Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Any glitch that has to do with character ragdolls or physics or crazy AI are the best things. That baseball video someone posted was hilarious. As was Big Show literally worming his way back into the fight.

One of my favorite glitches of recent years is probably one of the most well known ones, but worth mentioning; the GTA IV swingset glitch. It's such a shame Red Dead Redemption didn't have this. I wanted to catapult my horse over the Rio Grande. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dusseldorf posted:

Why is there a german shepard on the pitch?
It's the rrrrreff!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I've never played Skate 3 and I'm not really into the genre, but it's one of my favorite games because it produces some of the best ragdoll glitches in gaming history. Goddamn that made me laugh.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

HelixSnake continues to prove that Skate has nothing to do with skating but instead it's some kind of a ragdoll torture simulator.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

gooby on rails posted:

I'm not sure if I'm playing AC3 wrong or just not for long enough; it hasn't been very glitchy for me at all. The parkour is slightly less smooth than the previous titles, and once the camera got stuck looking at the ground after petting a cat (and corrected itself a few seconds later), but from reading these threads I should be expecting The Elder Scrolls: New England.
I'm with you on this one, I'm not sure how people are running into these insane glitches when I've clocked well over 30 hours and have barely ran into any aside from a few hiccups which were easily fixed either by doing something simple or by the game itself moments later.

Speaking of Skyrim, I'm surprised there are so few Skyrim glitch videos here considering the game is pretty much the most glitchy and broken thing I've ever encountered.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lo and behold, turns out the new Star Trek game is actually nothing but a bunch of glitchy licensed crap!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

haveblue posted:

It's not just games that can have hilarious AI screwups. In one of the first tests of Massive, the battle simulator Weta developed for the LOTR movies, as soon as the two armies got a good look at each other they both spun around and ran for the hills and the battle didnt happen at all.
In reality what happened is that the AI troops relied entirely on vision, and when they didn't see any enemies to fight they legged it. It did look like huge sections of both armies were running for the hills in panic, though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I had an interesting glitch while playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood when I first got it. Of course the very first thing you do once you're free to explore is climb the tallest building closest to you which I went to do, but instead of climbing normally with the normal animations, Ezio literally ragdolled up the building. It looked ridiculous with his arms and legs flailing around in a rubbery fashion while he steadily went up the side of the tower, slumping over the edge and lying there for a tiny moment before getting up into his normal animations. I haven't been able to recreate it and it only happened that one time.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

And there's no way anyone could be mad at the game even when you're about to finally complete a bitch of a mission with just a sliver of health left only to be squashed by a biplane randomly appearing from above.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not particularly a funny glitch, but Gran Turismo 2's European version had a glitch where you could get 101% completion. To get 100%, one requirement was to collect every car in the game, Vauxhall being one of the manufacturers. Now, the UK, Vauxhall is basically the same car as Opel, a German car. What I discovered was that if you changed the game's language from English to German, all Vauxhalls in the game would be replaced by Opels without you losing the Vauxhalls you owned. This allowed you to buy or win every Vauxhall car in the game, switch the language, and buy and win all the Opels in the game which made your completion percentage go above 100%.

I think my game's still sitting at 101.6% completion or something.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I don't know why but going over 100% completion is a pretty neat bug to me, mostly because of the kinds of game breaking it requires usually.

Also in Gran Turismo 3, if you had the Suzuki Escudo (by far the fastest car in the game), there was a certain track you could go to and accelerate on a straight towards a wall and sometimes go through it, which allowed you to go beyond the bounds of the track to an endless open area. If tuned in a certain way and with enough space, the Escudo could accelerate to absolutely insane speeds; just holding down the gas for a while caused it to effectively pop a wheelie and accelerate to over 1,000km/h. The speed record is still logged on my copy of GT3. :v:

E: Turns out someone beat my record and then some: this poor quality video shows a guy using the same car and same glitch to do 2147483647km/h which is the second highest number the PS2 can calculate and faster than the speed of light. :psyduck:

Stare-Out has a new favorite as of 13:52 on Jul 21, 2013

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

If your car stalls and won't start, calling someone on your phone lets you start it up again. :science:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Anyone? I always thought it was only 911.
Yeah, once it starts ringing, your car will start right up again.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

ThatPazuzu posted:

In Arkham City, I glided awkwardly and hit the ground at a weird angle. The game freaked out and I was Smooth Criminal leaning my way through beating up Mr Freeze.
That exact thing happened to me in Just Cause 2 (Smooth Criminal leaning indeed) but I can't recall the exact circumstances.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

kinmik posted:

I'm looking for a youtube clip from one of the Spider-man games. It's not really a glitch, but the player didn't hit a QTE button and the end result was Spidey faceplanting on the ground and the building exploding. Help a goon out?
First result on Youtube for "spider-man qte" :v: It's a thing of beauty.

I'm going to die-eee :shepface: KABOOM

E: Guess I missed the QTE

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

TheRagamuffin posted:

This was an interesting glitch, and then Diddy started scratching his head and it became hilarious.
Hahaha, I didn't even notice that. That's funny as hell.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well, you can't have anyone bear witness to a murder.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, a game where you can be ratted out by an actual rat.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I still don't know how the hell they made the Mardi Gras level in Hitman: Blood Money on the PS2. It ran perfectly on my lovely PC at the time, too. The crowd was just as detailed as other characters in the game (though they lacked ragdolls) with AI and everything.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah, I thought it would be something clever like that. It's still pretty impressive playing the HD version too. Obviously Absolution has it beat by miles with the Chinatown and Chicago levels, for instance.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not really a glitch, but more of an oversight in WoW I found way back in The Burning Crusade, they added (or moved) a world boss called Doom Lord Kazzak that players could just find hanging out in the world and fight whenever. The thing about Kazzak was one of his abilities called Mark of Kazzak:

quote:

Mark of Kazzak: Casts a non-curable debuff on a random player in range with mana. It will drain the target's mana for 5% of his total mana per second and explodes for 5,000 Area of Effect (AoE) damage when there is no more mana to drain. Lasts 8 seconds.

Which basically means your mana gets drained and if you're below a certain percentage of mana when you get the mark, you'll explode and deal 5,000 damage to yourself and everyone else around you. At that time I played a paladin, a mana-using class with an ability called Divine Shield which makes you immune to all damage for around 10 seconds. What I'd do is go where Kazzak was, stay as far from him as I could (a boss-level enemy could easily kill me in one hit), engage him, burn some mana and wait/hope for him to cast Mark of Kazzak while he made his way over to me.

If I got it, I'd immediately use Divine Shield and start teleporting to my home city while Kazzak stood there, beating at my invincible rear end. Upon arriving at an inn in Stormwind (or any crowded city) I'd run out to where everyone usually gathered, a mailbox or such and let myself blow up. With the help of a few other paladins, we suicide bombed the bank and mailbox until the ground was covered with corpses and skeletons.

Soon after, Mark of Kazzak was patched so it would disappear if you left the zone where he was. Good call.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Nude posted:

This might be the wrong thread to ask this, but does anyone know of a Metal Gear Solid video where the guy sets people up and takes awesome (in game) photos? I searched and searched but I can't find the drat thing partially because it was in Japanese. The video was longish, and had things like taking a photo while an explosion happened, or when he kicked down a door. Thanks to anyone who can help.
That would be zeixpe, AKA the master of exploiting MGS AI. Prepare to have your cup runneth over:

MGS3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBDcbx6Z2so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvnlYTClfOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmrzwWclzE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqfkI7JlUU8

Bonus MGS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0zi-lA9Nlc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqq75InWkZc

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I love ragdoll physics in games, especially Euphoria. I think it's the biggest landmark in gaming tech since going 3D. But that video mostly reminds of how characters in GTAV are made of glass and the tiniest physics fuckery kills you stone dead which just prohibits all the fun. They should've made that stuff do way, way less damage than it does. I mean, they even have a dedicated ragdoll button in the game (except in multiplayer which is why multi sucks).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Find a way to watch it because boy is it great.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I think fall damage is fine to have in an open world game and an involuntary animation every time you got near an edge might screw you over for each time you actually wanted to jump off a cliff for whatever reason. That said, some kind of a mechanic to lessen if not eliminate fall damage would be a good solution. Press crouch to make your character roll, or something else to deploy a parachute, whatever. That way you'd still have the option to leap off a mountain and pancake yourself on the ground.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I just started playing Fallout New Vegas for the first time and there's a character with a dog in the first few minutes of the game. The dog's eyeballs were hovering vertically next to its head.

Is there a :bethesda: smiley yet where it's written in crayon with backwards "e"s?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The most monster factory has made me laugh was the Black Desert Online episode where they tried to make Bart Simpson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qo1Aj_leEo

The part around 5:45 where Griffin moves the characters mouth made me laugh so much I had to step away from my computer.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The best corruption. Hey! YOU'RE DEAD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQiQ1pVlN8

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Railing Kill posted:

Yeah, I can get behind that.

Speaking of which, I followed a link to another HelixSnake video at the end of that one and.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRCjLFUz-gw

:stare:

That may be the most violent thing I've ever seen in a video game.

Agreed.

That sudden "meeeeOOOOWWWW!" made me laugh almost as much as "Would you open your fuckin' eyes?" :mad:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

Person tries to mod out pooping in ARK and winds up with unexpected results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

Ark is coming to PS4 and I was thinking of picking it up for the splitscreen, is it good in that regard?

I don't want my stone house to be eaten all the time

It's pretty much the most poorly optimized game in the PS4. Not worth it, I'd say.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No evidence sadly as I forgot to take a screenshot, but I'm playing the 2009 Ghostbusters game on my PC and there's an interesting glitch where any water there is transforms into a spiky, undulating and escalating nightmare until it fills the entire screen. The sewer level is just a dark, spiky mess that calms down if I look away and goes loving bananas if I turn to face it, starting off with small spikes of the water texture going up and down, up and down, growing with each cycle until it fills the screen. My PKE meter appears to think it's all hunky dory.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Regrettable posted:

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9eKp6QB-6s

That's pretty rad. I just played this for the first time a couple of months ago and never ran into to that issue.

That's the one.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Let's qualify ME:A "animations," facial and otherwise as glitches from now on so I can laugh at them here without reading the poo poo thread in games. Seriously that game looks like garbage and it's amazing.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Bethesda Equation.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Mass Effect Andromeda animations

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That game should be called Butt Effect or something.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I like to think he keeps backing away forever.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

:dice: but with Bethesda, and have it burst into flames after it collapses.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Altaïr died on his way to his home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Decima engine (Horizon Zero Dawn/Death Stranding) does some interesting things with AI pathfinding in that it's completely dynamic and doesn't require really any manual setting unless you want to be specific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKqQ4XPWJcQ

The AI is free to move around in areas that are blue which get blocked out in realtime if an object is moved or added.