Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!
Head's up: don't go into your pocket dimension during a monster zoo, it does the same thing as moving to another floor. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!
This is weird and I've never seen this happen before.

I've got a pre-expansion save playing post DLC for information's sake.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Pumpkinreaper posted:

That's either from Interior Dredmorating or Roguish Renovation.

I have no mods installed. I know YHTNTE used rooms from Interior Dredmorating, but I've never seen a shop with no Brax.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

rorty posted:

Just started a run with Egyptian Magic, cast Glyph of the Asp. What is the blue number counting down next to the spell icon at the top left?

It's a turn counter. Those kinds of spells use 1 mana every x turns. They'll be removed if you have 0 mana when the turn is up or if you press the X in the top right of the icon.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Beef posted:

Any ideas what would fit best in the wildcard? Egyptian magic worked well, but cost a bit too much for going past 2 glyphs.

I've heard Piracy is a good compliment to daggers. Paranormal Investigator would let you open doors from farther back to see what's inside/plan how to deal with the room. There's always the ranged attack types for sneakiness, and perception could help you see farther and thus more potential threats. Rogue Scientist would get you alchemy so you could make invisibility potions. By the same token, Fungal Arts could get you Inky Hoglanterns for less invisibilty time, but also get other mushrooms with cool effects.

Plus you could always go with a crafting job like Smithing. They're always useful, and even moreso now with Encrusting.

VietTam fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 4, 2012

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!
First of all, Corpakporliookii for you on level 6, I think; It's the floor with deep fungus diggles and plaguetatos, has a nice Rust Rates book.

Secondly, I can't check what level I found it on because I used Skepticism on a monster in the wizardland and my game crashed. I loaded it back up in an autosave on the wizardlands just fine and everything seemed cool. I had all my skills, levels and items. Then when I beat the wizardland something seemed funny. My pocket dimension had reverted to an earlier state. I had a lot less of the crap I was keeping in there, including losing a lot of wands. I figured I could deal with it, but then once I left I found out I was back on floor 5 with the map gone.

Edit: The game keeps freezing when I try to go down stairs or do other things.

VietTam fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 4, 2012

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Broken Cog posted:

I've been stashing a ton of my stuff in my pocket dimension. Dunno if it's a bad idea, but it's stayed there for me every time I go back so far.

If you don't have the wizardland expansion that's literally all it's for. So it is in fact the purpose of the pocket dimension.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

FrickenMoron posted:

How does one dagger two attacks work? Just a bit of extra damage or a full extra attack?

It does one crushing damage per your melee power and 1 + (0.15 x sneakiness) of piercing

So if you have 5 melee power and 54 sneakiness you'd do 14 extra damage.

VietTam fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 6, 2012

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

poptart_fairy posted:

So in an hour's worth of play:

Some people just aren't cut out for the life of an adventurer. :saddowns:

I have 100 hours logged in this game is Steam is to be believed and I haven't beaten it. Part of that may be because I get confused about where I am and what I'm doing when I load old saves and opt to roll a new character instead, though.

Still find the game fun as hell, and especially enjoy it more now that it's more plausible to go full rogue.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Lizard Wizard posted:

The viking wizardry is a bit...problematic, as it's a huge drain on my mana. Any ideas for build adjustment?

Get a Portastill and throw your diggle eggs at it to make diggle nog to both restore your mana and possibly turn you into diggle form without using your Diggle Form skill (or while it's cooling down)

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Met posted:

I don't understand how I died there.

I was running from a Named Rutabaga and the game decided to skip quite a few of my turns and let the Rutabaga catch up three steps and get a couple attacks in.

Rutabagas have a charge attack that looks like they're moving several turns at once. It is currently bugged to possibly infect you with 8x or so a bad status that can lower your max health as well as do damage and murder you really hard.

The next patch will fix this. Not sure when it's dropping.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Tewratomeh posted:

Not really sure what this means. Is Dredmor on floor 10 but you can go deeper, or is he only on floor 10 if you uncheck the Realm of the Diggle Gods expansion?

And if he's on floor 10 of the 15-floor option, can you just ignore the dude? Because I think that'd be for the best.

He's only ever on the bottom floor, you just get to choose how many floors are in the dungeon when you start a game.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

BobTheJanitor posted:

They are immune to a lot of things, I've noticed. Sometimes fighting one on floor 1 can be almost impossible. I've even had them be immune to melee attacks of the standard slashing/bashing/piercing type. No idea what's up with that.

They have 10 piercing resist and 4 Armor absorption, so if you can't do more than 4 standard damage (of which piercing is not) then you will not hurt them.

Additionally they have 10 Asphyxiative (Narcosomantic Induction, Gag Order), Putrefying and Toxic resist.

But they're weak to Voltaic, so Viking Wizardry works well against them.

There's a reason why they're always behind doors on floor 1.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Half of Dracula posted:

I think I've got a bugged item - an artifact that seems to have The Window of Elements as a base. It's got the 3 Crushing, Voltaic, Hyperborean, Conflagratory resist (as well as 3 acid damage, 2 caddishness and 1 hp) but I don't see my resists go up when I equip/de-equip it.

I haven't been able to test if it's just a display bug or not, but is this a known issue?

This happens a lot with resists, a lot of time they don't update (usually when being removed) until you close the character pane and reopen it, or equip something entirely different in that slot.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

HyperHopper posted:

What do you mean 2 levels of rouge skills?

Taking a rouge skill on your level up gives you 1 Burliness, 1 Sagacity and 2 Nimbleness. Obviously warrior gives 2 Burliness and Wizard 2 Sagacity.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!
Amazing things are happening in here.

Speaking of which I finally put more than one point into Archaeology and it's more useful than I'd originally thought. I didn't think Remember Your Charlemagne would be able to knock items off islands.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Scyantific posted:

Does Fulminaric Bolt count as a single-target skill or is it AoE? Because I just came across an artifact Orb (probably from a mod) that has 50 reflect, AND managed to get A Mirror Darkly Shield which is another 50. If Dredmor's magic is all single target I figured I could just throw on both and let him come at me with all magic attacks, each one getting reflected from the 100 reflect.

Is that how it works? :ohdear:

Magic reflect works on missile-type spells, has nothing to do with it being aoe or not. Obvious Fireball is a missile.

If you see something flying across the screen it can be reflected.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Jordan7hm posted:

How do the weapon skills work in terms of usage with the actual weapons?

As far as I can tell I can use the polearm skill "Talhoffer's Lunge Strike" without actually having a polearm, but for stuff like the dagger skill "Two Attacks One Dagger!" as far as I understood it I need to have a dagger equipped. Is that the case? Do I get double the benefit with two daggers? If I use a non-dagger weapon in the offhand, does damage from that weapon still matter when I use the skill?

Also, I get the stats for the skill only if I have the weapon equipped, and if I have two equipped, I get the stat x 2, right?

What about stances - can I have both a polearm stance and a dagger stance up at the same time?

Essentially I'm trying to figure out if my polearm / dagger dual wield counter build is viable or not.

The skill set I'm using for this go:

Polearms / Daggers / Dual Wield / Assassination / Burglary / Tinkering / Communism

If the skills all work (and stances stack) with me using polearm in one hand and dagger in the other, great. If not, ugh.

Two Attacks One Dagger has nothing to do with your weapons, it scales on sneakiness. You can only have once stance at a time.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Is there any limit to how many times you can encrust a single item, other than your available materials?

There's no actual limit, but the more you encrust something the more unstable it gets. The special symbol for the crusts is instability. When you encrust an item it adds that much instability to it and rolls has that % chance to gain a negative effect that procs sometimes when it's used. So about every 20 attacks your sword explodes and does damage to you, that kind of thing.

Instability is cumulative and if you use the same crust it's exponential. So if you use a crust with 5 instability twice the item will have 25. If you use another with 5 it'll then be 30.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

If there is, I haven't found it. Normally I just end up dropping a bunch of my lockpicks into my storage room pocket plane thing and grabbing one when I run into a locked chest. It's inconvenient as hell, but better than wasting them for no reason I guess.

A lot of people tend to just drop them on the floor while at a locked door and pick them right back up. That's either more or less inconvenient than your example depending on how you view it.

Either way, I prefer picking locked doors so I can close them again, but to each his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Wanna second that the pocket dimension all by itself is worth the buy. That sucker is crazy useful (and the wizardlands + new skills are a lot of fun to boot).

The pocket dimension was part of the patch that came out at the same time as the DLC. It's in the base game, if it's up to date, and not exclusive to Conquest of the Wizardlands.

• Locked thread