Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces

Nap Ghost

w00tmonger posted:

I mean they tried to do this a bit ago before public backlash made them cancel it

I think someone in legal really hosed up making a lifetime pricing deal for that bad boy. Tons of marketting for it as a "we will never change the price" plan....

Wasn't that before Telus bought Public Mobile? I'm aware they use Telus bandwidth, but weren't they owned by another company when they made that deal? I wish I would have stayed on it and not jumped to Koodo for the extra 6GB of data that I never use, if just for the roaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Pivo posted:

Recording all of your interactions with telecoms is a big-brain move we should all emulate ...
not an

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Dillbag posted:

Wasn't that before Telus bought Public Mobile? I'm aware they use Telus bandwidth, but weren't they owned by another company when they made that deal? I wish I would have stayed on it and not jumped to Koodo for the extra 6GB of data that I never use, if just for the roaming.

There’s no “buying” an mvno. They were all started by their parent company to extort more money out of you thinking there is “choices”

Public was it’s own company running its own network at the time. It was a ploy by the big 3 to just get the spectrum that they weren’t allows to buy.

For the last 20 years spectrum management and sale has been hosed. It’s time for some big changes at ISED.

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 4, 2021

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

so my dad dropped his phone off of the roof today. luckily, he can get a new one from zoomer already.

any thoughts on these 2 phones?
1. moto g stylus
2. Samsung Galaxy A11

seems like he can get any phone that is available for $40/mo or lower plans: https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/devices

thanks in advance.

i'm leaning towards the moto g because his existing samsung seemed kind of slow but i don't know enough about phones to make a good decision

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You're Goddamned right I support Medicare for all.

Edit: just get the G Stylus.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/05/02/moto-g-power-g-stylus-review/

On paper the G Stylus is basically the A51 at the $45 dollar plan, but without NFC.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 7, 2021

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

definitely G stylus. You dont want to be the one getting calls to troubleshoot memory card errors on a phone with an absurd 32 built in and likely 24 taken up by samsung.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

what the gently caress is Babylon by Telus Health and why is it asking me about my liver on youtube?

I thought shoppers drugs marts and rexalls opening doctors offices in back rooms was more than enough business intrusion.

Very excited for Hammurabi by Rogers Anal & Colon Preventative Care Group

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

#1 CAPITALS FAN
Available on the App Store

Oh god. I switched to Telus and they must think I’m a boomer or something.

I like the disclaimer at the bottom.

$10/month for a Telus VPN. Also got the goofy Babylon health app email. Telus is weird, but fibre go brrrrrrrrr.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Telus and Norton teaming up. What could possibly go wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Virgin would never do anything like buying out your existing provider contract to win you over would they?