Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

EoRaptor posted:

more ME: Andromeda breakage:
https://youtu.be/H0VkCcKH0HI

I have plenty more of her floating around the Tempest, but meh on editing that upload.
Is that on PC? I'm on PS4 and while there have been a few minor bugs I haven't had anything on that scale. I'm almost disappointed :v:

moist turtleneck posted:

I guess it's not a glitch but everybody loves ragdolls
http://i.imgur.com/dzZt65k.gifv
I have a bunch I need to edit into a clip. Some of the collision physics are as hosed up as the lift/throw from ME1 which resulted in people getting thrown out of the skybox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Phlegmish posted:

Crossposting from the gif thread

TBF this is pretty much the Browns IRL.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I don't know why people hate FO4 so much, it's a fantastic glitch engine with some minor gameplay elements attached. Has anyone played a game where something didn't break hilariously?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

World Famous W posted:

With, I think, the contraption workshop dlc was added a summing radio tower for the purpose of playing tower defense.

Settlement building was the only fun i really had looking back. I spent way to long building a trash sorting conveyed belt system that sole purpose was making ammo. Was fun. Too bad I had to play rest of game to get resources.

Edit: actually looking it up think that was a mod, so well
If you're gonna run mods then just get ones that give you 100k of everything at each settlement and build to your heart's content.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Angry Diplomat posted:

gently caress, the punchline at the end is incredible
What did he say? Even with my speakers cranked I can't hear a drat thing.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Captain Monkey posted:

After trying to arrest a fish, repeatedly screaming ‘Last mistake!’ and ‘Come quietly!’ until the player shoots the fish to death, the guard turns to the player and says ‘If those Whiterun Guards can kill a dragon, so can we.’
TY. Honestly sadder I couldn't hear them trying to arrest the fish :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bony tony posted:

A national treasure.
In every nation.

I still don't know how a movie based on a board game is so goddamn funny, but I have to watch Clue at least once a year.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
So the Rapture happens, nbd

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

moist turtleneck posted:

I've been having fun experiencing the path finding in mafia 3

In most games they just tell you to eat poo poo if the ai cant find a path to get you into the car but by god Lincoln Clay is determined as hell

https://i.imgur.com/FN7xAT5.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/HXWqlYH.gifv
I've been having fun (sometimes) with the AI in Mafia 3. I'll kill a dude off by himself with a silenced gun, and somehow some rear end in a top hat on the other side of the map "sees" it and puts the whole area on alert. This has happened through walls, floors, ceilings, etc. And no matter where I am on the map they will always make a beeline to me. It does get hilarious when they come in a slow conga line and I just kill them from around the corner one after the other and end up with a huge pile of bodies in a stairwell or whatnot.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
There's also the elevator of death in Blood Money, where you can get up on top of the car and just murder people indefinitely. Not a glitch though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bomrek posted:

Hey folks, i was hoping you could help me find a video of a not-quite glitch i remember seeing sometime within the last 5 years.

It was some fantasy game where the final boss captured the player characters one true love at the end of the game, so you have to conduct a rescue mission. The only problem is that the game chooses the character you have the highest social score with as your one true love, leading to a lot of players finding out that the innkeeper or weaponsmith was their fated one in the eleventh hour.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of this game, and Google has no idea what I'm trying to find. Anyone have a lead?
One of the possibilities is also a 9 year old.

They did make it so merchants (with the exception of two) have a ridiculously high ceiling to trigger it. And the system is convoluted in that if you have several people with maxed affection then the person that you talk to last before going to fight the dragon is the one that gets picked. It's really easy to have every single plot-related npc absolutely in love with you after a couple of playthroughs. You can fix this by killing them or carrying around a fart in a jar to make people not like you. Killed npc's respawn after a few days.

Dragon's Dogma is completely batshit and hosed up in all the best ways. Highly recommend a playthrough, it's available on pretty much every platform from the 360 onward.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

marshmallow creep posted:

I remember in one playthrough the character I wanted to propose to left the game long before I was done playing (which happened because I did her quest sooner rather than later, as you might when you're interested in a character) and someone else maxed out by accident as I neared endgame. Realizing this meant I was in "love" with someone I didn't actually want, I found a random NPC I could tolerate and just gave them a bunch of harpsbud juice until they loved me. So the person who showed up in the infamous cutscene was a literal nobody with only idle NPC chatter by way of speaking lines. I thought that was funny, at least.
Ah, Mercedes. Yeah, hers is very tough to get since she leaves like 1/3 - 1/2 way through the game and way easier to trigger on a NG+ since you can throw everyone else into the nearest body of water to reset them. Or don't talk to anyone at all since unlike a lot of other games NG+ doesn't increase enemy health and you're one-shotting everything including bosses with your OP gold dragonforged gear and maxed out stats.

Whoever allowed Simone (the 9 year old) to be an option either has a very warped sense of humor or needs to have the police called on them like Granos.

e: now I wanna play DD again damnit

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DelphiAegis posted:

Yeah, I thought the same motion sickness couldn't affect me until I turned on the movement via control stick instead of teleportation in the VR home. I quickly got a very queasy feeling. I suppose that's a testament to how immersive it is.
This can go away eventually. Goons in the PSVR thread refer to it as "getting your VR legs." I had it happen playing Skyrim, I was fine and then after about 30 minutes I suddenly got so nauseated I had to rip off the headset and make a dash to the john*. Didn't puke, but I felt all hosed up for almost an hour. Now I play Squadrons and NMS and run around all day with no problems on smooth turning. Occasionally something will get a hitch in my stomach but it goes away quickly. Usually it's doing barrel rolls in my spaceship.

I mean, it's possible I just got sick because I was playing Skyrim but I think it was the VR :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Oh, come on. Who edits this poo poo in when you have the original? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UfgMoWv8E

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Unfortunately this isn't a move you can learn :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3YVcAKDeHQ

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Yaris's Revenge

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

neogeo0823 posted:

Oh god, please let the guy who originally made this make a new vid about this one.
Helix Snake is the god king of Skate vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUR6u8nHoM or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnxaJUIFYg

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Maul not advancing, scrum down.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Stare-Out posted:

I'm starting to think my Hitman game is haunted

So just shoot him with the sedative pistol, chuck an axe into his head and call it good? Seems like a normal run to me!

The roguelike mode is really fun but it's glitchy as poo poo

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Stare-Out posted:

I didn't bring the sedative pistol and he had two assassins around who would've wasted me instantly if I threw an axe at him. I wound up buying a sniper and shot him from below. :effort:
I'm curious if you had shot him with a tranq if gravity would've fixed itself and it counted as an accident kill.

Also I forgot to share this one when it happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVg-qOVAG4

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Arrath posted:

My first action in any bethesda game is player.modav carryweight 9000

Gotta love being able to be a crazy packrat, couldn't do it without console access. And then mods, yeah. Can't live without them.
No console on...console, but FO4 does have mods available. I'm the same way - if you're going to force me to pick up every goddamn tin can and busted fan, you're going to give me the room to do it! Since it's on console, you don't get the super gross sex mods which is nice.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

After trying to play and bouncing hard off all the From Software games (timed melee is just not my thing) and not owning a console, I have no idea what Bloodbourne land looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq8FuG9J7dA A video from goon Genocyber's LP of it. This is one of the more :stonk: areas.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

PurpleXVI posted:

BG3 had release bugs, but we're not talking CP2077 level
Hilariously I got CP2077 within a day or two after launch, played it on a PS4 Pro, and didn't have a single glitch other than this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaWAO-VA2rQ :v:

I know other people had an absolutely miserable experience even on the same platform so I don't know why I got lucky.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

"Working as implemented"
lol I'll have to remember this one the next time something is hosed up at work

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
What is it with pants? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS4dMVn2WKg&t=267s

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

I've never had it this bad but quite often walking around I see like three or four copies of that npc in the same crowd, it's quite annoying. dunno if it's something screwy with that one model or just the quite distinctive design makes her stand out more than other cloned npcs
I saw this explained once by a dev, it has something to do with the procgen/random gen. If the game generates one of something it has a higher chance to generate it again to save on memory or something along those lines. Happens a lot in games like this. In SR2 it was very noticeable in cars - you'd be at an intersection and suddenly surrounded by the same purple sedan.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Philippe posted:

JOINT PAIN
Pretty sure that'd give me joint pain, too.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vqWBIjOJS8

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

El Jeffe posted:

I knocked out a guard in Hitman and he didn't take it well

https://i.imgur.com/HesbPz0.mp4
One time I'd knocked out a guard and was dragging him to a hiding spot. Closed a door behind me and the door hoovered up the guard, killed and ate him.

I would've been fine with this except it hosed up SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nordick posted:

I thought Lowtax did that
Something Awful is still around, at least :grin: