Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I had this happen to me in MGR Revengeance after a fight in the office building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itn6PDl0Rmc

Somehow it made me think of the Psi-Ops game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well Tribes as a series built it's unique gameplay style based on a bug, so I am not exactly seeing anything wrong with that video. And even in the early days of Ascend you could go ridiculously high by going equally ridiculously fast.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bart Fargo posted:

Same thing here - I got one of the Skate's hoping to see some freaky weirdness and I can't get it to glitch out! I would pay full price for one of these if there was a guaranteed way to make the bizarre things happen.

That's cause you need to play on "Easy" - it tries to autofix some of your lovely riding, making you stick more to stuff and get attracted from rails from a further distance. That's where the wonky physics and bugs come from.
3 is the most broken. The only thing I had when normaly playing was the gravity suddenly deciding to shift to the right cause apparently down was an idea of the past. It did fix itself right after I smacked my face on a pole, and didn't manage to replicate it since.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Forgall posted:

So Assassin's Creed.

Or, quite literally, Saints Row 4. You even "glitch out" some places by uploading viruses. It's also a great game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Basticle posted:

This isnt a glitch, its just a feature of Goonmod that is loving hilarious

http://gfycat.com/UntidyNeatGalapagosmockingbird

How do you make them fall like that? I need that.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Of course, it's even funnier when you find out that the reverse can also happen.

Aw shiet, I never knew this, this is hillarous :allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

This looks to be a side effect of someone changing the car properties on the PC edition by removing the friction.

Isn't this a bug with the game spawning 2 cars in one spot, usually an intersection, and them getting violently separate? I know I saw that happen once on my machine.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Haruharuharuko posted:

Not technically a glitch but look at the keyboard in battlefield hardline

Could it be that... seven ate six?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Does GTAV let you replay things that happened and then use a freeroam camera? That's crazy

Yeah, it basically has the system Skate 3 had.
Which means HelixSnake is gonna have a field day with it (I hope). In any case, there will be loads and loads of glitch videos.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

YellerBill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL6-XBtBigA I heard this noise and I went into the next room to find, well, this.

You interrupted his breakdancing practice.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
At this point, it would implode space with so much negative pressure :psyduck:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kennel posted:

PC release!

Hahaha, even better with the commentators!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYMFfc7xco

You know what is the greatest? The commentary is exactly the same as it was in at least WWE2k13.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5_xbC_eUk Arkham Knight continiues to deliver many laughs :allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well, SS13 gave this thread it's newest title, it's a gift that keeps on giving. It's also a game where intentional behavior is easily mistaken for bugs.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

SS13 is a game where they introduced hiding things inside pies a while back. You could hide most handheld things. The magic came from the fact that if you threw the pie at someone, it would splat them in the face, and whatever was hidden in the pie would trigger on the victim as if the thrower had walked up and belted them with it. This led to fun things, like stun baton pies.

However, probably the funniest one I can remember was hiding the russian revolver in a pie. You see, most guns, you click on a dude and you'll either shoot or pistol whip them with the gun. The russian revolver was used solely for playing russian roulette. This meant you would typically hold the gun, click yourself, and have a 1-in-6 chance of blowing your own head off. It turns out, against all logic, that when someone hides the russian revolver inside a pie and throws it at someone, there's a very good chance that the gun will enact terrible russian vengeance and blow the head of the thrower clean off, even from a distance.

It would've been a lot less funny than it ended up being if a clown hadn't been the one to find that out.

The details are even better. Every item would trigger as if the person who got hit in the face used it. So you throw a revolver pie in someone's face, and the in-game terms it's basically suicide. This is important, because that's the way it was shown in chat.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Great.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, there is a bug in the PC version of Phantom Pain that lets you customize weapons in way you shouldn't be able to. It allows you to create some funny looking guns:

but the absolute best part is when you do it, Big Boss tends to get kinda lost on how to reload the gun. Behold

Kikas has a new favorite as of 11:43 on Sep 12, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

The important question is does it work? I've spent the better part of my life trying to develop a silenced grenade.

No. Well, the throw is silenced. The explosion is still loud as gently caress.
Buuut, in Payday 2, if you're not the host, have a silenced shotgun and have exploding ammo in it, your shots are silent :v:
They might have patched that out tho.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, for those who wanted silent explosions, I present to you: A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR

Why yes, it is a silenced rocket launcher :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I guess people who made the game want in on some of that sweet sweet HelixSnake/Skate 3 popularity.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well, that bug was messing up people playing FOBs, since you could take those weapons there. Also Konami seems to try hard to cement their position of "Worst Game Company Ever", because the same patch that did this, limits your in-game wallet capacity to 500k GMP if you play offline. If you go online, you get all the cash over 500k you had, but since you play online people can steal that from you in the FOB.

EDIT: vvvvvv Nope, 500k: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnxVhq17Jmw

Kikas has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Oct 11, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh I assumed it was on PC too, as it seemed like these patches dropped at once.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I am still a fan of the "stuff lodges in wound" system from Dwarf Fortress. Dwarves tossing lions into other lions, making one lion get stuck in another is something magical.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

In 3 you could max out your sneak and unarmed (melee?) and just go around with the Chinese stealth armor and deathclaw gauntlet. You could walk right up to almost anyone and stab them to death in one hit and their buddies would never know you were there.

Well, in 4 you can do something else. If you get enough AGI, you can get two perks, Blitz and Ninja. Ninja applies a massive stealth bonus to your melee attacks if you remain undetected, while Blitz allows you to close a lot of distance while attacking melee with VATS. Combined with Big Leagues, a perk that makes your melee weapons do up to double damage, you can get some pretty broken stuff, like this

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I have an xbone and I want to record some Fallout 4 footage. How do I do that?

The reason I ask is because anytime I play and a vertibird comes on screen it will (very slowly but) eventually just start spinning and flying in circles until it crashes into the ground and explodes. This made the mission in which you storm Fort Strong fun because eventually the thing was spinning so fast the game became a blur and we crashed into the water. I was left unhurt and just swam to the fort and killed everything. The guy that comes with you (I forget his name) made it too. No one ever mentioned the crash so I don't know.

It's not supposed to happen let me tell you that :v:

But Vertibirds seem wonky in general, sometimes if you load a save near a flying one, it'll spawn with it's rotors off and come crashing down to the ground, leaving you some delicious and free Power Armors.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

pussy riot police posted:

Imagine four balls on the center of a table. The first falls off, the rest kind of sit there

:golfclap:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I am livid that none of those dumb cutscene glitches happen in VGCW, cause that would be loving awesome. The worst thing that happened was camera angles NOT ACTIVATING during a Hot Tag and the animations played out with the default combat camera and the characters were wildly teleporting around the ring cause that's the way 2k programmed it, otherwise the animation would not simply fit in a square ring.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

HellCopter posted:

Not that VGCW was ever perfect, though.

To be fair, that second one happens 100% of the time when you do a females table match, at least in my game. So it's probably intended.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So XCOM 2. It does seem to have a lot of glitches, mostly regarding animations, like with diffrent elevations where people going down from the second floor to the first one will fall through the floor of the first floor, bounce off the ground floor and end up where you want them to be. Or the Vipers. Boy did I have a lot of bugs with viper animations, mostly of the one where they coil around the XCOM operative.

Gamewise, the soldier is constricted by the big-rear end Snake-thing, they occupy the same space and should have a shared animation. But it's a bit misplaced.

EDIT: Here's it in motion:

http://webm.host/d59f3/vid.webm

Or half motion - all the bugs with Vipers make their animations freeze in place.

Kikas has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Feb 8, 2016

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Crossposting from the XCOM 2 thread

Just had the most insane bug in the history of my xcom games so far. I'm doing the forge mission and I'm at the very end picking up the objective. The only enemy left on the map is a single sectopod (big giant stompy robot) out back. I have a save right before I engage the Sectopod, plus some autosaves before that. The bug follows as such:

1. I remote hack the Sectopod to disable it
2. During the disable animation around half the remaining walls in the forge building just blow apart
3. Immediately after that my most injured squadmember dies, just keels over dead no matter where he is on the map
4. The entire rest of the squad panics, does random poo poo
5. Immediately after that control finally returns to me and the game CTDs itself

This baffling and remarkable series of events is perfectly repeatable (even across the multiple saves), I've done it 3 times.

I've had that kinda happen to me - in the second to last mission, if any of the remaining Archons used Blazing Pinions, they would nuke the enitre loving map, killing everyone on it. alien and xcom alike.

Also there's a frequent (well in my case 100%) bug with Stun Lancers who attack Rangers with Bladestorm, a skill that makes you attack people who enter your melee range before they strike you. I think it has to do something with the fact that the melee attack is like move and attack combined into one action.

It goes like this:
1) Stun Lancer rushes in to attack the Ranger
2) The attack connects or it doesn't, this is not a rule, but it mostly misses
3) The Ranger will go "oh poo poo I was supposed to attack him before he hit me I've got Bladestorm" and actually hit the Lancer with his own sword, even if they got stunned :psyduck:
[3.5 - The Rangers attack will destroy a completely random piece of terrain on the map - it can be literally anywhere in sight]

Now these steps will only happen if the Lancer has survived the counterattack.
4) The game will freeze in a bit of confused awkwardnes with the camera locked.
5) The Stun Lancer (who attacked in melee, and therefore his turn should be over) will REGAIN his whole turn, but starting at the square next to the Ranger.
6) Lancer runs for cover, 100% of the time flanking the Ranger
7) Shoots the Ranger in the face, most of the time critting due to flanks.

So basically while Bladestorm is a great skill to have, when it hits it refreshes Stun Lancers for some arbitrary reason. :xcom:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
And back in XCOM 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Zuq9KWONY

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

princecoo posted:

Another time during a resistance raid, I had a high level soldier up on a balcony get hit in one turn by a couple of lucky shots, bringing him to 3 health. I had 5 other full health squad members, so I figured he could just sit in overwatch at that location for the rest of the mission, safe and sound. 2 turns later he randomly and for no reason fell through the floor and died on impact.

EDIT: This is especially annoying because your soldiers will happily drop from 3 stories up to the ground when ordered to move, but falling one floor will gently caress you right up.

Might have been so that the balcony he was on was on fire. I know the game isn't the best at signaling which exact tile is on fire or how long until it breaks and I've had soldiers stand next to burning boxes acting as full cover and only become burning once they moved from that location. Fire is generally pretty weird, as it also likes to not show up anymore once you load your save during a mission.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Copper Vein posted:

How did XCOM2 end up so busted?

I played a bitch-ton of XCOM from it's initial release in 2012 all the way through to last year, and never saw anything close to the amount of glitches posted on just these last 2 pages. From what I've played of XCOM2 so far, it doesn't seem to be so advanced from its predecessor that I'd expect all this wacky poo poo to be cropping up, especially since it wasn't designed for multi-platform this time around, and was delayed from a launch date from late last year.

I remember that one of the thing they said when making either XCOM or EW was "We can't make procedurally generated maps, you won't believe how buggy that poo poo gets". Come XCOM 2 with procedurally generated maps (to a degree) and it's still buggy as heck, the fact that Ranges melee attacks destroy completely arbitraty pieces of terrain is due to precisely that. I guess time constrains were harsh even with the delay. Well the inevitable first expansion pack will surely adress a lot of these issues, just like Enemy Within did for the last game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

GyverMac posted:

AW shucks, is Xcom 2 playable in its current state though? I just bought it today and was looking forward to playing it... I'd hate to see my team of characters named after friends and coworkers die to constant glitches and bugs. :ohdear:

There are only a handful of gamebreaking bugs and the game is completely playable.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bugsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw9KcqQSRRI

Somebody made a BF1 parody of original trailer.

Oh Jesus this is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mercury_Storm posted:

This latest episode, dear god, I couldn't stop laughing at what happens in the end. The THING is still moving even with the simulation paused!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL69wdAt6fk

The simulation acutally unpauses itself whenever he moves in "World Editor Mode" which is what he uses to delete stuff.
:goonsay:

Great episode.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

So this is the leaked footage from MGSV of Snake going Nuclear?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This is a post so we get to the next page faster so I can start reading again and not have to suffer the 21 autoplay webms we have on this page.

Top glitches tho.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Railing Kill posted:

Crossposting from the .gif thread:

It's not the same without the sound -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J58QjIhqv8

And I think that the author, Helix Snake, is the true patron saint of this thread, just by the sheer volume of his Skate 3 videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
How the gently caress is that game popular enough to warrant getting DLC while still in Early Access is beyond me.