Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Diskhotep posted:

It's been a little while since I've played, but I don't recall a way for heroes to get zombie cards as a start item, nor could they use them if they had them. Is this from a scenario or something?
Is he talking about those cards that are basically curses until they are removed? Because those make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I think there are a few heroes which start with a specific Zombie card like "Haunted Past" on them. This is not meant to be a good thing. It is meant to be a starting disadvantage.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So you know how FFG has infamously bad rulebooks? Well...

quote:

Legends of Andor is unique in that there is no rulebook. Rather, players learn as they experience the game. Was this your goal from the beginning? How did this approach develop, or why did you choose this unique path?

As an illustrator I had suggested this way of learning rules a few times for other games, but no one was interested or believed that this approach could work. My experiences with computer games made me think it would be possible. When the publisher and I decided that there would be multiple legends (in the prototype there was only one adventure) I thought to make the first legend very easy, like a tutorial in computer games, and increase the level of complexity with each new legend.

Of course, this required a lot of extra effort, because the editor Wolfgang Lüdtke and I did quite a lot of tests on just the rules, rather than the game itself. We watched people play the game, and then wrote down when there was a gap in the rules or something they didn't understand.

I'm very thankful that the publisher agreed to this unusual method. In the end I'm very satisfied with it. The heroes in Legends of Andor begin their adventure immediately after the two pages of Quick-Start rules have been read, and then have to fulfill their first (and of course easy) tasks. When playing a computer game, you wouldn't say the game is too easy after playing the tutorial. Similarly, in Legends of Andor the challenges increase alongside your number of options. This concept really pulls you into the land of Andor.

I, uh, I'm not sure that quite works for boardgames, but who knows how comprehensive the two pages of quick start rules are? Also, I'm surprised that they're not sticking with their Runebound/Descent world for this seemingly high fantasy game. I thought they liked to consolidate their settings, with that as their high fantasy, Android as their sci fi, Lovecraft as their cash cow, and Warhammer just because.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

So you know how FFG has infamously bad rulebooks? Well...

I, uh, I'm not sure that quite works for boardgames, but who knows how comprehensive the two pages of quick start rules are? Also, I'm surprised that they're not sticking with their Runebound/Descent world for this seemingly high fantasy game. I thought they liked to consolidate their settings, with that as their high fantasy, Android as their sci fi, Lovecraft as their cash cow, and Warhammer just because.

I am already sold on this game, and request any specifics about anything be spoilered :colbert:

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

SERPUS posted:

Anyone know if there's any recent games like Ambush? (Solitaire, card-based, war)

Fields of Fire is pretty much card-based solitaire game of company command. It's rather complicated and ha worse rulebook than Arkham Horror, though. You might also want to check out the Leader series from DVG (preferably Thunderbolt-Apache or Hornet Leader) if you don't mind managing planes rather than little infatnrymen. It's much more sane than FoF, very good and rather quick playing. Also, similarly to Ambush, various events keep happening and forcing you to adapt and making each raid more unique, so that may scratch your itch better.

I also vaguely remember Lock'n'Load series getting a solitaire module or mission which pretty much directly ripped the hex'n'book event from Ambush.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

General Battuta posted:

No they're probably talking about the one where Bloodletters get you 2 VP whenever they kill something.

That's the one. There's a guy on BGG who did stats for games that he played in which ended up telling him that the upgrade is worth 12.66 points per turn. Considering the game is played to 50, and is ridiculous compared to Nurgle's ability in the base game which could possibly get you 15.

AgentF posted:

This is a brutal upgrade in dire need of houseruling. Also brutal is Nurgle's extra-corruption upgrade, as even a single surviving cultist becomes a dial token.

I've never had a problem with one cultist becoming a pip, because who cares if nurgle gets dial advancements. He rarely gets more than other players and I still consider him doomed from the start.

Another annoyance I just remembered: the 'difficult' old world cards that the expansion comes with screw over some players more than others. Like, a lot more. For example, one of them stops you playing cards unless you sacrifice some units first, and if it comes up first turn that means no dial advancements for Tzeentch.

Diskhotep
Jan 4, 2008

Cocks Cable posted:

I think there are a few heroes which start with a specific Zombie card like "Haunted Past" on them. This is not meant to be a good thing. It is meant to be a starting disadvantage.

Okay, if the hero is basically starting with a zombie card played on him, then that makes a lot more sense. I had forgotten about Victor the Convict. Are there any more in the Timber Peak expansion? I haven't picked that one up yet.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Wazzu posted:

I've never had a problem with one cultist becoming a pip, because who cares if nurgle gets dial advancements. He rarely gets more than other players and I still consider him doomed from the start.

It's not so much about Nurgle advancing, it's about him shutting down the game for double-ticks. In order to prevent Nurgle from getting a token, you have to kill every single cultist in the region. As a result it's pretty eacy for him to get 2-3 dial tokens a turn. Although these aren't amounts that will give him a runaway dial victory, it's not uncommon for the other powers to need that many dial tokens to double tick. Consider how much effort Tzeentch needs to go through to get a single dial token. A Tzeentch that gathers 3 tokens in a single turn has no doubt put in a serious effort. When Nurgle gets this upgrade, the market for double-ticks collapses and your plans better focus on the track from then on.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Wazzu posted:

That's the one. There's a guy on BGG who did stats for games that he played in which ended up telling him that the upgrade is worth 12.66 points per turn. Considering the game is played to 50, and is ridiculous compared to Nurgle's ability in the base game which could possibly get you 15.

The difference between the expansion Bloodletters upgrade and Provender of Ruin from the base game is that Nurgle also gets points other ways. Khorne has basically no point-getting power, so he's got to get a LOT of points to even be in contention. Say he doesn't double-dial on the first round. So he gets Bloodletters at the end of round 2. He's got about two to four rounds before the other gods hit fifty (I almost never see games go beyond round six) - is 12.66 per round enough? Sometimes, but sometimes not. It's not unbalanced.

people posted:

Nurgle's upgrade :words:

Also, Nurgle is weak enough, on the whole, since he has no easy way to avoid Khorne and his dial is lovely. No need to nerf his +1 corruption upgrade.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Diskhotep posted:

Okay, if the hero is basically starting with a zombie card played on him, then that makes a lot more sense. I had forgotten about Victor the Convict. Are there any more in the Timber Peak expansion? I haven't picked that one up yet.

Yes, Sheriff Anderson is now 'haunted by the past'.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I've got a white elephant exchange coming up with my board game group. What are some recommendations in the $20-25 mark? They don't seem to be into the more RPG type games.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Clanpot Shake posted:

I've got a white elephant exchange coming up with my board game group. What are some recommendations in the $20-25 mark? They don't seem to be into the more RPG type games.

Netrunner is fantastic and $20 on amazon right now.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

silvergoose posted:

Netrunner is fantastic and $20 on amazon right now.
And unfortunately it only plays two. We usually have 2-3 games with 4-5 players going, so I don't think it'd get played often.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Clanpot Shake posted:

Netrunner, Innovation, The Resistance, the 2-race versions of Summoner Wars (Phoenix Elves & Tundra Orcs, Gold Dwarves & Cave Goblins), Dixit, and Carcassonne are what I can think of off the top of my head. That should give you a pretty wide range of players and game types to choose from.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Clanpot Shake posted:

And unfortunately it only plays two. We usually have 2-3 games with 4-5 players going, so I don't think it'd get played often.

Eh. You might be surprised. What if, say, you've got 10 people. Instead of the only options being two 5-player games or 3 3 and 4, you could have two 4 player games and netrunner! Okay I guess it doesn't really matter much, but I find games that play well with 2 (which usually means are designed for 2) are helpful for evening things out sometimes.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

GrandpaPants posted:

Netrunner, Innovation, The Resistance, the 2-race versions of Summoner Wars (Phoenix Elves & Tundra Orcs, Gold Dwarves & Cave Goblins), Dixit, and Carcassonne are what I can think of off the top of my head. That should give you a pretty wide range of players and game types to choose from.

Wow I hate to be difficult, but of these only Innovation and Summoner Wars are new to our group, and there's a general dislike of games with a strong random element so Innovation may not be well received. Summoner Wars looks interesting. Are all the different boxes expansions for one another? Why are there like 30 Summoner Wars products on Amazon?

GrandpaPants posted:

That's a good point, and I know at least one couple who play games together who would play it on off nights.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Clanpot Shake posted:

Wow I hate to be difficult, but of these only Innovation and Summoner Wars are new to our group, and there's a general dislike of games with a strong random element so Innovation may not be well received. Summoner Wars looks interesting. Are all the different boxes expansions for one another? Why are there like 30 Summoner Wars products on Amazon?

Innovation is terrible if you want any semblance of order and I only included it since some people like it and "games priced $20-25" is both a broad criterion yet an incredibly narrow one. I find it comparable to Race for the Galaxy, but I like it better in that I am actually willing to play Innovation.

The Summoner Wars Master Set gives you 6 factions plus a hard board. The two race ones I alluded to give you two factions and a paper board. They were the original release of Summoner Wars, prior to the Master Set. The rest of the Summoner Wars line are additional factions or an expansion for existing factions (two factions per expansion). It is pretty heavily supported and is the flagship product of Plaid Hat Games.

Netrunner is the best game of the bunch, but note that one box only gives you enough to make one Corp deck and one Runner deck, unless you want to proxy stuff.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

GrandpaPants posted:

Netrunner is the best game of the bunch, but note that one box only gives you enough to make one Corp deck and one Runner deck, unless you want to proxy stuff.
Having never played the game, what does this mean?

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
What Grandpa means is that the game comes with a set of pre-made decks to get started with (4 Corp, 3 Runner). You can use those to get your feet wet and get a feel for the different types of cards. There are also rules to make up decks of your own but, since the game is new, there's not a lot of variety/duplicate cards unless you get another base set, wait for the expansion packs to come out, or make up "proxy cards" that stand for some other card.

All said, my family has been fine with just playing with pre-mades, so it's not like there's no fun in the box.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Just played Goa for the first time tonight. It was excellent, the classic example of the best qualities of a Euro game in my opinion. Unfortunately that also includes replayablility which I think is a problem with most Euros as I tend to only want to play them 4-5 times before I get bored going through the motions with no theme to keep me interested. Still a great game, highly recommend it for anyone looking for a solid Euro game.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Indolent Bastard posted:

So while I haven't played a board game in a little while I did a board game related thing....I got a table!

Awesome! Too bad I have no room for one or I'd do it myself.

Crackbone posted:

[Dominion]'s a very good game, but as somebody who isn't a huge fan:
1- The game is not very interactive, even with later expansions. Direct conflict is largely absent (could be a plus to some)
Tell this to my wife. She doesn't like games with direct conflict because I take things too seriously when I play. (To which I respond, "As the great philosopher Lt. Worf once said, 'If winning is not important, then why keep score?'." She is unamused.) Upon getting a copy of Dominion:Intrigue, after a couple of games using the recommended starter kingdom sets, I made the mistake of totally randomizing the kingdom. Something like 6 of the 10 cards were attacks. I played efficiently. We won't be playing Dominion for a while around the house.

I recently got Galaxy Trucker, and was excited over all the great talk and press, and thought it would be a great light game to play. I pulled it out with my wife and daughter. I thought it was a blast, even though I had the worst luck. In the last round, a meteorite on the last card that hit my ship on an open connector, and I had no energy for the facing shield having spent it all earlier in the round. The one tile hit supported was the sole connector for half my engines and some other stuff. Poof went about a third of my ship. I was laughing my rear end off at that.

Aerox posted:

Had a pretty interesting game of Cosmic Encounter tonight, which is good because I usually find the game really, really boring...I still don't really like Cosmic Encounter, but I'll be damned if that wasn't a crazy game of it.
Games like this are the reason to play CE. I remember the winner of only a handful of games (out of maybe a hundred) I've played with my group, and the only reason I remember them are because of a great last-second play through which they won the game. I remember many more shaftjobs, both epic and minor, that were clever and perfectly timed (or perfectly lucky). For us, the real measure of victory isn't having five outer bases, but in pulling off that one great shaftjob. Helping this, as I think I mentioned upthread, we have an aversion to shared victories (unless the game is dragging or someone is running away with the game, or in the rare case in a game with x players, we go for an x-1 shared victory for shits and giggles).

Do the post-Mayfair sets have the same level of directed mayhem components (powers that are focused on screwing other players as much as being helpful to oneself, plague edicts, about a third of the wild flares, etc.), or have those been toned down in favor of just getting bases?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Nonvalueadded User posted:

I recently got Galaxy Trucker, and was excited over all the great talk and press, and thought it would be a great light game to play. I pulled it out with my wife and daughter. I thought it was a blast, even though I had the worst luck. In the last round, a meteorite on the last card that hit my ship on an open connector, and I had no energy for the facing shield having spent it all earlier in the round. The one tile hit supported was the sole connector for half my engines and some other stuff. Poof went about a third of my ship. I was laughing my rear end off at that.
This is the correct way to play Galaxy Trucker. I've played it with miserable bastards that didn't laugh at their own misfortune and the whole atmosphere of the game was completely destroyed :argh:

My favourite story is when we had one of those expansion ships in which you roll two dice and all the spaces that rolled can't be constructed in. The two other players rather astutely didn't notice that a whole wing of the ship was completely shut off unless you build correctly in on space, which meant I had a much bigger ship than them at the start. Unfortunately, my victory was short lived as the first card was one in which everyone bids money and whoever bids highest gets to choose a space in which ALL ships lose a piece. I didn't win the auction and guess which piece the winner chose?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nonvalueadded User posted:

Tell this to my wife. She doesn't like games with direct conflict because I take things too seriously when I play. (To which I respond, "As the great philosopher Lt. Worf once said, 'If winning is not important, then why keep score?'." She is unamused.) Upon getting a copy of Dominion:Intrigue, after a couple of games using the recommended starter kingdom sets, I made the mistake of totally randomizing the kingdom. Something like 6 of the 10 cards were attacks. I played efficiently. We won't be playing Dominion for a while around the house.

The issue I find with dominion's attacks is that a lot of them are either downright devastating in an arms race (ambassador - seaside, mountebank - prosperity, swindler, witch, multiple torturers, and young witch can fall into this too) while others are just annoying or even detrimental to the user (spy is annoying especially with scale, thief is bad early). Sea Hag and saboteur are particular attacks I hate because it has absolutely zero positive for the user - it's 100% there to make the game worse for everyone (although Sea Hag is substantially worse because it costs 4). Ghost ship is my favorite because I am a Sadist. Minion is a close second because that card is just so powerful.

Lucky Raccoon
Aug 17, 2006

Let's put on our classics and have a little dance shall we?
So what's the consensus on the Timber Peaks expansion for Last Night on Earth? The reviews I've seen seem fairly positive, but I want to be sure before I plunge.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I've been playing Kingdom Builder on the IPad and I'm fairly sure Payback Jack programmed the AI. Ouch!!!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Lorini posted:

I've been playing Kingdom Builder on the IPad and I'm fairly sure Payback Jack programmed the AI. Ouch!!!

I can't program worth a drat so it wasn't me...I'm not sure I get why you mentioned me either :confused:

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

I can't program worth a drat so it wasn't me...

Maybe that's how bad it is.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

PaybackJack posted:

I can't program worth a drat so it wasn't me...I'm not sure I get why you mentioned me either :confused:

Because you said when you played Kingdom Builder your group was trying to dick everyone else out of good moves and that's what this AI does. So it reminded me of that. I don't play that way but if I want to play this AI successfully I guess I'll have to learn.

This turned out badly I see, but oh well.....

Dark Cohomology
Nov 4, 2009

Zoness posted:

The issue I find with dominion's attacks is that a lot of them are either downright devastating in an arms race (ambassador - seaside, mountebank - prosperity, swindler, witch, multiple torturers, and young witch can fall into this too) while others are just annoying or even detrimental to the user (spy is annoying especially with scale, thief is bad early). Sea Hag and saboteur are particular attacks I hate because it has absolutely zero positive for the user - it's 100% there to make the game worse for everyone (although Sea Hag is substantially worse because it costs 4). Ghost ship is my favorite because I am a Sadist. Minion is a close second because that card is just so powerful.

The thing about attacks that don't directly help the user is that they slow the opposition down. Ultimately, the primary interaction in Dominion is racing; everybody makes a plan to win and the speed of the other players is the benchmark against which they're tested. Attacks like saboteur mess with people's engines, giving yours more time to run.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

homullus posted:

Maybe that's how bad it is.

The AI is so easy it admits defeat as soon as you start a game.(i.e; it crashes)

Lorini posted:

Because you said when you played Kingdom Builder your group was trying to dick everyone else out of good moves and that's what this AI does. So it reminded me of that. I don't play that way but if I want to play this AI successfully I guess I'll have to learn.

This turned out badly I see, but oh well.....

Oh yeah, well that's how we play all games. Peaceful games be damned!

I wasn't offended or anything it just wasn't clear why you were referencing me that's all.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

Lucky Raccoon posted:

So what's the consensus on the Timber Peaks expansion for Last Night on Earth? The reviews I've seen seem fairly positive, but I want to be sure before I plunge.

I bought it as a stand alone since I already knew a couple people with the base game. We haven't played with them combined yet but we have been playing Timber Peak about every week since I got it. It's really not that much different, so if you like one you will like the other but I don't see much reason to own them both.

And thanks for the clarification on the Zombie cards dealt out at the beginning, it makes sense as a handicap I'm not sure why that never occurred to me.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Timber Peak is very similar to LNoE base game. It's more of the same (new scenarios, new tiles, new characters etc). The new stuff that it introduces is a fire mechanic(which was already used in their Invasion game) and an XP and character upgrade system. Both of these can be easily ported over and used in the original game. You can combine all cards, but not sure if you'd want to. Many of Timber Peak's hero and zombie cards are copies of the original game. So adding it wholesale would be like adding a second base game worth of cards.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dark Cohomology posted:

The thing about attacks that don't directly help the user is that they slow the opposition down. Ultimately, the primary interaction in Dominion is racing; everybody makes a plan to win and the speed of the other players is the benchmark against which they're tested. Attacks like saboteur mess with people's engines, giving yours more time to run.

Yes, the theory is there and sound Saboteur is actually an interesting card due to its cost and availability, but a 4 player game where everyone starts Sea Hag and there's no trash can get pretty terrible - attacks that give the attacking player a benefit aren't quite as bad since they still accelerate to money and progress. Once everyone goes through their first reshuffle each player will have 3 curses in their piles and so they get up to 4 money and what are they going to buy? Probably more Sea Hags. Slowing down the opposition without a self-benefit cascades poorly in a game that wants to be multiplayer-friendly.

(We don't often play 4 player dominion but when we do we have a house moratorium on piles with Sea Hag but no trashing options).

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Clanpot Shake posted:

Having never played the game, what does this mean?

It means that with the stuff in the box there will be a max of 2 players playing at a time no matter what -- one person plays the corp and the other plays the runner.

This is different than say the Summoner Wars Master set, which comes with 6 complete factions so you could theoretically have 3 separate 1v1 games going at once. It only has one play board but you could jury rig with a minimal effort (all that is really necessary is having a grid of the appropriate size.*) Also, if your group really hates random anything then be forewarned that 99% of combat in Summoner Wars (aside from a few special abilities) is determined by dice rolling. It's a simple 'hit and do damage on a 3+' most of the time, but there's enough randomness there to turn some people off.

*-- Oh and you'd also need wound tokens (little ripped up bits of paper would be fine) and some extra dice I guess.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 4, 2012

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Netrunner is totally worth it, Clanpot Shake. At least grab yourself a copy while it's cheap. I just bought myself a 2nd copy for that very reason.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

mikeycp posted:

Netrunner is totally worth it, Clanpot Shake. At least grab yourself a copy while it's cheap. I just bought myself a 2nd copy for that very reason.

Is there any reason why the price would go up?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Redacted

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 19, 2013

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

The General posted:

Is there any reason why the price would go up?

Well, it's normally $25 at the cheapest online speciality stores like coolstuffinc. So $19 on Amazon is a steal.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Zoness posted:

(We don't often play 4 player dominion but when we do we have a house moratorium on piles with Sea Hag but no trashing options).

Honestly this is the best solution if you find certain game combination terrible, there is nothing wrong with it. Right now our only current "houserule" of sorts is that - depending on the rest of the board - we will sometimes ban 5/2 with Mountebank on the board because of how quickly it can poo poo up your deck when you get double the garbage before your second reshuffle.

Although I still don't see why it would be preferable for them to do this:

quote:

they get up to 4 money and what are they going to buy? Probably more Sea Hags.

...instead of buying even a silver. Once the curses run out (which they should pretty quickly in a 4 player game with everyone going sea hag), every one of those sea hags might as well be an extra curse in their for all the good it does. If you can even start piling out the duchies you can pull out an easy 3 pile win once the curses and sea hags are gone.

Plus there are a good number of ways around curses that don't waste time trashing them. Using them for discard fuel (Warehouse, Cellar, Vault, Secret Chamber), cards like Venture and Adventurer which skip over crap cards, using extra buys or cards like Workshop or Explorer to gain silvers to balance the ratio in your deck, etc. A lot of times trashing curses isn't even the best way to fight them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Crackbone posted:

Well, it's normally $25 at the cheapest online speciality stores like coolstuffinc. So $19 on Amazon is a steal.

Basically this. I got mine at my FLGS for $40, the MSRP, so it's really a steal on Amazon right now, and there's really no promise as to if or how long it will stay at which is only a little more than the future expansions are going to cost.

• Locked thread