Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

urf
Jul 12, 2009
My phone tab is all paid up and everything and I've already got the Public Mobile sim ordered for that sweet deal.
So I walked into a Wind store to get my phone unlocked because I couldn't do it from the website (kept saying I had a bad IMEI despite the fact it was a phone provided by Wind)
But the guy was claiming that he would need to take my phone and give me a loaner (Not an option, I need my actual phone atm) which I thought was weird since every other time I've dealt with unlocking phones it's been "give IMEI -> pay fee -> ok unlocked". I can imagine that dealing with an IMEI problem might add some extra steps there but would handing in your phone really be one of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

urf
Jul 12, 2009

Risky Bisquick posted:

email me for referral :homebrew: jm20@cogeco.ca

check your email

urf
Jul 12, 2009
Has anyone had trouble getting activated on Public Mobile because they can't process your credit card?
I know it's not a problem with the actual CCs since they've both been recently used with no issues.
Guess I need to try customer service.

urf
Jul 12, 2009

Dillbag posted:

I did and it was my billing address. It has to be 100% exactly what is on file with your credit card company.

Also, anyone signing up feel free to send a referral my way. PM me for email. Bisquik is probably paying $2 a month at this point lol.

I tried that, no dice. I sent an email for customer support. Didn't want to wait in case the issue wouldn't get resolved before the end of the deal so I got 120$ of vouchers and activated just fine. I figure three months is enough time for them to find out how to get my credit cards working on their lovely web-forms etc.

Different problem now: Wind won't authorise porting my number over, could it be because of too many failed attempts raising from kind of red flag? Gotta deal with that now I guess.

I got the plan at least.

It'd be hilarious if all the times I tried to activate gave Risky Bisquick a bunch of extra referrals

urf
Jul 12, 2009
I did the same thing since I had issues porting during activation but it's been 12 hours, my wind (freedom now I guess) sim card is dead and calling the number I'm trying to transfer gets a "this number is not in service" message.
Already fired up an email to PM but yeah, hope anyone transferring from Wind/Freedom doesn't go through this garbage.

urf fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 21, 2016

urf
Jul 12, 2009
A friend of mine is having difficulty with freedom mobile, they sold her a lemon of a phone (moto edge+ with major ghosting issues and turns the screen into a strobe light after long enough use) and according to the wireless code she's entitled to be able to return the phone within 30 days as a person with a disability.

But the store has refused to process her refund and also refuses to get in contact with freedom mobile corporate who has told her that she should be able to return the phone.

She just got told that it's going to take about a week or so to process the complaint through freedom but by then the 30-day period is going to have expired.

This is really stressing her out and she's wondering what her options are. Is pursuing the complaint through freedom worth it? Should file something with the CRTC? Credit card charge back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

urf
Jul 12, 2009
I'm paying 7$ less per month for 5 times as much data and added nationwide calling

It only took 7 years to beat that 2016 plan

Now if only the US roaming plan didn't suck