Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008
Strike the earth!

I am looking forward to this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Sam. posted:

Does this site have copper and tin?

We will find out once they dig in.

I do hope they are going into the region blind, to make things interesting.

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Alrighty this is coming far later than I wanted, but with work and all that jazz, I just didn't get around to it

2nd Limestone
Me and John are leaving Pagetin. I have had it here, there are non-dwarves everywhere! I mean, the humans are just silly and the elves are just plain annoying, but the goblins run free! I mean sure, there are only a small amount of them around compared to the 1000 dwarves living here, but it's only going to get worse. They stink and steal and you just know they will betray us one day and throw the gates open to an enemy army if given the chance.

Pagetin is as good as lost, it is only a matter of time before it becomes as bad as Ripewhips. There's 6 of them per dwarf there! No way I am staying to watch the same happen here.

Word has reached us that a caravan will be preparing to head from The Rare Ship to a newly founded settlement in the north called "Bronzestabbed". I like the name because it sounds very dwarven.

We will leave Pagetin. Actually getting to this new outpost will take all of our money, but we should at least be able to bring along afew animals as a gift. I imagine new livestock will be welcomed there.

We should arrive a good time before the trading caravan.

7th Sandstone
We have arrived at Bronzestabbed. I must admit I was somewhat disappointed when I first saw the entrance: Simple doors protect the entrance, easily rammed down by a strong enemy and the walls of the working and living spaces are of packed earth and not stone, which is just not right.

I pushed such thoughts aside though: The outpost is not even a year old and carving stone out of the earth takes time. Stone is being quarried and plans are in place to search for ore, so all in all, this seems promising.

I expect to be used to work the farms, from my conversation with the overseer. This is fine, there are already plots for plump helmets and cave wheat being prepared. I will help as I can.

16th Timber
I had hoped to come to Bronzestabbed to be free of the goblins that infest our Mountainhomes, only to find out that this outpost is to strike out at the evil that is the root of the goblin plague.

The Overseer told History that dismayed me greatly. Now I wonder what me and my husband have gotten ourselves into.

1st Granite
The strange fog that passes over the area near Bronzestabbed has shown it's true danger finally. I have not seen it, since the Overseer commanded us all inside and barred the doors, but others say that a bird flew into the fog and came out different. When I tried to get details they simply insisted it was evil and dangerous and I should stay inside.

I am skeptical as to how dangerous a single bird could be, but care little. The dining hall has been smoothed and is a great sight to behold, so staying inside is not so bad at the moment. We cannot keep the livestock inside for too long though, they will get hungry and need pastures to sustain themselves.

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

4th Granite, 237

We have a new overseer. Strangely, it is not one of the original founders but instead a new arrival. I will stay open for this though, I am sure the choice was considered carefully.

17th Granite, 237

A mist-sprayer. A MIST-SPRAYER? We are on the edge of the cursed lands and our new overseer is most interested in building an automatic shower? I.... am speechless.

23th Granite, 237

Screw work, it's Party Time!!!

28th Slate, 237

It's been a pretty boring month, just going about my work and getting some rest. We did strike tin ore though, from what I have heard. Looks like Bronzestabbed will live up to it's name. Bronze will provide our military with a good level of protection, for when those accursed goblins eventually come for us. I don't know if it will be enough for whatever other horrors may come, though.

Some more new arrivals. Our numbers grow, but our defenses are still next to nothing. I worry greatly.

A werehyena attacked us! It killed a lamb and much worse, one of our brave solider's children. I felt bad and wish I could speak with Nomikus, but know not what to say. The night creature is dead now though, and the fortress is safe again for the moment.

9th Felsite

Leperfish is taken by a mood, our defenses are still not being tended to or even planned in any way. The overseer's thoughts are still directed to his auto-shower device. I am unconvinced of it's urgency in light of other matters.

New migrants have bolstered our military however, so at least our fighting force will continue to grow. I continue my uneventful work as usual.

17th Felsite

New rooms for beds. I like this, having my own room will be welcomed greatly. The overseer took the first prepared room for himself. This is selfish and I disapprove.

Elves have arrived. Elves are arrogant and annoying and I didn't like the ones in my old home at Pagetin, I have pledged not to like these merchant elves either.

27th Felsite

The first sighting of a kobold thief. It escaped. The kobolds have become aware of our presence. They will be a constant annoyance from now on. The goblins will know soon as well, thier first war parties will come, it is only a matter of time.

19th Malachite

The auto-showerer (the overseer calls it a "mister", I do not understand why he uses human title to describe it) that the overseer has been calling his "master plan" has been built, but will not function because overseer failed to consider power sources. I question the overseer's ability. Also, no plans for outer walls or defenses of any kind have been made. I am nervous.

29th Malachite

Harpies attacked yesterday, two of them. The military was able to dispatch one with relative ease before it could seriously hurt anyone. The other seems to have fled.

14th Galena

One of the new arrivals amoungst the migrants that arrived at the same time as the harpies is still missing. It seems the harpies were able to claim a dwarf life after all. I am saddened by this.

Human merchants have arrived. Prehaps they have fish. I enjoy eating fish. The new statue garden outside is nice, but it is so exposed that while I enjoy visiting it and speaking with other dwarves while admiring fine dwarven craftsmanship I must constantly look over my shoulder out of nervousness.

10th Limestone

The end of the overseer's term has come. His "mister" failed to function. I am disappointed. Prehaps the next overseer can fix any mistakes, although priorities must be set elsewhere.

I looked over to the cursed land in the distance today. The trees are, well, just wrong. It frightens me. If one of those murks were to sweep over the fortress...

Saoritficis fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 15, 2012

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008
My God, to think this one is still going, the memories...

I can't believe my guy/gal actually managed to survive until the end.

• Locked thread