Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

There's a bug in Oblivion that I believe is related. If there's a corpse in an open doorway and you close the door, the body goes nuts. It also works with furniture. Some problem with object collision if I remember right.

It's a Havok thing. It's made especially creepy in the Dead Space games by the way the Necromorph's bodies come apart, and the sound effects. You'll have a severed limb stuck in a door, thrashing around, making this horrible wet meat sound.

Dead Space, man. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

kinmik posted:

I've also personally encountered the multiplying rooftop guard in the second game, as seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K20V7xZ8Go8

I first saw this video while playing through AC2 and mentioned it to my friend who bought me the game and she said she'd never seen that bug, and neither had any of my other friends who'd played it.

I was the first. :stare:

Oddly, I killed the one guard who was supposed to be there and ran away, and when I went back, they were all gone and never reappeared.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The door being open, or any game mechanic not behaving as it should, like NPCs showing up after you killed them, or multiple copies of an NPC showing up, or Lydia, are generally scripting errors, not graphical glitches.

Graphical bugs take the form of textures rendering incorrectly, things that crash you to desktop if you look at them, lighting behaving strangely, and so on. Basically anything that is purely visual, like a texture, reflection, lighting, or model not displaying correctly is a graphical error.

Bodies flopping around, giants launching you into low orbit, and cheeses shooting across the room when you bump them ever so gently are just hilarious idiosyncrasies of the physics engine that are, for the most part, deliberately left in because they're either hilarious and completely harmless, or changing them would change the way the rest of the physics engine behaves. The Havok engine handles physics (dead bodies) for a lot of games, and you might have noticed that in games like Dead Space, Dishonored, Skyrim, the Assassin's Creed series, sometimes bodies will spaz out and thrash all over the place if they get stuck in an unusual position.

That's Havok. It'll do that. It otherwise works really well and I doubt the developers are going to completely overhaul it to fix a few floppy bodies and rocket-propelled cheese wheels.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

I don't get why the weed mod is fully voice-acted...

Because potheads with too much time on their hands.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tracula posted:

You got a link for any fixes you'd suggest? I grabbed it a while back but never really got into it and I'd like to not slog through another well written lovely Obsidian game.

I have no idea what any of the glitches are. The only fix I'd suggest is "play it with a controller" because the KB+M controls are abominable and make it completely unplayable.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The first time I played Crysis, I was exploring and found a refrigerator in a house. I opened it up to have a look inside, and when I closed it, it crushed me to death.

I died to a refrigerator door.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If you don't think "toe to tip, that is a bart" is peak monster factory I don't know what to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The question remains, why does the game need to render your junk under your clothes?