be the only person on the planet who doesn't see any use for tablets and has no interest in buying or using one beyond straight novelty value, but there's a chance this could bury the ultraportable laptop sector pretty soon with that sick-looking keyboardcover. I'll be following developments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
So uh, I don't live within 4 hours of a Microsoft store. Is there anywhere else I can try this thing out in a store before buying?

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Protocol7 posted:

Hell, at least 16:10 would be nice. Android tabs aren't true 16:10 because of the system dock (but at least they compensate for it.)

I only don't mind the res on my Vivo Tab because with the keyboard dock it's like a netbook. And I have yet to find a situation where I want to use the drat thing in portrait, or without the keyboard dock, which means I basically wanted a netbook in the first place.

I just got a Vivo Tab yesterday, and I agree. With the keyboard dock, the resolution is pretty great. I've used it in portrait a handful of times already for eBook reading (Kindle app) and it seems like it wouldn't be too terrible to use it like that on a semiregular basis.

So far my biggest complaints are with desktop view being essentially worthless and confusing, since no apps work in it except Office, the well-intentioned but infuriating Flash gimping on IE, and the fact that rocking the tablet forward and back when it's docked in the keyboard seems to make it connect and disconnect over and over.

Aside from those, which aren't really dealbreakers at all, I'm kinda digging it.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

benitocereno posted:

For those who are sick of Xbox music with Windows RT:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66748&start=30#p358469

Between this and VLC I'm going to be a happy camper :dance:

This just made my day.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Stick100 posted:

Ow... a whole keynote and not a single post on Windows RT in a month. At least Windows 8 x86 might get some apps/development.

I plan on installing 8.1 tonight on my VivoTab. I'm hopeful it'll really improve things.

I wonder if it breaks the jailbreak...

e: Looks like it does. Oh well, I didn't use it for more than Putty, really, anyway.

Sir Bobert Fishbone fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Broken Loose posted:

Who the gently caress uses iTunes?

I have an iPhone, and I haven't been able to find another way to sync music to that phone with anything but iTunes.

• Locked thread