Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Met posted:

It's just so amazing.

I hope we get a Muscle Diggle variant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hey, I don't suppose diggles are set to get a wand-using animation, are they? Whenever I'm weredigglin', it's always weird to see those eyebrows suddenly pop into existence and vanish again whenever I fire off a wand.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

LIO from the top down, I think. Combinations are here.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I just chewed through about 350 monsters in a lvl14 zoo with an axe/dualwield/armour/berserk/steamknight/geologist/archaeologist character. He had not much in the way of trapvision, and floor 14 has blinking ravens, gnomes, elementals and floor blink curse traps.

I couldn't find the last two monsters after half an hour of searching :shepicide:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

KataraniSword posted:

what bothers me is that I like the other tracks in Dredmor's soundtrack, too. :geno:

No you don't. No you loving don't. If I could constantly alternate between listening to the Monster Zoo music, Dervish and Diggle Hell I would be deliriously happy.

I don't mean in the game I mean in real life.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

In case it's relevant, there was a geologist diggle in the room too.

It may well have been relevant. Diggle Geologists can petrify you, which will paralyse you. It should also give you a hefty buff to armour but maybe the Big Red was able to punch through that. They are, after all, big and red.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Go heavy into Warlockery and Egyptian Magic, take Blood Magic (for MP), Archaeology (for museum XP) and whatever. This is very much a "walk up and hit stuff" build, but your major outlay with these two magic schools is refresh-over-time buffs - if you're on a small floor, that's great! Less time spent walking around pointlessly!

You benefit from having lots of egyptian glyphs up at once, both because they own and because you get additional bonuses for certain combos, so I'd pump that first.

Or play Promethean/Necromancy/Blood Magic, go all Promethean first, then all Necromancy, and wipe out zoos in seconds.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Clearly he was talking about a huge rooster :eng101:

Right? :haw:

No, because that wouldn't be funny or make any sense. This is :nws:the comic referred to:nws:, and frankly if Krong can't stud your weapons with huge cocks in future patches I will boycott Cockwork Empires. Uh, Clockwork Empires.

Anyway, what are some good mana-hungry builds that don't rely on billions of buffs (such as anything with Egyptian Magic)? I really like spamming Obvious Fireball on everything that moves and devoting my character's stats to as much mana regen as possible, and I would like to do so with a non-firey spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nvining posted:

(I don't know if I'm mean enough to use the Daggles from our forums. That's some disturbing stuff.)

You absolutely should. I mean, not on me, I kinda like my Gemclod dwarf-thing. But you should. Daggle everyone. Make the rubbery protuberance a thing of nightmares.

• Locked thread