Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Holy Roman Empire, Batman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

twoday posted:

Holy Roman Empire, Batman!

Aren't you required by law to say "the Holy Roman Empire, which was neither holy nor Roman..."? :v:

This comes from Strange Maps, with the cringe-inducing title of "Yes We Clan". :doh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
They seem to actually be selling this on Amazon:

Photo Jigsaw Puzzle of Crematorium at Dachau concentration camp, Dachau, Bavaria, Germany, Europe from Robert Harding

Although I'm not sure how the pink pieces on the left would get assembled to make the image on the right. :shrug:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82PBpw2Vg0

Gets louder near the end. From 2009-2010

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 26, 2012

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LP97S posted:

So hang those who murder I.R.A. members? For being so obsessed with all things British they need to learn proper English possessives.

Georgian Army in Iraq going all Crusader Kings.

I'm just making sure this photo makes it to the new page, because I think it's cool as hell. Partly it's the colors, I think, and partly it's the whole aesthetic of that assembly taking place in that setting. drat.

(L.A. riots)

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

"The Much Maligned South Africa" gets me every time.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Loving all the political and historical pictures in this thread :3:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

winterwerefox posted:

Loving all the political and historical pictures in this thread :3:

Who is this?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

high res: http://i.imgur.com/IrYtu.jpg

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Armyman25 posted:

What's funny is that Estonia tore down this monument to the Russian forces before building that monument.

Actually, its the opposite. Lihula monument was put up in 2004 (and government tore it down nine days later) while Bronze Soldier riots happened in 2007.

Wars suck for everyone. There isn't much difference which side you fight for.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

This owns so much, I love how Grantham is marked on it, and is the northernmost English settlement (for those who don't know, Margaret Thatcher was born in Grantham, it's a very small town with no significance otherwise).

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

I know it's Puck Magazine but I can't not see the eagle cursing under his breath in the background

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

These are cool :allears: Here's some more:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
A slight chuckle for the olds around here

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GD_American posted:

A slight chuckle for the olds around here

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

What do people use to get their hair like that because that is a bitching style and I think i could pull it off

(courtesy of LP97S)

the2ndgenesis
Mar 18, 2009

You, McNulty, are a gaping asshole. We both know this.
A moment of silence, friends, for a titan has passed away.

Eric Hobsbawm died today at the age of 95. The world has scarcely known a greater labor historian.

Thank you for your life and work, Professor.

shortprsn
Apr 21, 2008
Have some police brutality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUGDQirrq-o

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Doing Philly proud.

http://youtu.be/NorgJ0zivAA

Wikipedia posted:

During the Continuation War, the Finnish Army discovered that the retreating Soviets had scattered radio-controlled mines throughout the re-captured city of Viipuri. These mines were set off when a three-note chord was played on the frequency the radio was tuned to, causing three tuning forks (of which each mine had a unique combination) to vibrate at once. Once the Army and Yleisradio experts discovered how the mines worked, a Yleisradio mobile transmitter was brought to Viipuri, and Vesterinen's polka was played on the same frequencies the mines used. This operation continued for over three months, until the batteries of the mines were drained.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://staff.tumblr.com/post/32671284860/live-giffing-the-2012-debates-this-wednesday

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD

So random drunk dude throws water near a cop, cop turns around and Evander Holyfields a random girl? Jaysus...

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Just my very goony brother. Needed a picture, right?

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

Poland

These are Portuguese football fans that stole banners from Hapoel Tel Aviv supporters

Verona

Russia

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Who looks at the Klan and says "yeah, these guys have got it figured out?"

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
It's almost like it's a class issue...

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2012/10/01/steep-drop-in-life-expectancy-for-white-high-school-drop-outs/

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Excuse me I think you'll find that the free market has eliminated class :smuggo:

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Cjones posted:

So random drunk dude throws water near a cop, cop turns around and Evander Holyfields a random girl? Jaysus...

Yes but if her house was burgled you know who she'd be relying on for help :smug:

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

I recently dug this out of storage, it was given to me by a friend back in the 1980's. He collected Nazi and Klan stuff, which was interesting considering he was Jewish. (He also had an extensive collection of railroad lanterns, Frank Zappa records, and airline china settings, an odd mix)

The bottom text says
"Knight of the Ku Klux Klan
Realm of Justice, Alabama"

It's painted from the back side of the glass and is about 2 feet high.
I don't know what the hell to do with it.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

MattO posted:

I recently dug this out of storage, it was given to me by a friend back in the 1980's. He collected Nazi and Klan stuff, which was interesting considering he was Jewish. (He also had an extensive collection of railroad lanterns, Frank Zappa records, and airline china settings, an odd mix)

The bottom text says

Smash it into pieces and take a picture. Post original and post smashing pics on Stormfront and screenshot the results.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

poemdexter posted:

Smash it into pieces and take a picture. Post original and post smashing pics on Stormfront and screenshot the results.
This sounds cool do this.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'Our Fellow Man' (as long as he's white and protestant, Irish need not apply)

I'm glad you believe in the free market principles of Sex Workers, ArmyMan, comfort girls are certainly a better choice than raping your fellow soldiers or the natives (The military doesn't do abstinence-only sex ed?)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

MattO posted:

The bottom text says

These guys would probably like it if you wanted to donate it.

http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/

Kinda related:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

McDowell posted:

'Our Fellow Man' (as long as he's white and protestant, Irish need not apply)

I'm glad you believe in the free market principles of Sex Workers, ArmyMan, comfort girls are certainly a better choice than raping your fellow soldiers or the natives (The military doesn't do abstinence-only sex ed?)

At least five years or so ago, unofficial briefings for overseas stations (Germany, Korea) basically said "wrap it up, hire a whore, their STD rates are less than you'll find with your female coworkers".

Nowadays, DoD policy bans any servicemembers from using the services of prostitutes, even in countries where it is legal (because of human trafficking concerns).

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/tumblr-privilege-check.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ententod
Apr 17, 2011

• Locked thread