Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance

Captain Invictus posted:

A BOLT ERUPTOR! :q:

... the Moustache Fighting League generally have poo poo for taste.

(Also, yay, new thread! Not my idea, but whatevs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvining
May 30, 2011

Also, we dropped some Mad Hintz on the new game. Somebody put up a fairly comprehensive set of information rounding up all the Hintz we have distributed so far.

The last public beta we ran over here for Dredmor went very, *very*, well, so we will probably end up running a combined public beta for Odin here and on our own forums. But that's a ways away.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Koldenblue posted:

I just picked up the expansion on the steam sale, and I am amazed at how much the game has improved since I played it last year. The crafting management makes everything so much easier.

I was wondering, does putting lutefisk into the lutefisk shrine one by one still give you the highest chance of getting items? Or has that been fixed?

Thanks! We appreciate it - and it's nice to know we're actually improving things instead of just dumping more bullshit in. :-)

Yes, the Lutefisk exploit has been closed off for about nine months or something now.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Daynab posted:

It's... uhm... what?

I'll link this to the devs.

... wow.

You know what? I have no clue whatsoever, and I wrote the thing. Until I get a better idea, I'm going to go stand in the corner now or something, and maybe eat paste.

Just... huh. Puzzlement.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Shadowmorn posted:

Diggle Hell. :devil:

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2012/07/29/we-are-really-busy/

I dont know if i should be worried it might be delayed or if they are just letting us know they are working on it or... :ohdear:

We'll hit August 1st. That said, it's definitely a sprint to the finish line over here.

nvining
May 30, 2011

rorty posted:

Could somebody with the Mac version please tell me if Dredmor is a universal binary? I'd buy it again on Desura if it was PPC compatible but don't want to risk it.

Not PPC compatible, no. We didn't actually think there were any of you guys left. :D

nvining
May 30, 2011

ShadeofDante posted:

I have to say You Have To Name the Expansion really made enemy variety way better. I've been having a blast putting way too many hours into this run.

Is Digglelands going to add a lot to the main game or will most of the new content be in the new areas?

Most of the Wizardlands content is in the main game. You get six new monster types threaded throughout the game, some new items, six new skill lines (there were originally going to be eight, but we put two back in the core game as freebies), the new Encrusting system, and the pocket dimension (now still also in the core game as a freebie.) Oh, and minibosses.

nvining
May 30, 2011

There seem to have been some backwards compatibility problems with save games and mods with this patch. I'm looking into this now to see if we can do anything, but the huge save-game rewrite that we did makes the conversion process really quite iffy.

TL;DR: It's a good time to buy the expansion (once it goes up) and start a new game. :D

nvining
May 30, 2011

Somebody, not to mention any names, renamed the Roguely Dagger of Akumos last night to the Dagger of Akumos and didn't tell me.

KHAN!

Putting a fixed EXE for this problem up on our forums, and Steam'll have it tomorrow morning.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Qrusher14242 posted:

will that fix savegames not loading (with mods)? or is that just for savegames not loading without mods

Without mods.

But you know what? Try it with mods, it can't hurt.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Okay, we can't reproduce the daggers crash but we also spotted that none of the achievements were hooked up. So, uh, that's probably it.

Not sure where the expansion pack has gotten to either. Probably on Valve time.

Uh, so how's the weather?

nvining
May 30, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Lunch is very important, I'll have you know.

This is your fault, admit it! drat wizards.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

Just a quick note as now it is is time to play the DLC, but if you click view DLC on DoD in steam the DLC is called 'Dungeons of Dredmor:second paid DLC expansion'.

It usually takes them a while to get these things sorted.

nvining
May 30, 2011

jivjov posted:

Something that i vaguely remember being discussed but can't track down: Does Conquest of the Wizardlands add any more music to the game?

Two tracks.

nvining
May 30, 2011

jivjov posted:

Awesome! Will those tracks be made available on the bandcamp soundtrack page?

Yes, apparently so. He's also making noises about remastering the tracks before he refreshes everything, but Matthew is on it.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Nettle Soup posted:

I selected "tourist", died horribly, went back and clicked last. If I mouse over the icon for it now the highlight box is misplaced and when I move the mouse it disappears as if I'd clicked on it. Should I be reporting this anywhere? :v:

We need a :digglewoop: emoticon.

I found that late last night, but it was 3 AM and I needed to get it taken care of. There'll be a small patch later in the week, I think.

Gromit: there is a Save Fixer that may save my bed from swollen Diggle-corpse-buggering in case of emergencies. You may find it on our forum. Failing that mail me the save game at contact@gaslampgames.com and I'll perform some kind of autopsy.

(Also, you know you want to start a new character. You know you do. New skills...)

nvining
May 30, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

One thing about Daggers:

There appears to be very few starting recipes for daggers in any of the crafting trees (there are like 4 daggers in smith) whereas polearms have quite a few. Are daggers meant to be found/bought rather than crafted?

Edit:
Also what is the funny blue spiky icon in the encrusting menu meant to represent? It is -5 of it for blister pack encrustation if I remember right.

There are actually fewer daggers and polearms than other weapons in the game right now; I think this is just reflective of the fact that we're playing catch-up. I'm sure a few more will sneak in, and possibly crafting recipes with them.

That said, I don't mind that particular mechanic: those two weapons leaning towards being purchases or something. Humm.

The funny blue spiky icon is "instability." The more instability a crusted weapon has, the worse your life will get.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Deki posted:

So as it turns out, my friend and I are both having a bug where after reloading the game, we can't go upstairs nor can we go back into the wizardlands (it crashes us), but we could go downstairs, and then up again to the original floor, but not any higher than that.

I opened up the crash log in VS and it said that it was trying to access incorrect virtual memory so I'm guessing that the new save file isn't saving previous maps correctly?

It's something wacky going on with the load/save code rewrite, but I thought I had gotten rid of the last of this. Ugh. Send that save directory to contact@gaslampgames.com and we'll see if we can get it fixed tomorrow.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Copycat Zero posted:

So, dumb question, but how does one access the Wizardlands? Is it just because I'm running a pre-expansion save that I don't see an option anywhere?

Yes. You won't get any expansion content if you're using a pre-expansion save; it just risks too many things going pear-shaped.

Start a new game, already! :D

nvining
May 30, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

The tourist tree should be a national treasure.

Oh, whatever, we basically stole it from Nethack. (Yes, even the camera.)

For the guy who asked if we're basically eating our own legs at this point: no, we're fine. Gaslamp's basically doubled in size - we have a total of 14 partners, employees, and contractors working for us right now in various capacities, including a full time 3D Art Squad. We've very nearly outgrown our office again, which is annoying and I have no idea what we'll do about that. Project Odin is getting announced very, VERY soon - at which point we can stop running under the radar like some sort of spy sub and start talking about the next game, which is... well, it's something very near and dear to the hearts of people on this forum. We got the video game rights to Breakfast Duck. It's going to be full of p-p-p-PEP!

So that's exciting.

I'm glad people are enjoying the expansion pack, though. Most of the programming work is not due to me; instead, it was done by the talented Chris Whitman, formerly of Tiny Speck (but who also makes Art Games), and Ryan C. Gordon, better known as icculus, the guy who ports everything to Linux and OS X for people. (I think we're the only place he does original development, which is totally odd.) I just pitched in for the last week or so getting stuff cleaned up and running in the usual panic to get things done. It's really weird seeing a Dredmor release out that I'm not intimately involved with, but I've been busy on Odin.

We'll try to have the last few glitches and unpleasantnesses sorted out by next week or so, and I think there will be One Last Grand Patch after this to try and deal with a few things we want to do like Total Conversion Support and translation support (and fixing some of the nonsense that's been broken for ages, like the lucky pick stuff being just awful) But who knows? I wasn't expecting us to end up in the Steam Top 10 today, so there's clearly a lot of reasons for us to keep Dredmor as happy and healthy as we can. It's nice not having to gnaw off your own legs; that way, we can save them for the lean winter ahead...

nvining
May 30, 2011

Luisfe posted:

The expansion is goddamn awesome. Gaslamp continues to be an amazing dev team!

I just mastered the Polearms tree, but did not get the achievement :(

We totally broke *every* new skill tree achievement. Head, desk. We've fixed it on our side, and it'll be out when we do the minor cleanup round.

EDIT: But hey, Playing for Both Teams finally works...

nvining
May 30, 2011

Bats posted:

The new expansion is awesome, except now I've gotten myself into one of the special dungeons from the portal thingie and after clearing it and bashing the chest up real good I'm trapped and can't seem to get back out.

Awesome Expansion tho, and I love the workshop integration. Love you guys at Gaslamp Games, I can't get enough DoD.

Send the save game? (Unless the problem is that you can't find the exit tile.)

nvining
May 30, 2011

Benny the Snake posted:

Okay I think I snagged into a bug. I can't go downstairs to the next floor and when I try to use my pocket dimension the game crashes. Motherfucker.

Can you send your save game over that's doing this? contact@gaslampgames.com

You'll find the save game directory (all of it!) in C:\users\blah\documents\gaslamp games\dungeons of dredmor.

nvining
May 30, 2011

ShadeofDante posted:

It's a minor thing, but will the launch window with config options be updated to match the latest expansion? :3:

Loving the expansion. Every bit of it.

How much time/effort went into this one? I will easily buy every bit of content you guys throw out for this game. It's that good.

Yes, we will be updating the launch window. It just didn't get done this time around.

We started planning this in ... hmm, March or April? Chris Whitman was brought on in about April, and he started programming things. We basically started planning CotW at the same time as we invited the modders in to do YHTNTEP.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Fledgling Gulps posted:

really... I played a bit offline and the achievement menu just said to reconnect to steam, so I assumed they didn't.

Yes, apparently due to a misunderstanding between me and Chris this just doesn't work. We're fixing it and they'll be offline in the next patch.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Poop Cupcake posted:

A friend of mine wanted to get this expansion, but his copy of Dredmor came from the Humble Bundle. Where would be the best place for him to get the DLC, including YHTNTE? I did some diggling and it looks like the only place so far to get the free expansion is on Steam (or maybe I am dumb/blind?).

They'll be available on the Humble Store stuff that we're setting up in a couple of days. Hang tight; it's on my never-ending TODO list.

(Unless he's on a Mac, in which case things kind of go to hell while we write installers and things. That's looking more like a couple of weeks.)

HIB purchase folks, you should be getting a new copy of the patch in the next day or so as well. We uploaded them yesterday but I don't know what the turn-around time is like over there.

EDIT: ALSO! If anybody has a Save Game where the Pocket Dimension is eating you alive, send it to contact@gaslampgames.com ASAP please. (You'll find it in C:\users\blah\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\) on Windows 7, and elsewhere on other systems. I want this bug to die and I want to make sure it's dead.

nvining fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 2, 2012

nvining
May 30, 2011

Glazius posted:

So my edition of Dredmor is just flat-out refusing to launch anymore. I run the exectuable, it ticks away in my task list for 5 seconds, it dies out. Open up the event viewer, and it looks like it just silently crashed on me.

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't seem to help. I've got error logs kicking around; who should I send them to?

vvv Files are all valid. Crash still happens.

That would be me. Fire them off to contact@gaslampgames.com and we'll see what we can do for you.

Two questions: does it not even hit the launcher? And are you running an International Version of Windows, or having non-ascii characters in your user name? That's been causing all kinds of trouble this patch and I'm hoping to have this sorted out this afternoon.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Siminu posted:

I've crashed a few times using my pocket dimension keys, but I'm experiencing a really weird bug now.

I'm on floor 6, and I'm level 17. When I enter my pocket dimension, my character reverts to an OLD state where I am level 5, and all my equipped loot is the loot I had at that level. It doesn't revert back when I leave the pocket.

So now I'm a level 5 adventurer on the 6th floor with a wooden sword.

I don't... even... know.

Send me your saves? contact@gaslampgames.com

nvining
May 30, 2011

Siminu posted:

I've crashed a few times using my pocket dimension keys, but I'm experiencing a really weird bug now.

I'm on floor 6, and I'm level 17. When I enter my pocket dimension, my character reverts to an OLD state where I am level 5, and all my equipped loot is the loot I had at that level. It doesn't revert back when I leave the pocket.

So now I'm a level 5 adventurer on the 6th floor with a wooden sword.

We've just sent you a personalized bugfix. Check your e-mail.

nvining
May 30, 2011

jivjov posted:

You did mention this. That identical Wizardlands codes don't always lead to identical items. I think this is the statement that Wolpertinger is referencing.

Well, they're bloody well supposed to. :D

We're trying to track down some of the ones that have been doing different things for different people; the current theory is that it's related to which expansion packs you have installed. We'll get it sorted, but the intent is that they are consistent from machine to machine, OS to OS, and user to user.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Qrusher14242 posted:

When was the option to quit without saving removed? i only used it a few times, only when i wanted to try another character. I do like you can Save & Continue now. Must of just updated lol i quit the game and then started it and there it was.

It's still there. You just started a character w/o Permadeath enabled.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Thadius posted:

In summary:

This is a bitch of an achievement to get, especially if the game breaks afterwards. And considering I don't recall an XP amount after killing him, nor did he drop ANYTHING...

*applause*

I was expecting that to take at least a couple of weeks, damnit.

Back to the drawing board.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Damnit! Bloody edge cases.

Lech, e-mail your e-mail to contact@gaslampgames.com and we'll deal with it pronto.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Vasler posted:

Has anyone else experienced their save just disappearing since getting Wizardlands? I had a non-permadeath character I was playing last week that is suddenly not there when I go to load Dredmor today.

I'm kinda bummed as that was the best character I've had so far :( although I did quit playing last weekend because I kept getting that input bug from casting too many tactical pyres and fireballs, and I had pretty consistent crashing issues as well.

Are you running on an international machine without the most recent hotfix? That's the main culprit that we know of.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Vasler posted:

I'm not running on an international machine, but I did install the hotfix posted a week ago to fix the pocket dimension item reversion issue. It seemed to work fine for a while, and all my saves were accessible on multiple machines last week. But this week, it's almost as if the cloud has reverted to an earlier state. I suppose there's no way to recover my save, but is there a way to prevent this from happening again?

Your team has made an amazing game and I really want to play but I'm afraid of losing my progress again. :(

Ahh. Because we have Desura users, Steam connectivity support is disabled in the hotfixes. (Also, because of how Steam's packaging and injection process works.)

The actual patch will be fine. It shouldn't have started deleting people's saves, though, but I blame that on Steam more than Dredmor.

nvining
May 30, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

I've installed the 10b hotfix but my savegame still locks up whenever I attack someone. Where should I upload/send them to?

contact@gaslampgames.com please.

nvining
May 30, 2011

winvirus posted:

:allears: I'm so happy right now.

Oh, good, somebody *finally* found that. Seriously, it's been in the game since launch and I don't think I've heard anybody mention that.

With that, the last Dredmor Easter Egg is discovered, and we can all go home now. (Also, that was a bugger to write. He'll keep giving you more verses if you keep clicking him.)

nvining
May 30, 2011

Tewratomeh posted:

The Hotfix just gives me a "commiepurge_32.png not found" error and refuses to load the game.

Do you have all the expansions? If not, please delete the expansionX folders from the hotfix before applying, where X is the number of the expansion that you do not have.

nvining
May 30, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

So the zoo clearing days of egyptian magic are already over eh? :(

Yes. Please stand in the back with the Oldbies who will tell you that it was nothing, and you should have been there during the days of the vastly OP Promethean Magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvining
May 30, 2011

New hotfix:

http://patches.gaslampgames.com/dredmor/dredmor_hotfix_test11b.zip

Basically, this fixes the thing where the pocket dimension occasionally goes and blacks itself out, the bug where Rutabagas will occasionally take down your game in an infinite loop, and a handful of other stuff.

Cryptographically inclined people may find a hint about what our next title is about in this one as well.

• Locked thread