Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Played my first game of Dominion today! I can't get over how elegantly the game is designed, it's incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Gilgamesh posted:

I feel like I should give this a try again. The only time I played it was the year it came out at a local game convention, and spent the entire game with some not so nice people making fun of my moves. I haven't played it since.

I dunno, everyone I'll be playing with for a fairly long time is also going to be new to the game, so that probably affects things.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

MonsterUnderYourBed posted:

So, myself and two friends are attempting to tackle Arkham Horror for the first time tonight. I'm reading through the rulebook so I have some idea beforehand but are there any things I should know going in?

Have fun with your unintentional houserules. You're going to gently caress it up, everybody fucks it up, don't worry too much about it.

One person (for my group it's me, and it'll probably be you) is going to be stuck pretty much being GM and managing the entire board. It's easier than everyone doing it, but it does kind of suck :(.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

My first time playing Cards Against Humanity with friends was a lot of hilarious fun. Every time since that has been a cold, calculated effort to understand the nuances of other people's sense of humor for maximum points.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

The neat thing about the XXXenophile card game, at least from what I've heard, is that while you bring your own tiles/cards to the game, at the end you just mix them all up and divide them up again. So when you played it with someone, you also played with the tiles of everyone they'd ever played with :v:.

• Locked thread