Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Brofessor Slayton posted:

In Mortal Kombat: Deception, you can try to pull off a Fatality and a Hara-Kiri at the same time. The game just splits the difference and has you do a fatality on yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-egksufiao

This is perfect. I'M SO ANGRY... nnNNGGGHRRGGGH MY CHEST EXPLODE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

I'm a rabbit in your headlights.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

So Math posted:

:toot: I love glitches like this. Reminds me of a blog post about a homebrew Tron lightcycle game that escaped into working memory. http://blog.danielwellman.com/2008/10/real-life-tron-on-an-apple-iigs.html

Man that is fantastic.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

I teach classes in drawing and animation with code. When we get to the class where a circle 'bounces' off of the edge of the screen to change direction, it's fun to make the students figure out how.

"Just check to see if it's passed the edge, then reverse the velocity!"

circle hits the edge and then gets stuck flipping its position in and out of the detection area

"Oh. Ohhhhhh that's why the Skate 3 glitch videos exist."

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

Got any funny stories? What's the weirdest accidental behaviour one of your students somehow managed to make an object do?

Not really. It's a very introductory course (99% of the students have never written code before). So it's a lot of drawing circles and squares.

There are some great moments, though. Students don't really get 'optimization' yet (they've barely learned what a loop is). So they might have thousands of objects checking every pixel on the screen each frame, and it runs like a slideshow. Cleaning that up with them and then seeing their reaction when it runs at 60fps is always a treat.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

I read that the Oblivion voice acting script had been sorted to put the lines in alphabetical order, so noone had any idea what their lines were in response to.

That's... the dumbest way I could think of to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

That is hilarious. I'm sure the quest system is a highly scrutinized and controlled chunk of code, making sure each line of dialog is connected properly.

And then for the voice actors they just used PRINT(ALL).sort(ASCENDING).