Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Don't forget his classic Pounded by the Pound: Turned Gay by the Socioeconomic Implications of Britain Leaving the European Union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Slaan posted:

A Hugo nominated sci-fi/ fantasy author

It should be noted that he was nominated by a committee called The Sad Puppies who protest diversification of Hugo nominees. A non-zero number of them publish for BAEN publishing, which is famous for its holographic foil pulp novels, typically a lot of military science fiction. There's a more aggressive group called Angry Puppie's that are essentially the alt-right. Tingle's response was admirable and rejected the Puppies ballot.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

ZorajitZorajit posted:

It should be noted that he was nominated by a committee called The Sad Puppies who protest diversification of Hugo nominees. A non-zero number of them publish for BAEN publishing, which is famous for its holographic foil pulp novels, typically a lot of military science fiction. There's a more aggressive group called Angry Puppie's that are essentially the alt-right. Tingle's response was admirable and rejected the Puppies ballot.

Right. Tingle is good people

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
loving loved the Dessa weather on the newest episode.

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

AstroZamboni posted:

loving loved the Dessa weather on the newest episode.

Yes, it was awesome.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Just wanna say the last two episodes have been really fantastic. I hated the eGemony story and wasn't a huge fan of the three-parter before that either so it's been nice to have one that I'm actually enjoying - a lot! Looking forward to hearing the rest of it, I have a feeling this story overall might end up ranking amongst Night Vale's finest, if episode 3 is as good as the first two.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Cecil's cut-in during the latest episode really cut home considering we just had Valentine's day. Everyone deserves love and happiness, but not all get it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
What’s the protocol for live shows? Do they eventually all get released? I know that happened with the first few, but did Ghost Story ever become downloadable? And All Hail is starting another tour, so who knows when that one will be available.

I want to talk about All Hail, but it’s not right to spoil it when some people might still see it live.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jurgan posted:

What’s the protocol for live shows? Do they eventually all get released? I know that happened with the first few, but did Ghost Story ever become downloadable? And All Hail is starting another tour, so who knows when that one will be available.

I want to talk about All Hail, but it’s not right to spoil it when some people might still see it live.

https://nightvale.bandcamp.com/ Ghost stories is the first link. Generally it's downloadable when the touring is done. All Hail is on tour now so won't be released for some time I'd imagine.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Hughlander posted:

https://nightvale.bandcamp.com/ Ghost stories is the first link. Generally it's downloadable when the touring is done. All Hail is on tour now so won't be released for some time I'd imagine.

Thanks!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

we have one more tour of All Hail in April, after that I believe we will move on to a new one

also we do have spoiler tags here, for talking about spoilers.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Earwicker posted:

we have one more tour of All Hail in April, after that I believe we will move on to a new one

also we do have spoiler tags here, for talking about spoilers.

I didn’t know if that was allowed. I’ve been to some live shows where the participants were sworn to secrecy until it was released publicly.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

that mostly just means dont record it and put it up on youtube and poo poo like that (although some of our musical guests have a different policy for their set) and dont be an rear end in a top hat about major plot revelations and that sort of thing. its not an actual vow of secrecy just treat it like you would any kind of spoilers in media.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

That ending. :stare:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here's my thoughts on I Only Listen etc

Do Sunset Tree

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Do Sunset Tree

:same:
But I think they are just gonna do them all in order.
Now I want a complete sunset tree with all the songs from both.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Jesus gently caress, that was "ending of Darabont's The Mist" level dark. Brutal.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
loving hell, what a kick in the guts.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nevvy Z posted:

:same:
But I think they are just gonna do them all in order.
Now I want a complete sunset tree with all the songs from both.

I mean they've already skipped a couple albums so im hoping they jump around and just do whatever

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So. Yeah. Now I know what happens when O Henry personally fuckin' hates you, I guess.

(e. I thought, for the record, that this was probably the strongest storyline so far this year, certainly by far the best of the multipart stories. But goddamn what a brutal ending.)

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Do Transcendental Youth

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Do Freebird

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

hello here is some some live shows news

we are doing Alice Isn't Dead live in LA at the Largo on April 5th. we did this Alice Isn't Dead live once before in Seattle and here is a review: "that was some freaky poo poo man" - the sound guy at the Seattle show. tickets: https://www.largo-la.com/event/1643575

and we are doing one last tour of All Hail. western Canada and US. that's right we are coming back to Winnipeg! also this tour includes one of the most haunted venues we've performed in, the Bing Crosby in Spokane. lots of tech crews tell us about ghosts and stuff wherever we go but that place is legit creepy. http://www.welcometonightvale.com/live/

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 5, 2018

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Earwicker posted:

we are doing Alice Isn't Dead live in LA at the Largo on April 5th. we did this Alice Isn't Dead live once before in Seattle and here is a review: "that was some freaky poo poo man" - the sound guy at the Seattle show. tickets: https://www.largo-la.com/event/1643575

One note: while it has some the same basic structure as the Seattle show, I'm rewriting it completely to be about LA, so if you saw or heard that Seattle one, this is still going to have a ton of new material. But all the freaky poo poo will be in there from the Seattle one. Best of both worlds.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Do you do signings at the shows? I have the signed editions of Mostly Void, Partially Stars and The Great Glowing Coils of the Universe and would like to get them signed by Cecil Baldwin.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You should record the live Alice at some point

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I think the one in Seattle was recorded by the Podcon people and released to donors or remote attendees or something, though I have not heard it yet myself. I'm planning to record the LA performance for our own archives at least.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I really enjoyed the latest 3 parter :)

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Finally got my butt to finish that 3 parter. I was gritting my teeth at that ending, I wanted to scream "that's not fair!"

Can something give you life and yet be sapping you will to live at the same time? Cause I'm feeling that right now. Thanks for being such a great show

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
The theme song to Pounded in the Butt by My Own Podcast is incredibly catchy.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

AzureFlame posted:

The theme song to Pounded in the Butt by My Own Podcast is incredibly catchy.

I listened to the preview on WTNV, but I don't think I'll be listening to the show itself. I'm impressed by the care both Tingle and Cecil put into the project, but gay erotica isn't really my thing.

Is "Chuck Tingle" voiced by Emo Phillips, or does he really sound like that?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Jurgan posted:

I listened to the preview on WTNV, but I don't think I'll be listening to the show itself. I'm impressed by the care both Tingle and Cecil put into the project, but gay erotica isn't really my thing.

Is "Chuck Tingle" voiced by Emo Phillips, or does he really sound like that?

That's a very problematic opinion, to dismiss an entire podcast entirely because of your own homophobia.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Chairman Capone posted:

That's a very problematic opinion, to dismiss an entire podcast entirely because of your own homophobia.

Let's not go there please.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chairman Capone posted:

This is it, the hottest and dumbest take itt

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Poe's Law hitting me hard on this one.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Chairman Capone posted:

You've got a clean rapsheet, so how about in the future:

1) Do better with your application of Poe's Law
or
2) Don't accuse people of horrible things just for kicks.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I just caught up with the end of the love story and holy poo poo. Good take on a classic. I always love the proverbs on this show too and that dippin dots one was great

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
These three parters have me eager about the show again, I refreshed my podcast app thinking "surely it's been two weeks" earlier but it was ONLY ONE WEEK I demand an explanation about why the linear nature of time is oppressing me

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/NightValeRadio/status/991000856425304064

:confused:

Is this like the Lasagna Cat thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm glad Alice isn't Dead season 3 is starting so strong.

S2 felt a little meandering with the agent constantly interjecting (the voice actress was great and she was a creepy villain, just felt like she hurt the pacing) but the narrators this time really work.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 3, 2018