Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Captain Hygiene posted:

That reminds me a bit of the shenanigans you can get up to in the classic Link's Awakening map glitch (except it's sideways rather than vertical levels), that's sorta my favorite game glitch of all since it's one I found myself in the pre-internet era (back when I had few enough games to just mess around in each one for a year+ at a time).

I think the original japanese zelda game had a similar glitch that lets you beat the game in less than 1:30 by turning the cave you enter to get your sword into the door you enter after beating ganondorf to get the triforce and end the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I want to see the prototype of Sonic 06. That vinesauce guy wouldn't even have to gently caress with the code to break it in half

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Cleretic posted:

It turns out Sonic 06's prototype actually works better than the released game.

You think I'm making a joke but it's true. The earliest playable version of the game shown at conferences was done by a specific team whose whole job was making that slice of the game look and play well, but none of their work was folded into the game itself. I don't think we have that build, but we do have footage of it.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Do you remember what zone they were showing off? I watched the Retsupurae LP of that game and it was so dire. It makes for some great speed runs though

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

GyverMac posted:

Holy crap, thats beyond broken. How can they gently caress a game up THAT much?

I really want to know what was going on behind the scenes to make that guy's rockets have random starting spots but still hit the right target. What string of weird events lined up to make that a reproducible behavior? Does hitting the trigger signal the game to spawn a random projectile somewhere headed towards what he was pointing at?