Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
God damnit, Telus.

50 minutes
2gb data
unlimited text messaging
caller ID

$83 per month before fees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Yeah, I can get by just fine on 50 minutes, but gently caress

Looks like if I go with the 150 minute voice, it comes with unlimited text messaging, as well as caller ID and voicemail. Toss in the 2gb data, and it's at a mere $70.

Promo plan has 200 minutes, unlimited text messaging, caller ID, voice mail, and 1gb data (the data flex) for $65.

Right now, I'm paying $40 for 50 minutes, unlimited text messaging, caller ID, voice mail, and 100mb data.

I'd love to go on Wind or Mobilicity (my sister is only paying $25 for unlimited everything) and they even have decent coverage in my area, but I don't want an android phone.

:smith:

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Don't forget that there's the whole 30 day notice thing, so expect to pay for another month with rogers when you port your number.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

It's rogers, so there was probably a notice in super fine font on an obscure section on the site, and since you didn't fax and mail in your complaint through registered mail, you've been renewed for another 3 year term

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

My dad is looking into a new phone contract. He's on mobilicity, and there is no reception in many places (including home and work)

Can someone explain how this whole koodo or fido tab system works? I'm not entirely sure I understand how it works.

Let's say it's a cheap "smartphone lite" or whatever they're calling it now (the cheap budget old phones).

Assuming said phone is "worth" $400 (using the galaxy s4 mini on koodo as an example), is this correct:
- $45 per month for the plan and tab for 2 years
- Of that $45 per month, part of it is the tab, which goes towards paying off the phone
- $100 for the phone (koodo's example)

Then, at the end of the 24 month sentence contract, no amount is owing, and you are free to re-sign or do whatever.
However, if you decide to leave, then your ETF is the balance left on the phone

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

ante posted:

How the gently caress do you get unlimited data

Used to be possible many years ago for regular people, and more recently for bell employees. Doesn't exist anymore.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Telus' data was down from when I woke up until about 7pm.

Richmond

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Acer Pilot posted:

Asian male reporting in. I always heard Jackie Chan helped fund Aberdeen Centre. Wonder if there's any truth in that rumour.

E: is there any plan around $25/mo for voice out there?

Voice only, there's a rogers plan; $30/mo for 200 minutes, unlimited text, caller ID, voicemail, -$3/mo for bringing your own phone = $27.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

isn't the cost of unlocking an iphone different depending on carriers

I unlocked mine for $35 on telus, and last I remembered, rogers is $50, and (of course) bell is $75