Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
O_Kafetzis
Feb 15, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shotgun this here thread
During a hot summer day
Rated this a 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

It's possible that the tortoises being weak to ice is a Final Fantasy reference; ever since the introduction of the Adamantoise, a cold-vulnerable tortoise you fought in the Ice Caves, if there's any kind of tortoise in a FF game, it's almost certain to be weak to ice.

Of course, it could be as simple as the fact that tortoises are cold-blooded.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
Apologies for the delay, have had a bit of real life drama to deal with, but nothing too bad - should have an update up later today!

Also, can someone who has recently played some of the later games remind me of something? The 'Chaser' attacks in EO3, at least, can proc a bunch of times, right? Or is that just a few specific ones that do?

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013

100percentjesusfree posted:

Apologies for the delay, have had a bit of real life drama to deal with, but nothing too bad - should have an update up later today!

Also, can someone who has recently played some of the later games remind me of something? The 'Chaser' attacks in EO3, at least, can proc a bunch of times, right? Or is that just a few specific ones that do?

Yes, Chases can proc multiple times in later games, always. Some of them may have maximum number of attacks per round though, although I can't remember which ones in EO3 off the top of my head.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

The chases can indeed proc multiple times - the Buccaneer's have decreasing chances to proc after each chase, while Warrior Might will always proc on every attack.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

O_Kafetzis posted:

Shotgun this here thread
During a hot summer day
Rated this a 5

Thank you very much!
It is always good to know
that you are enjoying.

Update 24 - Metant Gear Solid

Welcome back! When we last left our party, they were standing around after having murdered a red ant. Now, we can move on!

Stratum 3 theme - The Thousand Year Old Woodlands

"Seems with that one ant controlling the others gone, we can move on."

"Wait, if it was spawning them, how is IT the servant?"

"Ants have a very complex social structure, apparently!"

Through a door just around from where those ants were, there are... more ants. More respawning ants that will get in our way. Joy.

"Er. Not this way, apparently."

"Ah, screw it. Push through!"

"We don't even know if this is the right way!"

"Who cares? Sneaking around because of ants is just embarrassing."

"You're not the one who has to heal you up every time you take a hit." :colbert:

Anyway, this is where we need to get.

Yeah, I'm sure you can work out how this goes. :v:

Now you see them...

And now you don't. I love seeing little blips on the map vanish like that, as ants spontaneously die when their supposed servant kicks the bucket.

One complaint I have about this floor is that there's not a lot of interesting things going on to talk about, for now at least - there's the ant gimmick, but there're just a few dead-ends here and there, and one main path to follow. :v: It's not the most interesting floor!

"Huh. We've already been all the way around the floor?"

"Apparently. At least we can get back here easily, if we need to."

"It looks like there is
another passage down here
we should check it out."

"But first up, it'd be for the best
if the lot of us took a brief rest
we'll relax in a fight
where we'll be alright
and after, we'll be full of zest."

Yeah, topping up your TP and HP before taking that mysterious passage isn't a bad idea.

With enemies hitting like that, admittedly thanks to the party all defending, it's not like we're in much danger. :v: Especially when Jill recovers 5 TP a turn, and cure I costs... 5TP.

The faraway sound of a horde of insects reaches your ears... Straining your eyes to see where the noise is coming from, you see a gigantic ant! You realise with alarm that you have trespassed into the ants' forest nest... If you are to proceed, battle with the devilish ants will be inevitable!

Yes, because we've had such a peaceful time with the ants up 'til now.

Whoops, wrong game. With screenshot borrowed from Leavemywife's LP, hope you don't mind! :v:

Boss Battle Theme - Dyed in Blood

Oh boy. Also, it probably goes without saying that that bunch of FOEs move in towards us with every turn.

Par for the course, Hector opens with a boosted Defender - Defender is much less broken than immunize, so it's what I'm defaulting to, and I'm avoiding just using both of them.

I'd use neither, but the Royalant hits like a bastard made of bastards, despite us being fairly overlevelled, and there's no need to make things TOO hard on myself, right? :v:

Musashi, of course, has to get into his stance before he can do anything. Ronin! :argh:

:downs:

"Oh for-"

Case in point, for how hard it hits - look at Hector's health. Still, Dietrich hits harder!

Also, this is through Defender. Ouch. This wouldn't seem quite so bad if not for the fact that Jill is the highest level member of our party, and on the back row - level 40-odd is probably a bit much for this point in the game, honestly, but it's a side-effect of trying to keep a bunch of people all nicely levelled. :v:

Nearly 600 damage from a boosted Midareba. Jeeze, Musashi's kind of a monster.

Also, this thing is weak to fire, for some reason.

"You might say it's not very flame retardant."

:ughh:

I stand by my assertion that puns are a totally valid literary technique. :colbert:

"Bah, a few more insects won't make any difference to this fight."

"A LOT more might just, though."

This seems to be the most sprites that will fit on the screen, so there's one FOE just sort of hanging around.

The best thing to do, generally, is ignore the Bloodants the best you can, and tank their hits with the help of Defender/Immunize/whatever you fancy. With the Royalant there, they'll just respawn instantly when killed, and come back into the fight quickly - just focus on the boss.

:ughh: I forgot to re-use Overhead, so his stance wore off and he can't use any more techniques until I do. Ronin! :argh:

...I apparently also forgot to re-use Defender. Welp.

Dietrich is quickly brought back into the fight, and my knowledge of later Etrian Odyssey games screws me over a bit!

As was confirmed by TheShim and AncientSpark, in later games, the 'chaser' attacks can proc multiple times - in this one, it doesn't seem to. Maybe it's just because it's level 1?

It also does considerably less admage than an elemental-weakness hitting basic attack from him. These chaser moves kinda suck!

Still, the fight's all-but over at this point. The Royalant does have a couple more tricks up its sleeve - it has a harder-hitting single target attack, a multi-target attack that hits around 3 members of the party, and apparently a self-heal, but it didn't use the last of these.

"Really? That's it? In my day, this would just be the start, with ten more health bars to go!"

"And all fights were in the snow, and uphill both ways?"

"Pah. Scoff all you like."

Victory theme - Get the Treasure

The rest is just cleaning up. I didn't record it because... er.

Honestly, I kind of forgot. :v: It's not a super-interesting fight, but if people would like to see it, I will have the party rest a bit and take a stab at recording it, presuming it respawns! It would be odd if it didn't.

"Huh. That was quick. Are we done with this stratum already?"

"Apparently not."

Exciting as a new floor, complete with a healing fountain is, though, we're not in great shape - and a new floor means new quests!

Also boss loot to sell!

Ughhh. I hate this quest, for reasons that will soon become apparent. But I must do it, because completionism!

"The pearl our client lost was a precious gift from her lover. If you search the habitats of monsters with large horns, you may be able to get it back. Careful, though. That monster was too much even for someone as strong as her."

"For some reason the ants on the 12th floor become vicious during certain times of year."

"I'm pretty sure they're always just vicious, honestly."

"Indeed. They're quite violant."

:ughh: "WHY"

"A lot of adventurers fall victim to them in those times... I'd like you to find out the reason this happens. If we knew why, we might find a way to deal with it. Good luck out there."

Looking up, you see a monster with large horns blocking the path before you! It can only be the monster your client encountered when she dropped the pearl!"

Except... we now have to manually leave the room, and come back in. Something tells me this wasn't properly scripted to deal with people coming in through the shortcut :v:

"Huh, that was easy enough to find."

"Ahahaha. Seriously?"

Surprisingly enough, a regular enemy from stratum 1 is not a threat to our current party at all, and dies pretty much instantly.

However, you do find a pit behind where the monster stood, leading to the floor below. Perhaps the pearl you seek is on the other end of this pit...

Perhaps this is the true monster your client encountered as she dropped the pearl... Your search will have to wait until the monster before you is slain!

This thing suddenly pops out of the ground! Oh well, nothing else to do but fight.

:catstare:

Oh god. This is through defender, too!

Yeah, this thing is a monster. We might actually be in trouble here.

:gibs:

"Hah. Amazing how much difference setting your sword on fire makes!"

Yeah, tough as these things are, they take elemental damage like absolute chumps - they are also apparently vulnerable to status attacks and OHKO, but I don't really have any of those to play with.

They also don't have THAT much health, fortunately.

Nasty as they are, though, team Runaway is pretty tough! Sadly, no drops, but we wouldn't have the other materials to make stuff with the things they drop anyway. Spoiler alert: This probably isn't the last we'll be seeing of these guys.

If you think this fight is the reason I hate this quest... you're wrong, I'm afraid! I love seeing the party get into a good scrap.

Looking closely, it is a small, shinng pearl. Could this be the treasure that your client lost? You decide to take the pearl back to town.

The pearl, of course, is an actual item. Anyway, onto the other quest down here!

One ant seems to be going back and forth on the path... Could it be guarding the area?

Eh, who cares if it is? We've killed a bunch of these things.

What?

What?

So yeah, that's the gimmick here, and where the update title comes from - if we get into any fights here, all the ants respawn, and we get warped back to the start.

It's a sneaking mission, Snake!

Oh hey, it even comes with poorly-timed codec calls interrupting us.

Radha hall will be quite pleased to see your handiwork. If you are done with mapping B11F as well, then return to the Radha and show them the results. If not, then return to the previous floor, and complete the second half of your task.

Nah. We've got stuff to do, first.

Er.

Whew, finally. I hate this mission, too - very forced stealth sections never sit well with me.

It's an ant's egg... It seems the ants' strange behavior is a result of the breeding season. Now that yuo've found the reason, you sould flee before the ants discover you.

And we're done with these quests, for now! I'm not sure if getting caught now would make you have to start again, but I THINK it does - of course, if you brought warp wire, this is a nonissue.

Bar/Shop theme - The Lounge Where We Speak Of Tomorrow

"Welcome back, kids. Good job on finding that pearl. Our client will be happy to have it back. I can't believe a monster ate it, though... I heard some animals swallow stones for digestion, but I didn't know it was true. I guess that monster needed to do the same thing... Huh. Well, at least you found it. But for her sake... I think I'll leave out the details of how you got it back."

"Probably wise, yes."

So, that quest might not seem too bad, buuuut...

It is, in fact, bugged! That pearl doesn't get taken off you when you complete the quest, and there's no way to get rid of it. For 2000 en, and a bit of completionism, we've sacrificed an inventory slot forever. Bleh. It's not like inventory management is a HUGE issue, but still, this is quite annoying!

"Huh... So the ants were just protecting their egg. If that's the case, no wonder they get more vicious. I'll warn the other explorers not to go near ants during this time of the year."

The Flute is a troubadour-only item that gives a chunk of TP. Eh, I'm happy enough with Keyser's equipment.

Only one fate awaits it!

Also, why won't you buy my drat pearls? Immersion ruined.

Radha theme - Festival of Worship

"Oh boy."

Brace for words!

"Ah, the Runaway Guild."

The Runaway Guild actually sounds kinda cool, somehow. Sounds like a movie!

"I knew I could count on you. Thank you for your hard work. I have pondered of late the reason for the Labyrinth's existence... The mysterious creatures, and that bizarre structure that seems to have no bottom... Do you suppose the Labyrinth formed naturally?"

"Honestly, it seems designed to be as annoying and dickish as possible, so probably not, no."

"Also, doors and stairs generally don't occur by themselves."

"I can't help but think there's a secret behind it... Personally, I believe the secret, whatever it may be, would greatly benefit Etria. However, the Chieftain... He takes a different view. He's a man of few words, but he was unequivocal in stating the mystery is best left alone. Why would he be so set against investigation of the forest past this point...? but I forget myself. I shouldn't speak to you of such things. Thoughts like these are best kept private.

In any event... Your maps will be a boon to our research of the third Stratum. We'd like to present this to you as a token of our appreciation."

2.5x what we got for that quest earlier, and we didn't even have to sacrifice an inventory slot!

"While you're here... There's something else I wanted to bring up."

"I swear, if you're going to make us go through red tape, I'm out."

"Those soldiers we sent to collect data on the layout of the third Stratum... They reported seeing an unknown life form deep within the Labyrinth. A race of creatures that look almost human, yet are distinct from us in a variety of ways. If they speak true, it would be one of the greatest discoveries we have yet made. Could we ask that you proceed even deeper into the forest and investigate the matter?"

"You accept, then? Very good. Now then, let me give you the details. As I mentioned earlier, there's a strange creature in the third Stratum we are unable to reach. They seem to be a humanoid life form native to the forest. We may need to deal with them. For now, we're discussing how to best handle them with the Chieftain... In the meantime, we want you to investigate the life form and report back with details. But beware, for there's no knowing if the life form will be friend or foe to humans."

Or indeed, friend or FOE. Anyway, with that, we're going to call it an update, aside from the usual stuff at the end - how's everyone liking the current team? Is it worth changing things up?

Hector, still building up towards Smite! Was planning on waiting 'til I get that to take on Feat of Strength, but uh, that might be a bit excessive, seeing as it'll be a while off.

Dietrich hasn't really changed much, honestly, I don't think he levelled up! I'm still focusing on maxing out atk-up with him.

Musashi remains a one-trick pony, but one that hits devastatingly hard when he does, despite his level.

I decided to build up for Caduceus, and give up on getting TP regen - useful as it is, she's been managing just fine without it so far.

Last but not least, I decided to get Healing on Keyser - full-party regen will be a nice buff, and it's interesting having an extra buff slot to play with in harder battles, now that I'm not cheesing things with immunize. :v:

New shop stuff!

The gem staff is awesome - a staff that gives a good attack boost and a nice boost to Tec, too? Very yes. If you looked at Jill's stat sheet, you might've noticed she has one of these. :v:

Requires 2 Glass Eyes, so murder some Hexfrogs!

...Wow. I had forgotten about this thing. Only useable by dark hunters, but seriously powerful! It requires 5 Crab Legs, dropped by an enemy we've not fought yet, but also available at that mining spot on the first floor of this stratum, and 1 Death Claw, the regular drop from the Royalant.

A new instrument! It's still not very good! Also we got a free one, which I sold. It requires 5 Bone Shards and 5 Steel Bones, so you'll probably wind up getting the stuff for making it while massacring your way through ants on B12.

Anyway, in case anyone missed it, should I change up the party, or keep it as it is? If so, what should change?

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 29, 2013

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
It's true, the Hellbull is quite...horribull. Do you think our guild members make Youtube videos when they aren't exploring the labyrinth?

I like the party as is. You have a good front and back team, and I like reading Keyser's dialogue.

e: Disregard this. Keyser solo run :getin:

GeneralYeti fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 29, 2013

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I'd love to see more of Richter. I like his dialogue, and Dark Hunters seem interesting if a bit difficult to use.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I want to see you switch out everyone but Jill and Musashi

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That samurai is a cornball. Put Richter in his spot.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Please go back to using Defender and Immunise.

...What? Am I not allowed to vote for that?

Oh, and you misspelled Leavemywife.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

Yapping Eevee posted:

Please go back to using Defender and Immunise.

...What? Am I not allowed to vote for that?

Oh, and you misspelled Leavemywife.

Haha, I'll rest up so the Royalant respawns, and go and video utterly dominating it using Defender and Immunize just for you~ I'll probably have to use it against the superbosses when they come up, because this IS an Atlus game, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :v:

And what typo? What are you talking about? :ninja:

...Also, I love how all the votes thus far have been drastically different. :v: Pleasing everyone might be hard, this time!

Also also, is it just me or does the Hellbull look like a distant cousin of the :catstare:

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 29, 2013

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Keyser solo run

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Lazy Programming posted:

Keyser solo run

Totally changing my vote to this. This man speaks truth.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
Mini-Update - Keyser's solo adventure

I'm not sure why I thought this was a good idea, honestly. Still, the people (two of them) have spoken!

"For reasons unknown
my companions have all left.
Solo adventure!"

"Without friends, there's no issue of row
So it would be pointless to use a bow
I'll buy myself a blade
With the cash that we made
And prove my strength score's not just for show."

For what I have in mind, a troubadour is probably the worst class, aside from maybe a non-caduceus using medic. :v: Keyser's going to need all the help he can get.

Haha, even she thinks this is a terrible idea.

"This one is an ordeal that comes directly from the head of the Explorer's Guild. It's very dangerous, but if you can do it, it'll be a real feather in your cap. The monster the Guildmaster calls a Cutter lives on the 6th floor of the forest. It's a ferocious bear that got its name from its sharp claws that rip explorers to shreds. Honestly... I don't know if I'm comfortable asking anyone to challenge the Labyrinth alone. Good luck, though, and I'll be praying for your safe return."

You may remember Cutters as being those bears that wander B6f of the labyrinth, and that our party could steamroll through.

...this is still not a good idea.

FOE theme - A Sudden Gust of Wind Before Your Eyes

"Ow! I can hardly BEAR this!"

:ughh: "No, that one was just unbearable."

"Ow! I'm laying my soul bear for you here!"

"If I take one more hit, I'll die.
I'm sure that would make the fans cry
As I can't really heal
These items appeal
So fighting back, I can finally try."

"You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind."

In all seriousness, the thing roared at him a few times, it never stuck. Keyser has nerves of steel, apparently!

Finally. Turn 5 before I could even really attack, due to setup and healing and such!

Also, using Bravery and Blaze to boost his damage, and armed with a powerful sword, he hits pretty hard, too.

"This medicine is
Slowly running out. Where is
Jill when you need her?"

:smug:

Nerves of steel, I'm telling you.

"With one more blow against this bear
I, Keyser, have taken care
of one quest that we nearly missed,
Cutter..."

"you are dismissed." :c00lbert:

I'm sorry, that was terrible. :v: I am not a poet, but I figured having it be all limericks and haiku would be a cop out, so...

Victory theme - Get the Treasure

The quest to defeat the Cutter in single combat. You realize, startled, that you have just accomplished it!

Yes, many people are startled when they accomplish something they obviously specifically set out to do.

All that's left is to leave the Labyrinth alive and report back to the pub.

No loving way am I walking anywhere now that I've just done that. A stiff breeze would kill Keyser right now, let alone a random encounter.

"You really beat the cutter all by yourself? Nice one! Win or lose, though... I'm just glad you made it back in one piece. I know you need to hone your skills, but try not to do anything too rash."

Awww yis.

Anyway, if you're going to vote, I'd kinda appreciate votes that are actually feasible! Keyser wandering around the third stratum would result in a game over very rapidly. :v:

Also, despite the mini update, Voting for party composition is still very much open, and will be left open for a bit!

and no, I won't be doing any more solo runs, not for a while at least!

Also, remind me not to read the thread at like 3am, it results in me getting stupid ideas like this, apparently.

Also also, for those playing along at home, a much less stupid character to take into this fight is a Protector - they can use Defender to lower the damage they take, dish out decent damage, especially with Smite, and heal with items, or even with their own Cure spells if you give them those for some reason. :v:

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 29, 2013

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
I just want you to know, I wasn't aware of that quest.

Love, me.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

Lazy Programming posted:

I just want you to know, I wasn't aware of that quest.

Love, me.

Haha, fair enough. I figured that the Keyser Solo votes were sorta jokes, but then I remembered that quest had been lingering in the list for ages and went for it. I didn't expect it to actually work out, but I'm not complaining!

E. Spelling is hard. Why am I even still up?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Haha, fair enough. I figured that the Keyser Solo votes were sorta jokes, but then I remembered that quest had been lingering in the list for ages and went for it. I didn't expect it to actually work out, but I'm not complaining!

E. Spelling is hard. Why am I even still up?

OK, now you did the solo-run, now do a duo-run: Jill and Dietrich!

With a healer helping Dietrich out, everything should turn out great, right? :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bring the original 2 others back. We need more :whip: and :science:

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Bring the original 2 others back. We need more :whip: and :science:

This, we need more SCIENCE in this party. Also Landshark, Melee medic and grumpy old swordsman.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Voting for Jill, Hector, Musashi, Alvis and Alex.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Voting for Jill, Hector, Musashi, Alvis and Alex.

This is a good idea let's go with that.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

"With one more blow against this bear
I, Keyser, have taken care
of one quest that we nearly missed,
Cutter..."

"you are dismissed." :c00lbert:

I'm sorry, that was terrible. :v: I am not a poet, but I figured having it be all limericks and haiku would be a cop out, so...

I looked for the one from a few years ago with Kevin Kline but didn't find it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEacXeAbHpQ

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
Voting wise, unless I'm mis-counting something, it's looking like things stand aaat...

Richter IIII
Jill III
Alvis III
Musashi II
Hector II
Alex II
Keyser I
Dietrich I

(This is counting alcharagia's vote as -1 to Musashi, +1 to Richter, so...)

Unfortunately, this presents a bit of a dilemma! I can't have a party of 6 for what I imagine are largely arbitrary reasons, so I sorta need another vote or two to push one two of the people on 2 votes into having 3 or more. Or having less. Or indeed, to suddenly push someone else into the party. :v:

Edit: Holy crap, I am awful at counting.

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 3, 2013

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Alex. :v:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Definitely Alex.

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012
Alex.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Dietrich

Just so the fifth place has a bit more diversity. :v:

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Hector, Mushasi and now Dedrich are tied at two votes a piece.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Hey, whatever happened to Serasmus? I liked that guy :(

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
Dietrich

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Drop Jill, bring Mushasi

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Lazy Programming posted:

Drop Jill, bring Mushasi

are you insane?

AccidentalHipster
Jul 5, 2013

Whadda ya MEAN ya never heard of Dan Brereton?
Richter and Alvis need more screentime and Hector and Jill are necessities. I'd like to see how they interact with Musashi more, so bring him as well.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
Alright, I think a lead has formed, so! Final party is Richter, Jill, Alvis, Musashi and Alex

I'm entirely okay with this!

Also, GeneralYeti, nothing happened to Serasmus, he just received no votes for some reason. :v: I've not deleted any characters or anything, they're all still there, and still available!

Also, I'm slightly miffed. I was planning on doing a boss-rush style video, using defender and immunize to sate Yapping Eevee's bloodlust, but Cernunos is refusing to respawn (some things say I need to beat the next stratum boss before he will, I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it'd be annoying if so), and Fenrir died without actually getting a turn in... while the Royalant fight somehow managed to actually go slightly worse than my original run. :v: Still, if anyone's interested, I'll get around to encoding them and such!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It's because you didn't add him in the character list.

(and Alex is superior in all conceivable ways.)

AccidentalHipster
Jul 5, 2013

Serasmus is cool, but Alvis is funnier in my opinion. I would like to see more of him, but later. Heck, if Jill and Hector weren't necessary for survival I would have voted for Serasmus and Dietrich instead of them. I don't remember Alvis and Serasmus interacting with each other a lot despite having a history together. I didn't vote that way because it wouldn't have helped and I don't like being cruel to LPers (outside of encouraging completionism of course).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm impressed the bard managed to solo a bear. Just look at how far you've come.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

Glazius posted:

I'm impressed the bard managed to solo a bear. Just look at how far you've come.

Yeah, Keyser seriously impressed me there, too. Was not expecting to actually pull that off!

Anyway, apologies for the delay, again - I got most of the way through getting the screenshots for an update, then got murdered horribly by FOEs. :v: Walking around with an overlevelled team has resulted in me getting entirely too much self-confidence, so this under levelled group sometimes runs into trouble because I just think "Eh, we can take 'em".

I hadn't saved for a while, either, as it turned out, so I wound up scrapping what I had and starting again, which is... a bit frustrating, to say the least. Still, I'll try and get them through! Or I'll grind on frogs 'til Richter and Musashi don't die so easily, one of the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccidentalHipster
Jul 5, 2013

Yeah, Keyser seriously impressed me there, too. Was not expecting to actually pull that off!

Anyway, apologies for the delay, again - I got most of the way through getting the screenshots for an update, then got murdered horribly by FOEs. :v: Walking around with an overlevelled team has resulted in me getting entirely too much self-confidence, so this under levelled group sometimes runs into trouble because I just think "Eh, we can take 'em".

I hadn't saved for a while, either, as it turned out, so I wound up scrapping what I had and starting again, which is... a bit frustrating, to say the least. Still, I'll try and get them through! Or I'll grind on frogs 'til Richter and Musashi don't die so easily, one of the two.

I wouldn't mind waiting for grinding but I think it would be funny to see Richter and Musashi get hosed up a few times and the rest of the party :doh: at it.

"I thought you said the new guy was good!"

AccidentalHipster fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 15, 2013

• Locked thread