Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Guy glitches the ending of Heavy Rain so that the main character yells nothing but SHAUUUN throughout the entire end cutscene.

"SHAAUUUUN!"
"I'm afraid that's not possible."

Good god, I was loving tearing up during that. I like that the game actually continues to play normally even during the glitch, "Shaun" is still subtitled and you can still hear Ethan yelling faintly in the distance when it's following Madison.

...then bringing it all together when Ethan's screaming SHAAAAAAUN right into the killer's face.

I still hate Heavy Rain, but I think that video justifies its existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

miscellaneous14 posted:

It's a well-written game...except on the programming side. :downsrim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=terpv-Rb4q4

"You'll be our look-out!"
*cuts to guy with only one eye, popped out of its socket*

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

miscellaneous14 posted:

The only problem with using corruption programs is that it takes a ton of trial-and-error to find a combination of code alterations that doesn't result in either a) the game not even starting up or b) it crashing almost instantly. I tried messing around with the program that Vinesauce guy uses, and even with NES games it takes a while to get any funny results.

That's probably why his videos are about 5 minutes long apiece. Those are the highlights, and the rest of the stream is probably Vinny just getting crash after crash or the emulator failing to start.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Holy poo poo, I'm dying...

"...if you continue to act... like you normally do."

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

What's wrong with this? It's his pre-swing ritual. You know, for luck!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

That guard just found himself in the middle of a fairy tale musical number.

Some daaaay my Dovahkin will come...

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I think there was similar behavior in pre-release New Vegas where if you gave ED-E anything flagged as "food" then hungry NPCs would go hostile towards him and try to attack him for the food inside. But ED-E was usually quicker on the draw so before you even knew a bystander was about to attack ED-E would just start vaporizing them with his lasers out of nowhere.

I don't remember if that actually made it to release, but I think it's been fixed in any case.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I think with this .gif I'm going to have to declare Alien: Isolation to be the scariest game ever. There are glitches, and then there's blood pouring out of a guy's face out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

I think the Ref is supposed to be taking the belt from Cena and handing it to the guy on the ground.

It's okay to be skeptical, but it's clear that that other guy is some kind of warlock. John Cena even looks like he's mouthing the word "Magic?!".