Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I haven't played a wrestling game in years, but the graphics actually look worse than they did 5+ years ago. Is it just the quality of the recording or something? The models look like they came straight out of Smackdown 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

spongeh posted:

It doesn't. There's a category of runs for cool glitches like that. This is obviously taking the glitch to an extreme. See the original Super Mario World run. This one technically completes the game, although it doesn't become the canonical run since it heavily breaks the game.

Am I understanding this right... he abuses a glitch that makes it possible for him to alter the state of whatever part of the rom he likes, and then he alters it in such a way as to actually write a brand new program (pong and snake) and then execute it? As in, he literally turns the game into an assembly language editor and writes a completely new game (reusing graphics from the original game?)

Because if so, that's insanely cool :3:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I get glitches in complicated 3D engines, but on a snooker table? Jesus Christ.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Frungy! posted:

OK that's pretty drat funny.

The rat launching into song around 5:40 in destroyed me :xd: