Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

BonHair posted:

I'm behind on my racism, the left one is a jew, but what about the right one? Is it a hippie or an irishman or something?

This is the original Wyatt cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

no no but qm haven't you heard

this thread is for saying "murder bad, people have a free speech"

You don't have to agree with everything or anything Hebdo has ever published to stand in solidarity with them for the right to publish it.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Here is another completely serious cartoon by a notably racist publication
:nws:http://o.onionstatic.com/images/18/18053/16x9/700.jpg?1577:nws:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

The Crotch posted:

I think "who/what is getting mocked, exactly?" is probably the most common question. Like,

Presumably this isn't making fun of kidnapped rape victims because they're not exactly a group that need taking down a peg or two. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that welfare recipients also aren't the intended target, as "the poor" aren't really in need of mockery. But given the drawing, the writing, and the admitted lack of understanding of the context, there's some pretty understandable confusion as to what the joke is, y'know? Like, "cultural context", "satire", "anti-clerical tradition", etc., dropped in without much more explanation, isn't going to enlighten anyone.

They are making the same joke Colbert made 4 nights a week for a decade. "This is what <Crazy Local Fringe Politic Group> actually believes!" sort of way. When you combine this with a proud French tradition of satire through mockery and hyperbole, with a Mad Magazine/Onion style current event weekly publication you are going to shock people and make them uncomfortable. That's not the same as being a bigot.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

That looks more like Chris Pratt than Chris Kyle

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

Can I hire you to go to comedy clubs and ruin jokes professionally?

My rates are very reasonable

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

I'd recognize those cheeks anywhere

Family?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

BonHair posted:

Norway is just in a crazy separatist phase, you should get back under Denmark straight away.

Pictured: The rightful homelands of the Danes. All the Swedes and Finns and whatever that have moved into our lands are free to leave or be blockaded and bombed.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

withak posted:

Please to be explaining.

The state of Georgia does not think there is a good reason to prohibit anyone from carrying firearms into an airport

Atlanta is home to one of the busiest commercial airports in the world.

• Locked thread