Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tracula posted:

I don't know if this is :can: but this is why I'm not really all that enthralled with Goat Simulator. It's just not as funny when the glitches are intended but in Skate 3 or wrestling games it's loving amazing because this poo poo ain't supposed to be happening.

Definitely, this happens even in normal gameplay where I can spend hours doing dumb poo poo in games like Saints Row 4 but the second the game wants me to do that same stuff, just in a more specific manner, I get bored by it. Games just seem more fun when it feels like you, the player, are the one taking control instead of following a guide.

As for actual on-content posting: Last night I ran into one in E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy that I've been trying to replicate because it cracked me up and I need to capture it. Sprinting through a hallway I ran into an NPC who then flipped through the air and imploded. I don't know why, because normally they just step away from you if you run into them. But this guy just flipped up into the air and collapsed in on himself, it was great and I was laughing too hard to grab a screenshot :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dabir posted:

Oh yeah, happens all the time in the temple. There's few things more unnerving than two heavily-armoured cyber samurai trying and failing to pass each other so hard that one of them just explodes. Funnily enough you don't see important NPCs running around much in EYE.

Spectacular. I'm going to have to watch some more NPCs when I'm not killing them to see if it happens more often then.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah, I'm with the guys who aren't really entertained by games like goat simulator, because half of the fun of glitches is the feeling that you're breaking the rules in some way. You're doing something you're not supposed to do and seeing something you're not supposed to see.

I remember playing World of Warcraft before Cataclysm, where you couldn't fly flying mounts in the vanilla continents, and finding weird spots in the landscape that would open up and let you explore all kinds of cool places you weren't supposed to be in. Yes, all I was really "doing" was just walking around, but I felt like I found the goddamn closet to Narnia.

What they need to do is to develop a game that has just a whole universe of weird rear end glitches and crazy poo poo you can do, but hide it under a very thin, very easily breakable facade of a "regular game" so that producing those glitches is both very easy and makes you feel like a little kid getting away with breaking windows.

Pre-cata WoW tended to have tons of weird little goldmines of hidden and unfinished areas. My favorite will still be the upside down sinners area of karazan and I'm sad they closed it off for good now, from what I hear.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

duckfarts posted:

did they fix the mgsv weapon customization bug already?
:negative:

You can still use cheat engine to do it. But yes, they removed the best glitch.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Zereth posted:

It doesn't appear to have fixed existing customized weapons, though. I have a rubber-bullet firing SMG with a silencer I can't put on it anymore.

So people who already have bullshit like a shotgun-spread rocket launcher can apparently still use it!

Yeah, they didn't bother resetting weapons. They might as well have left it in and just made it so customized weapons couldn't be used in the FOBs anyway because slapping a silencer on a tranq sniper of choice just basically trivializes all of them. Even if they get alerted you can just walk around shooting them in the ankles and letting them pass the gently caress out one after the other. The ankles have no armor. Faces either.

likewise they half fixed the glitch where you could finish one mission early and get no rank on it, forever locking you out of the S rank completion rewards. Now the things you have to destroy always respawn when you do the mission. However they didn't reset the ranks of people who got the null rank.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I want to play because that glitch looks hilarious. I mean, it looks fun anyway. But that glitch makes me giggle like a moron and makes me want to play and hope it happens.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Captain Novolin posted:

hope you're ready to wait a decade for the next game and have it be like twice as broken when it comes out

It's okay, they're turning elder scrolls into a card game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Demoknight was always kind of awful because every time you saw a demo on your team and thought "Finally, someone's going to clear out this engineer nest" it'd just be a demoknight charging endlessly to its sentry death.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TheMaestroso posted:

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm guessing he doesn't live in america and you missed all the fallout over the international pricing. Because people were loving pissed when it cost a lot more pretty much anywhere but America to buy Fallout 4 and more than other AAA titles on steam for a lot of foreign markets.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Testekill posted:

Maybe like 95% of the Americans but it comes out to $112 for Australians which is a full thirty bucks more than what we'd have to pay if it were priced like the American version.

Apparently it cost around $250 for people in brazil which is like $80 american or something. People on the steam forums were getting banned for a while for even bringing it up and trying to discuss it, while the people who would write oh so witty "lol stop being Brazilian and poor" posts wouldn't even get deleted.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Roro posted:

Speaking of Fallout 4, I've just seen three Pipboy Editions (as in, with the "ultra-rare" Pipboys and huge fuckoff boxes) for sale in my local CEX. I can't believe that someone would buy the game in one of the most expensive editions only to sell it so quickly. I suppose they didn't budget for it when they put their preorder down?

A lot of people are illiterate or something and thought they were legit pipboys and got really, really upset when it was just a strap for your phone like advertised.

EDIT: Oh yeah and people ordered like five at a time to resell and are really upset they're not selling for 400 dollars a piece like they were before they shipped out.

Nuebot has a new favorite as of 00:50 on Nov 14, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

scarycave posted:

In Fallout 4, Every couple of minutes my character seems to be ordering around animals that aren't even there.
I'll open a door inside a building and he'll start shouting things like "Attack!" or "Rip 'em apart!" like the door will just fly off the hinges and start mauling people.

You're haunted by the ghost of good rads.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

deep impact on vhs posted:

i dunno because when i tried to move their bodies they wouldn't come out and then they just fell into the world

That happens. There's an area where a deathclaw leaps onto you from a cliff above, only it missed me and kept falling. Then it'd reappear at the cliff top and fall through the world again. It didn't stop until I killed it and its rag dolling body start flying around the cave.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

How did that happen? I jumped in some molten metal and nothing. It was like, a foot deep. I hid corpses in it. That's rad.

I love fallout's bears.

I took this screenshot a few feet away from a deathclaw. There was another bear just hovering in the sky. After I shot the deathclaw in the face, a third bear fell on the deathclaw.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

President Ark posted:

I think the closest thing I've seen to "gamebreaking" come out of Fallout 4 is thatthere's a really strong gun you can see in a locked case in the vault you start the game in and it needs at least 2 points in lockpicking to access, except the dog companion you get ~10 minutes later has the ability to fetch items and is capable of grabbing the gun from the case, but even then that's less "completely break the game to your whims" and more "have a really powerful gun way earlier than you normally would"

Cryolator isn't that great. It's basically a flamethrower if I remember right from the like three minutes of testing I did when I grabbed it, and early on you're so fragile that the slowed movement speed and limited range of it means enemies will just shoot you in the face before you can hurt them with it. It seems like it's mostly a novelty weapon. What is kind of gamebreaking is that there's a legendary modifier that doubles your damage if the enemy has full health. By default stealth attacks with guns make you do 2.0x damage as well, plus whatever the critical attack modifier is. Get an instigator modifier on a sniper early on and you can just snipe loving everything since crits don't ever miss and the doubled stealth critical will just destroy everything.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Foxhound posted:

If you don't turn your companions into space marines with flaming swords and power armor you're not playing Fallout the right way, I'm sorry. :colbert:

I have a whole town of fenced in naked people guarded by vaguely hostile rogue sentries. Which is also a glitch, there's one town that has defensive sentries already placed except they don't get counted as the town's defenses when you take over and if you place your own turrets they'll shoot it to death super fast.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Zereth posted:

Can they see the turrets if they're completely enclosed?

Becuase having enough Defense wll keep raiders and such from attacking at all, so a tower full of turrets which can't see out or anything seems like it should do the job just fine.

It's more like a pig pen, really. Open skies and they can frolic in the grass and mud to their heart's content. But yeah I'm sure the neutral sentries could handle any raiders that show up

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That wasn't a bug, the persistent gore was one of their big marketing talk points for a time and you could turn it off.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Instant Sunrise posted:

But the persistent being on fire?

I thought it was funny to be able to carry on a conversation with Leliana and she doesn't even notice that she's on fire.

No, that's a bug for sure and it happens with most effects. It always bugged me when the frost, fire and blood would stack on my mage knight who had like half a dozen shield spells and stone skin and poo poo so she'd just look like a walking glowing mass a poo poo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

In FO4 one of your companions is supposed to give you a perk that adds +25% headshot chance in VATS mode. However this perk is currently broken, instead setting your hitchance at 95%, whatever the weapon, even with missile launchers or the fat man. (look at the ridiculous hit chances on other body parts compared to the head)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDvB9hTJpQw

I think people in the fallout thread were saying it actually adds 2000% to your headshot chances, it's just impossible to actually display 100% for whatever stupid reason. The conversation system is the same way, you could have 10 charisma and wear charisma gear but you still won't have an actual 100% chance at dialogue trees, just 95%.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

sc4rs posted:

Was playing Skyrim, and a mammoth clipped a ledge and shot straight up in the air about 20 feet. Not too uncommon for things to randomly fly up into the air in Skyrim though, so I wasn't too surprised.

Then it came down and stuck the landing on top of a second mammoth.

Unfortunately the mammoth stack only lasted about three seconds and I was laughing too hard to get a picture.

I don't know what it is with mammoths but before I uninstalled skyrim it wasn't uncommon for every mammoth in the area to just spawn in the sky after I came out of a cave, and it was specifically caves, so I'd come out after killing spiders and hagravens or whatever and just see a dozen mammoths rain down. My computer did not enjoy it, but I did.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Strife posted:

Weirdly, I could get into that second set of power armor and still use the jetpack. But when I exited that second set, the X01 pieces all went into my inventory. Apparently I had consumed/become the power armor frame and the pieces were just equipped like armor.

Try to see how many armors you can stack.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CJacobs posted:

The pathfinding in Dragon's Dogma is generally pretty good, but sometimes on narrow paths it bugs out for enemies that are wider than they path their AI has to navigate and they just walk off in a random direction...

...which leads to wonderful screenshots like this.

Also pawns seem to just have this instinct to leap off cliffs. Especially in Bitterblack Isle where they'll spend a few seconds staring off the edge into the pit beyond, then hop over. "What a gaffe!" and then vanish forever.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TheMaestroso posted:

Also, vertical position vs. horizontal might be a factor.

He also doesn't get closed between them like in the weird fractal video. The object forces him out.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

XYZ posted:

This is how gaming works now. People are willing to buy games before they are even finished. Why fix everything when you can release buggy poo poo and just patch it later(maybe.)

Well you see, if you don't pre-order than the communists win. Also you don't get your free goku pre-order bonus skin.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dewgy posted:

Isn't Warframe also basically just the devs continuing to work on the original version of Dark Sector? I still remember years and years back that game was supposed to be like, Doom 3 levels of impressive tech, and it just... didn't come out. And when it did come out it was just a weird (but good) Krull kinda game, mostly forgettable.

Pretty much. It has a bunch of cool ideas except the devs are really, really stupid and constantly gently caress it up and get super defensive any time people point out they hosed up, there's a bug or did something they explicitly promised they wouldn't do. I fondly remember one point when they made the first, and mandatory, level of the game the hardest one in the game. Then banned a lot of new players who popped in to say "This is a cool game but I literally can not beat the first level, I'm not going to keep playing."

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Alternatively, you'd think it wouldn't be hard to program fatal drops with a perimeter that only allows you to fall down if you walk either straight through or back down over the edge or press a button or something.

It could even trigger a teetering animation, rather than just let your character briskly walk off a platform at a 10° angle to the edge. It would make many games with lots of levels and janky controls much more enjoyable.

Though if this thread has taught me anything, the teetering animation would probably get stuck on permanently.

Or just get rid of fall damage. I've never played a game that had no fall damage and thought "You know, this game would be better if I lost my health every few minutes because I didn't want to walk down all these stairs".

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jedrick posted:

Or Skyrim, where running into a cart full of cabbages makes it go off like a bomb.

I love the murder physics in skyrim. I died in a dude's house once because I ran too fast and his kitchen just exploded and a dozen plates and sweet rolls just murdered my character.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

It's so bizarre to me how they never quite got it to work that you pick up something up off the table and everything a foot away jumps.

In some places the items aren't ever actually on the surface, they're hovering like a millimeter above the table or whatever so when you take a fork every other item will just freak out and fall, bounce and physics around. It's really annoying in some locations because you'll enter a loading door, and then every object will drop that tiny distance and promptly roll through the world where you can never reach it again. And gently caress you because that happened to be the one item you needed to steal for a quest line and you can still see a tiny bit of it, but you can't physically touch it without using console commands.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Your Computer posted:

This is unironically why I love Bethesda games :allears: Garbage writing, so-so gameplay but holy poo poo the exploitability and glitches.

It's also why I hate bethesda games because if any other game had these kind of glitches people would be rating them 0 and trying to burn the devs for charging more than five dollars.

That being said my personal favorite glitch is when mammoths spawn hundreds of feet in the air and the plains of skyrim are just filled with free falling mammoths. And it is always, and only, mammoths.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

spongeh posted:

It could be a few lines of just plumbing. There's almost certainly plenty of Call of Duty code that dates back to Quake 1 in 1996. Same with the Source engine.

Destiny still uses stuff from Halo 2. Not as big a leap but still :shrug:. My favorite example of games re-using stuff is in Deadly Premonition where they re-used animations straight from SWERY's previous project, Spy Fiction.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Elohssa Gib posted:

I still think they shouldn't have fixed it for him.

They really shouldn't. I remember intentionally pissing off all of Booty Bay to get a stupid pirate hat and never being able to go back.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

C7ty1 posted:

You could get back with the goblins, either by killing a ridiculous number of Bloodsail - and I wanna say... sometime in BC, Wrath? ... they put in repeatable quests for cloth? to get your rep back up.

Druid thing is a little different. Bunch of those little factions you used to be able to go to war at during older/Vanilla days. I sure loving hope my Warrior main never needs any of those Ravenholdt NPCs!

They should have just done the same thing. "Oh, you pissed off these druids and now they're story important? Get farming cloth!" The true WoW experience. Farming cloth for an eternity.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

VanSandman posted:

The stupid Friends fanfiction people write about a non-existent game is real dumb.

Just because you can't find a copy doesn't mean it's fake. Maybe you should be a little more devoted to your FRIENDS, huh?

cubicle gangster posted:

I know they're not real glitches but I can't stop watching 'car boys' on YouTube. My girlfriend got mad at me because I was laughing too much.

The bits where the game bugs out are real. Similarly, I'm loving their new skyrim series even though so far there's only been one bug I'm aware of.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

I appreciated that the notifications made their own endless brown river down the center of the screen.

poop is an important part of ARK. If you wind up captured and locked in someone's torture hole (because it's far easier to knock someone out and lock them away where they can never attack you again) then they can force you to eat and keep you alive. So eating your poop to death is the only way out.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Railing Kill posted:

Holy poo poo why would anyone play this game

Just to make it better; taming a dinosaur takes literal hours even for relatively minor investments. Like, four hours for a level for poo poo dinosaur that any jackass can stab to death. Every official PVP server is basically owned by giant tribes that systematically ensure no one can tame anything or get beyond stone tier. Stone used to be the point where you were pretty much safe because short of explosions, nothing could break stone easily. Then they introduced a dinosaur that could just eat stone. This is fair and balanced.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kikas posted:

How the gently caress is that game popular enough to warrant getting DLC while still in Early Access is beyond me.

I don't know, but they hosed that up too. So it's on a separate island and stuff, right? Except now if you have the DLC you can do server transfers and poo poo and take your cool new poo poo back to the regular game and gently caress up everyone's day and just transfer back before they can retaliate. Also a lot of people were mad about the DLC because the game its self is a buggy, poorly optimized thing and the DLC costs money.

Ratjaculation posted:

Ark is coming to PS4 and I was thinking of picking it up for the splitscreen, is it good in that regard?

I don't want my stone house to be eaten all the time

If it uses new servers there probably won't be stone eating dinosaur tribes for a while :shrug: but I don't know how good the frame rate could possibly be on the PS4. ARK is one of those games that just inexplicably shits its self sometimes even on good computers despite everything looking like its made of glossy plastic.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

At like 2:00 in when that salmon is on the beach? The whole game is like that. And just to keep this at least slightly on topic;

Before I accidentally banned myself I ran into a bug where all of the water in my game was invisible. It was pretty cool, but got really confusing when I'd just suddenly be swimming.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

zidane13 posted:

Are ANY of the multiplayer building games good? Seems like they all fall into poo poo due to that kinda stuff. I just want to secretly add an entire dungeon to some randos house, or make it nicer for them :(

Terraria's good because it's just you and some buddies loving about. It's great when you don't plan things out and one friend builds half of a house then you build half of a house and you wind up with some kind of weird twoface hut. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Eela6 posted:

Terraria is a good game. It's the only crafting game that's ever clicked with me and I played it a ton, though I spent 90% of that time on the single-player. You can pick it up for a song nowdays and I think the multi-player is reasonably active.

I will try and backfill this post with a good vid of Terraria glitches. To start with, you could make an infinite water/lava machine and flood your whole world.

And, if you don't want to play with randos, then you can just grab a bunch of copies for like five bucks and give them to your friends. Because it's a cheap game that goes on sale a lot. I think the fact that it's a relatively small scale game is the biggest reason why it's so easy to get into and most people who play it aren't as high strung as in like, Ark or Rust. You can start a new character and it doesn't take long at all to get back up to the level you were at before, and there's relatively minimal investment needed to reach the bosses and various tiers of gear. Whereas in like Ark, you have to keep playing for hours to get past the basic tiers and then it takes no effort for another player to just take it all away from you and you have to start over.

C. Everett Koop posted:

On the other hand, there's people like this in Terraria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAtOGGQ1-8
:shepface: