Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This looks like a great start. Thanks for all the work so far, Leperflesh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhCrap posted:

Nomikos does Battle with Kangaroo! It is very one-sided and soon Kangaroo dead.

A man boxing a kangaroo is a peculiar spectacle, but a kangaroo boxing a dwarf? Now I'm afraid you've lost me.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Urist help me, you take one drink and there is Zapdos McGrouch tapping his foot and glaring at you. At least OhCrap always believed me when I told her I was just heeding Tradition by testing my latest brews.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Another update where my career choice as not-military has been validated! At least, until an enraged overseer kicks down the door and bashes my head in.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zapdos posted:

Markus_Cz diagnoses Male Man, who, having grown up, now qualifies for dwarven universal health care.

Say no to quackery, use DUHC!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I like the front line squad, or alternatively the lonely explorer of the depths option.

Perhaps house arrest with his own training room, so that when a situation arises, he can actually be an effective fighter?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The following note is attached to the central messageboard in the Great Hall. It is encircled with bands of anger. It menaces with spikes of threats:

People of Bronzestabbed,

in recent months, this fortress has seen some great changes, not only in its formal structure, meaning the recent ascent of Overseer Soileddiaper, but also in its social structure and its religious conventions. I refer, of course, to the new attitude this fortress adopted towards Ugathites. Now, while I personally do not give a beakdogs rear end about Ugath, or indeed any other god, I do care a great deal about my personal well-being. I would add: "and my wife's", but poor, lovely Steke recently passed away. In fact she died because none of you dipshits could be bothered to give her a loving drink. The last thing she saw was my masterfully brewed barrel of 238 Chateau de Roche...

Without her, I have only two joys left in my old age. The first is the thought that all of you religious types will all burn in whatever hells your gods have made for you for all eternity. The rest of you will at least have worms eating your brains, if the murk doesn't get you, which it probably will.

My second joy left in life is brewing, which brings me to my point: I am the master brewer of this fortress. I brew your booze. I own the drinks stockpile. I am the only dwarf who knows which barrels of booze are safe to drink, and which barrels might have a special, let's call it aftertaste.

Throw me out in the mud with the loonies and you will regret it.

Sincerely,

J.D. Zasitrilem, Master Brewer of Bronzestabbed

SixFigureSandwich fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 30, 2012

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TildeATH posted:

Could somebody remind me again which lever you pull to raise the bridge in case a vile force of darkness arrives?

I'm just curious... no big deal.

If you pull all levers, the right one has to be among them!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well, that wasn't so bad.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm helping :unsmith:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Encase them in Obsidian, place outside gates.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TildeATH posted:

Finally, a real overseer. I was getting sick of these milquetoasts.

Yes. Also I volunteer for a suicide mission! Those jerks in the fort can brew their own drat drinks, or just drink water for all I care.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Not only have I been drafted into the military, I'm now murked as well. Beware, mortals :zombie:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Slashrat posted:

Bronzestabbed - where old people go to die.

Not just old people :v:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Internet Kraken posted:

The remaining murk zombies are wandering around the entrance. They can't get inside right now, but I realize that in order to complete the magma pump some work must be done on the surface. At some point, we have to deal with these murk zombies. I'll try to delay that as long as possible though and look for a good moment to strike.

Ready when you are :black101:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bad Munki posted:

Not long after Boing and the migrants were safely inside, the most dangerous murk zombie remaining also attempted entry. This one, formerly John Dough, was armed with a high quality steel battleaxe, and supposedly was fairly well versed in its use. The report tells me there was no preventing it, and the soldiers had no choice but to attack it directly.

In the end, though, they finally managed to kill the zombie. It sounds like it was a gruesome fight, but it resulted in the removal of one of the most serious threats lurking outside our walls to date.

My only regret is not taking out more of you useless cavedwellers :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

Well, be fair though; he did murder a dwarf, just to make an earring out of him.

Not as good as the dwarf in Gemclod who was murdered and made into a coffin :black101:

• Locked thread