Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Norton Ghostride posted:

I sure am glad Giffords is fighting to promote stronger legislation against deadly features like that AR's vertical foregrip. The one that she's clutching like a tennis racket and obviously has no idea how to use outside of what she remembers from cable television.

I'm glad we must know all the intricacies of a deadly weapon before we're allowed to try and limit them.

Only nuclear physicists can get us to get rid of nukes, they're the only ones who know how they work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Volcott posted:

Can't blame them for daydreaming about the finest machine of war ever conceived by man. We should be seeing prototypes of the A3 variant by next year.

Easy mistake to make, this is what you meant:

:v:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I wish I could remember the smilie code for the football dude slamming after a touchdown.

Oh well, Phil Robertson probably thinks like this:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Little Blackfly posted:

33 year old banker about to commit suicide by jumping off of JP Morgan's Asia-Pacific Headquarters in Hong Kong.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

ProperGanderPusher posted:

GOVERNMENT BAD has become so ingrained within our society that it's now taken for granted. Two landslide victories in a row by any party tends to do wonders with the Overton window.

I sure wish I could remember the last time it shifted to the left. Seems like we've been sliding steadily to the right these past 23 years.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

One of a dozen Al-Qaeda themed bars/restaurants that have popped up in Brazil for some loving reason:

Wanna drink hard at that bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BWFX9gT7G0

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

KoldPT posted:

Where's Ruddha

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Looks pretty British to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTapR73pfrY

He's gonna teach you to speak English with that knife, and not that swilly British tea-sipping poo poo either.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Grondoth posted:

Oh wow everything is hosed in all of those links. The dude who grabbed a BB gun designed to look tacticool and got shot and killed in the store that sold it by cops who managed to kill someone else in the process is incredible.
I mean it looks like this so sure, maybe it's a bit of an irresponsible product. But even I, who's knowledge of guns comes completely from Video Games, can tell that's not the AR-15 that the call and the cops said it was.
He said it wasn't real and they shot him. Jesus christ.

Aside from a few minor differences, that appears to be based off of this real steel rifle produced by Bushmaster, the ACR:

They're not exactly super popular or common rifles, but from a distance I could see someone confusing it with an AR platform (they take the same magazines, at least, and have a similar general shape.)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Accretionist posted:

SouthernStrategy.jpg

Seems like a pretty good tradeoff for 400 years worth of free labor :shrug:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

DrProsek posted:

Was driving by the post office in town and noticed this

On the right there is a Obama with a Hitler moustache photoshop. I'm fairly certain it was unironic.

Welcome to 2008 then, I guess?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Wait, they won't let you type capitalist in there?

Why, they must be...

COMMIES!!!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

That digital camo stuff looks even stupider and even less effective when it's blown up like that.

It's actually pretty effective, at least according to Natick's testing in the 70's. The only reason we didn't adopt it ourselves was because soldiers said that it looked stupid.

Ehh, they were probably right. Can't fight the commies looking like a bunch of goobers!

quote:

Circa 1977 or 1978, the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment (US Army in Europe) tested a Dual Texture (aka Dual-Tex) camouflage pattern for Military Operations in Urban Terrain (MOUT). This design was painted on helicopters and vehicles of that unit. Following a request from the US Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC), Natick Labs developed a version of the pattern for printing on fabric and test uniforms were also produced. Although apparently effective, this early Dual-Tex pattern was never adopted as its appearance was reputedly unpopular with servicemen.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

The Schadenfreude thread is over in GBS yo.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Slavvy posted:

War of secession: the last time American society as a whole gave a poo poo about black people.

Here's a better version of that picture, along with their white, Union commander.

Because that's a Federal, not Confederate, unit.

edit: This picture was taken in 1864, in Philadelphia. They're members of the United States Colored Troop 25th Regiment.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Is that one of those guns that's made in prison out of piping?

Don't be silly, they're obviously Wh40k Bolters!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

This is either the best dress meme, or the worst.

KGB gun glove.

Looks oddly similar to the OSS gun glove.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Good job, man. Keep it up. :)

Beer is pretty bad for you, but hard liquor isn't as terrible if you're careful about what you're mixing it with.

So, at the very least, vodka and gin are out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Met posted:

Rick Santorum surprised me today.

"If [Bruce Jenner] says he's a woman, then he's a woman," Santorum said to reporters Saturday at the South Carolina Republican convention. "My responsibility as a human being is to love and accept everybody. Not to criticize people for who they are."

:unsmith:

Holy poo poo.

Ban me if you want, but holy loving poo poo that astounds me. :stare:

He may not be a Lich King afterall.

• Locked thread