Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
A nice quick one. Way back in my Oblivion days, I decided to rank up my Alchemy skill, which of course meant I had to make a shitload of garbage potions. For fun, I threw them all out, individually, into a large basket. The basket and all the potions (some 100 of them) were all physics objects.

Right around the 80 mark, the basket was nearly full, and rumbled as if possessed constantly. The glass clinked quietly and ominously as the physics engine warned against going further. Just as I was finishing a grind session, I put my last potion for the day on the top of the basket. It hovered over the top, slid to the side and fell off. I was determined, however, to put all my junk potions into that basket.

Upon moving it there again, the basket shot over to the wall and climbed up to the ceiling, then exploded all the potions all over the gently caress, causing them to ricochet off everything in the house, going through closed doors, blasting books off shelves, the works. Since I was a :spergin: back in those days and felt the need to clean it up, I was still finding Potions of Fatigue weeks later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wow cool what is it.

Looks like Diablo 3 pathfinding. The guy is boxed in by the barbarian behind him, and the pathfinder is making GBS threads itself.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Walking Dead was fantastic, but you really have very little effect on the story overall. It's amazingly written anyway, especially played as a mime (lots of events you think you can fail actually go through, sometimes hilariously- do the S1 part 2 dinner while mute). By part 5 people start getting really frustrated with you :haw:

Wolf feels like you have more sway in how it plays out, but playing as a mute sucks since Bigby has dialog he's gonna say no matter what. That's something I'll miss, anyway.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

TheRagamuffin posted:

More likely from being upside-down. If your vehicle flips over, it takes damage over time until you right it or it explodes.

Nuh uh!

A vehicle can survive upside down forever as long as the roof isn't touching the ground :eng101:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

mandatory lesbian posted:

Freecam is a bit much, if we're gonna treat cutscenes like movies then we have to treat them like movies and the editor/director/cam op determine the blocking and stuff

I have always wondered what movies (in particular full-CGI movies like Pixar) look like where the camera isn't. I know in my brain that it's half-defined polygons and sharp voids, but my heart wants to know specifically what is off camera! 3D model smearing to get characters in the right place is of particular interest

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

give 'em the ol' twisty baristy

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I have a discord friend who is just incredibly bad at everything (as in, "I don't have to pay taxes if I live in my van and cross state lines every day", "I nearly got lost and starved to death in a forest because I forgot a can opener/knife/map/compass/phone", "I put $5000 in crypto and it immediately tanked I panicked and pulled 3000 out, more than twice")

When our game group discussed maybe getting into Star Citizen, he cashed 300 bucks out of his crypto account and got a $300 ship sight unseen, proceeding to immediately crash it. Since I don't play I can only relate in-game stories secondhand, but as I understand it he immediately was thrown into debt for ship repairs.

On the other hand, his crypto tanked to zero so the SC ship turned out to be the smartly invested money!!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I remember with Warcraft 1, before the game started it would let you choose what units you and your opponent started with.

Independently. Also you would make your choice and then it would go to your opponent who could then make a choice and then it would come back to you, until both players check the "yes I am okay with this" box.

These were also the days that if you were playing a game with someone remotely it was by modem, which meant you couldn't call them on the phone because your phone was tied up also there was no chat box and we were all very young with no concept of etiquette so it was mostly just ping pong "no,*I* start with 20 catapults!!"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
sent that guy halfway to the backrooms

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
One of my friends is having a very "humerus" bug in their Balder's Gate 3

a true hellbow warrior

Evilreaver