Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Shnakepup posted:

No reason as far as the actual show is concerned. As far as fan-art, it's a follow-the-leader thing. Someone drew him with a third eye as a kind of "wouldn't it be funny if..." situation. From what I understand, the line of thinking is that Cecil isn't actually getting the news from reports or whatever normal methods reporters get their news from, he's actually psychic or something similar. Thus the third eye.

I thought that was a weird line of thinking until I started relistening to episodes recently. I think the things they're talking about aren't the bits where Cecil talks about normal town events that have explicitly or implicitly been reported to him through normal channels but the bits where he just starts telling a creepy story about things happening to people. Those are things he'd have no way of knowing about unless he's making poo poo up, psychic, or being influenced by some other outside force, so I can understand going down the third eye/psychic train of thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Really loving the new episode. It's nice to have something that feels seasonal to the southern hemisphere for a change instead of all the cold winter stuff we usually have to sit through at this time of year.

And I am totally excited for child army vs Strexcorp.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Holy poo poo they're actually coming to Perth! No one comes to Perth! We're just a tiny city surrounded by endless desert!

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Earwicker posted:

cool but can you guys get rid of that tony abbott rear end in a top hat before we come over please tia

We're hoping he follows the Harold Holt model of governance and walks into the ocean never to be seen again.

Anyway more on topic so what if the old Desert Bluffs is still the new Desert Bluffs in some kind of time loop?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Perth show was excellent! Thanks so much for coming to our tiny city surrounded by endless desert and endless ocean.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Pleased to report that the summoning ritual over here in Perth is going great! Looking forward to Monday!

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Just caught up on the last arc, got up to the weather and was thinking "huh this sounds familiar, maybe it's a cover of a song I know?" until it got to the chorus and I realised where I knew it from and sang along delightedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah, I can see how it'd be an extremely difficult listen if it hits home. For me the relatable part is being a kid/teenager loving music from a musician who basically no one has ever heard of and recording a cassette tape of their music, so I just adore it. I should really get in on their Patreon.