Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

dishwasherlove posted:

a whole separate thread

Join us! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3464435

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Has anyone ever played the browser based RPG, Kingdom of Loathing? They've kickstarted a deck-building game based on it that you can still get in on (cleared goal many times over but open til 16-Oct). I haven't played KoL in years, but the humor in it was always pretty great. I'm looking forward to playing this tabletop adaptation.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Gort posted:

Anything like that on the market?

The Kingdom of Loathing game I just mentioned on this page is literally exactly that.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

GrandpaPants posted:

for those stricken with enough OCD to…

…play designer tabletop games.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

McNerd posted:

Guys don't make your own house rules for good games. You don't know why those rules are there. Just don't. This should be in the OP.

Yeah, man, giving people all the discarded luxury tax money for landing on Free Parking totally fucks up the whole economy!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I like the way you camp! :waycool:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

My loving mind just exploded. :psyboom:

Words with Friends, which began life as a IP-skirting knock-off of Hasbro board game Scrabbleis now a Hasbro board game. :eek:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Tenderloin posted:

I'm also looking for a more complex "gateway" game that I can leverage to get my casual board gaming friends (who mostly play Catan) to bite on something a bit more meaty.

At the risk of aggroing half the thread, I am going to suggest with full sincerity that Small World has managed to fit this bill for me in the past.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

What is OP? why not just type that out.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

stratego posted:

In a Yahoo ppr, and have Sproles and DeMarco Murray banged up with Alfred Morris on a bye. Need to start two RB:

Ryan Matthews @TB
Daniel Thomas vs Ten
Vick Ballard @Jax

Leaning Matthews and Ballard, suggestions?

Umm, I believe you're in the wrong forum.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Harlock posted:

Forbidden Island on Ipad is fantastic.

Is it local only, or can you play online?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Jedit posted:

I don't understand. If the dog slays the wife and the husband answers the Free Parking question, who rapes the hamster?

The brothers. Both of them. They run trains on the hamster.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Harlock posted:

Forbidden Island on Ipad is fantastic.

Yeah, it really is. Thanks for the reco. Only thing I could possibly ask for in that app is a setting to speed up some of the animations. Once you are used to the flow of the game it isn't really helpful to watch those deliberate shuffle animations whenever a Waters Rise! card is drawn. All in all though a great recreation of the tabletop experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Haven't been following this thread very closely lately, so forgive me if this has been discussed. But I just saw this Space Alert ripoff for iOS and immediately thought of Broken Loose and co. :allears:

• Locked thread