Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Now I'll have to start playing DF again. And here I was hoping to get something done this week summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
Eeee! DF LPs got me to join, and now I catch one at the start? I am so there.

Looking very much forward to this, Leperflesh. I know nothing about the 2012 version so it ought to be full of fun and surprises.

Vorpal Swordfish
Feb 4, 2011
Off to a great start already. Not the fleeing for our lives of Gemclod, but it certainly seems like something is going on in The Rare Ship. Also, I don't think I really understood until now just how fast these things start to fill up. Glad to get in early for this one, might even have to try for an overseer term later.

Also looking forward to seeing all of the new sorts of hijinks DF2012 brings (I still haven't managed to wrap my head around what to do with those minecarts in my own fortresses).

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Just put in my application, this will be my first time participating in a DF LP. Guess that means my death will be particularly horrifying?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh, by the way, it looks like the spreadsheet link in

quote:

The form adds you to the dwarfing list spreadsheet, which is here:.

got omitted.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Bronzestabbed is a spectacular name. I hope someone actually does bronze production.

Excellent job with the OP, Leper...flesh. Looking forward to this.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I can't wait to see the inevitable minecart megaprojects!

sum
Nov 15, 2010

scamtank posted:

Evil weather. Minecarts. Necromancers, necromancy, secrets beyond human understanding and overhauled undead. Dwarves actually putting on new clothes when the old ones wear out.

Oh god I forgot about the minecarts. I can't wait to see what trickery people can come up with with roller coasters and automated magma dumping and such.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Applied for a labor position, wooo! Here's hoping I don't turn out to be vampire fodder.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Oh, by the way, it looks like the spreadsheet link in

got omitted.

Oh hey, thanks. Fixed!

e. Been kinda grinding on this for days so I'mma take a break for a few hours and go outside. Try to behave yourselves. Expect the next update probably not until tomorrow (sunday) although late tonight is maybe possible if I'm super-motivated.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

idonotlikepeas posted:

Bronzestabbed is a spectacular name. I hope someone actually does bronze production.

Excellent job with the OP, Leper...flesh. Looking forward to this.

Does this site have copper and tin?

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Sam. posted:

Does this site have copper and tin?

We will find out once they dig in.

I do hope they are going into the region blind, to make things interesting.

Bikindok
May 3, 2012
Oh man, I'm actually on in on this! Like so many others, it seems, I read the previous LP's in the archive, as well as Gemclod while it was in progress, but now I'm actually going to get to be a hauler and do nothing of importance! Or maybe even notable!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Saoritficis posted:

We will find out once they dig in.

I do hope they are going into the region blind, to make things interesting.

I believe Leperflesh did check that the site would be sufficiently interesting but still safe enough to make it reasonable to survive past year 2.

logarithm
Oct 29, 2010

This is already looking great, I can't wait to be horribly maimed by a werelion/minecart/reanimated foot

Tosca Cake
Oct 30, 2011
Followed Gemclod from the start, so my hopes of Bronzestabbed being as awesome as that are pretty high!
Also looking forward to getting dwarfed so digital-me can run around and problebly die to infection in the third toe, left foot or something :black101:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I want a minecart named after me. Or a torture chamber. Where's the Google Doc for that, smart guy?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I love reading Dwarf Fortress LPs. Can't wait to see what undead monsters slaughter the fort this time.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 24, 2012

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
I'm 81st in line. That's some kind of record for me!

Anyway, looking forward to this, and hoping that I survive longer than a single update this time.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Leperflesh, you did an amazing job on the prologue, and I know from reading the main DF thread all the time and you took to create this new LP. Thank you. Someone buy this guy a dwarven rum, please.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

In it as a :clint:

Never played this game or read any of the previous LP's. What cool poo poo does the sheriff get to do?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

GNU Order posted:

In it as a :clint:

Never played this game or read any of the previous LP's. What cool poo poo does the sheriff get to do?

Occasionally beat people to death, and otherwise give completely inappropriate punishments for the severity of a crime.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Sweet. Sorry in advance if I kill any of you

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Thanks for posting the dwarf descriptions, I'm already working on art.

Anyone who winds up as a vampire should be given the next turn as Overseer.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
And so another goon DFLP starts, and thats quite a start so far. I signed up as a military teacher, but i don't mind if that doesn't work out.

Also, the dwarf list is already over 100 hah, things are going fast.

InwardChaos
Oct 21, 2010

Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos.
It was Gemclod that got me into LPs and on to SA. I'm looking forward to participating in this one, however I can.

(I missed out on the dwarfing list last time, since I didn't expect it to last as long as it did. Not making the same mistake this time.)

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.

Captain_duck posted:

I signed up as a military teacher

That's pretty fitting, considering your tutorial videos were the only reason I was able to figure out Dwarf Fortress :)

Vorpal Swordfish
Feb 4, 2011
I have to say, though, I really like doing the dwarfing signups externally. Really seems to be cutting down on clutter, after having seen what the first pages of previous ones looked like (The list is already at over 100 and yet the thread is still on page 2).

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Have to agree that I really like the style so far. 'Do not let the cats abscond' is the best.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Thanks guys. Yes, bravemule definitely influences how I think of how dwarves think. Can't help it, although I try hard not to directly copy the style.
Go nuts with it, I love that people enjoy Matul.

Excellent start! Super excited for this thread.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Man, at this rate the fortress will be flooded with demons before I get dwarfed. Still, I'm super loving excited for the first update. This is gonna be great.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh gosh I got so excited that I request dwarfing before realizing I was in the freakin' embark group! Hot diggity dog! And a big strong ox of a military dwarf? I can dig it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
How the gently caress are there already over 100 entries in the DwarfMe spreadsheet? :psydwarf:

I just hope there's not that much competition for the overseer position. If I don't get my chance to write mediocre updates and ruin everything, I don't know what I'll do!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Write journal entries and draw horrible pictures, most likely. ;)

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

Man, at this rate the fortress will be flooded with demons before I get dwarfed. Still, I'm super loving excited for the first update. This is gonna be great.

It won't take more than a couple years before we run through over a hundred dwarves, so I wouldn't fret too much. Most megaprojects worth ruining the fort over require a hundred or so spare bodies anyway.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I was hoping one of the things we could steal from Matul Remrit was the five-letter bastardisation of the forum names. I can put on my fake beard and chainmail and quaff all the ale I want before coming into the thread, but reading about the exploits of dwarf nakedsephiroth246 just breaks my immersion. Oh well, maybe next time!

suburban virgin fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 24, 2012

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Fargo Fukes posted:

I was hoping one of the things we could steal from Matul Remrit was the five-letter bastardisation of the forum names. I can put on my fake beard and chainmail and quaff all the ale I want but reading about the exploits of dwarf nakedsephiroth246 just breaks my immersion.
If this is done (judging by the submission sheet, seems like user/overseer preference?) I'd recommend not restricting it to five letters. You'd be amazed how fast you run out of names that don't sound exactly alike.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

Write journal entries and draw horrible pictures, most likely. ;)

Its just not the same unless I kill off half the population ingloriously after everyone finally gets a dwarf named after themselves.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Its just not the same unless I kill off half the population ingloriously after everyone finally gets a dwarf named after themselves.

Write fanfic about your dwarf writing fanfic about being overseer and killing everyone off. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

Write fanfic about your dwarf writing fanfic about being overseer and killing everyone off. :downs:

. . . I am stealing this idea.

• Locked thread