Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
How far out in the boonies are they Fuzzy? i know Eastlink also offers phone, cable and internet options in NS, and they announced a bunch of new communities they were going to be servicing this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
All devices sold in Canada are now supposed to be unlocked, even if carrier provided. The only locked devices you might run into would be anything manufactured and sold before the end of 2017. Something like a Galaxy A51 might fit what you are looking for, if you can get one for ~2-250. Year old midrange that is soon moving off the shelf, but screen dimensions comparable for the S9+ and not so entry level that it would be frustrating to work on after an S series device.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Won't someone please think of the Big 3 (definitely not colluding) Telecoms with 90% market share!

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
lol so many people rushing in to stores to grab the dollar a month iPhones and then immediately throwing them up for sale on kijiji or FB marketplaces

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Also remember checking voicemail triggers the travel feature since it is a regular voice call. You can check voicemail remotely on most systems by calling your number from another phone, hitting * when you hear your own greeting, and entering your voicemail pin when prompted.

Also declining a call can trigger it as well. So let the call ring through to vmail if it comes in.

Chair In A Basket fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 29, 2023

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Fido and Freedom as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
2 lines with 30 gb of rollover data each for $65 total lol.