Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Lord Lambeth posted:

I always got bored and nuked everyone in shadow president. That's what you get for the spice girls britain. :argh:

Part of a new ad campaign to bring awareness and understanding of transgender people.

My partner found these earlier today and shared them with me. They're all :3: as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

DPS stands for "damage per second", not "deaths per second".
:goonsay:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yeah man Red Bull totally has a better space pro-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9hXqzkH7YA

Oh.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Frosted Flake posted:

Sex ≠ Gender.
You shouldn't be able to use the washroom of the opposite sex just because you feel like it.

I always love when people trot at this picture, as if to say that all trans people are violent sociopaths who just want to bludgeon cis people to death with a baseball bat. Fun fact! As a trans woman, I'm much, much, much more likely to be assaulted, raped, or murdered than you are, unless you are also a trans woman! Hooray!

Pictured: a violent, deranged, transsexual sociopath (me).

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Frosted Flake posted:

Splitting washrooms by sex isn't a perfect system, but it works. There are too many variables with transgendered people to make washrooms co-ed. How can you determine if someone has transitioned enough to use the washroom of the opposite sex? If a transman still looks like a woman, it doesn't seem like a good idea to let her use the men's room just because she feels like a man, especially from a safety point of view.

That's some drat fine misgendering you got there :thumbsup:

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm sorry that you feel that having different washrooms for the two sexes is a great injustice. Maybe more places will have family/handicapped washrooms in the next few years.

Maybe if cognitive behavior therapy was more common, people with gender dysmorphic disorder could get the help they need without worrying about changing society.

You're right, let me go back to all of the different therapists I've had over the years, surely one of them can make me finally be ok with my boy body.

Alternatively, maybe you're just an rear end in a top hat.

Also, to go along with the other trans woman pictures, here's CeCe McDonald:

CeCe had the bad luck to be with other queer friends one night when they were attacked by a group of white supremacists. During the attack she killed one of the attackers. She is now serving 41 months imprisoned in the all-male Minnesota Correctional Facility - St. Cloud for manslaughter. This is your punishment for being black and trans in America.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Frosted Flake posted:

She had a uterus and vagina when she gave birth though, so...

That's "he" to you. Unless you regularly inspect a person's genitalia before deciding which set of pronouns to use, in which case go for it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Oh poo poo right I forgot that infertile women are actually men. My bad, you win.

This is the trans flag flying over the Castro in San Francisco this past 11/20, the Transgender Day of Remembrance. It is the first time it has ever been raised there.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Frosted Flake posted:

That's okay, I forgot that transmen are biologically female.

They are though? At least some of them anyway. I have a trans guy friend named Nick who hasn't started hormones yet, so should I go against his wishes and call him a girl? Similarly I'm a trans woman who's been on hormones for just about exactly 11 months, but I still usually present as a guy for personal safety reasons. What pronouns should you use on me? If I meet someone like Lana Wachowski or Laura Jane Grace or Chaz Bono, have they sufficiently transitioned enough for me to call them the way they want to be treated? At what point does a trans person cease being one sex and become the other? Who gets to decide? Are you the Grand Arbiter of Gender and should I always ask for your judgment on these matters?

This is David Reimer. Although born biologically male, he was raised as a girl following a botched circumcision that left him without a penis. He was experimented on by psychologists to determine whether or not gender is learned at childhood, including being forced to have simulated sex with his brother. He later learned the truth about his condition and began living as a man. In 2004, at the age of 38, he killed himself with a sawed-off shotgun.

Tell me, what pronouns should I have used for him?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

nubdestoryer posted:

I decide based on how a woman looks and behaves, and she looks like a woman, and has given birth.

This is Thomas Beatie.

Yup, sure looks like a woman to me :rolleyes:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LordArgh posted:

What's the point of putting "*" at the end of trans?

Essentially it's a wildcard to include the entirety of the transgender spectrum, since "transgender" and "transsexual" are not synonymous.

Also Frosted Flake I used to be a creationist, fundamentalist, and homophobe back when I was younger. I have since realized that I am trans, and as a result have done an incredible amount of soul searching. Believe me when I say that I have spent far more time thinking about this than you can even imagine. You cannot possibly define gender in such a way as to invalidate transgender identities while still maintaining your current definitions of "man" and "woman". Seriously, just try it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Experto Crede posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H40EsEVU1Wk

One of the last videos out of Syria before the internet was cut off. Accidentally started watching whilst that Agnus Dei video above was playing. gently caress man :smith:

Jesus Christ, I think I need to go lie down for a bit. Any idea what the full context of this is?

Unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPpAPIIZyo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Farking Bastage posted:

All the conservative anchors are hotties you say?

To be fair Palin looked way more attractive in 2008 before her four years of rage:

Also am I the only one who finds Sandra Fluke attractive? I seriously don't get where these FAT SLUT commentators are coming from. Well, besides misogyny I guess.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Joementum posted:

Yeah, no more flags and license plates for now. Thanks.

But nobody got around to posting Delaware plates, the best plates. I suppose a picture of Joe Biden will have to suffice :911:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cheerfullydrab posted:

I posted Delaware plates quite early in the discussion, with helpful text about how they were the best. Do you have me on ignore?

I don't have anyone on ignore, my apologies for missing your post somehow.

I know this picture has been posted in this thread before but in light of the recent #transdocfail hashtag on Twitter and the recent insanely transphobic article on the Guardian by Julie Burchill (which has, thankfully, been taken down), I feel like it's especially relevant this week. We're people too.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

JohnnySavs posted:

Just to clarify, is the "Get Beat Up" option 'cause the gents will think you're a gay (or queer) man and gay bash? I guess I'm lucky enough to not instantly understand it.

As a trans woman, I have a:
  • 60% chance to attempt suicide
  • 33% chance to commit suicide
  • 50% chance to be raped
  • 14% chance to murdered

So, uh... all of the above plus more?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This just got posted by my ultra republican, NRA supporter family

"Take this picture and sure it and share it again. Print flyers,show it to your parents, your preacher, and your coworkers. Spread the god drat word Tryranny is alive and well!"

Haven't seen this one (they look completely different by the way) but this showed up in a few places on my Facebook feed today, all from hardline conservatives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9GxXYKx_8

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

It's almost as if IQ is not an unbiased measure of intelligence. Crazy!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Meanwhile in Conservatopia the victim manages to very quickly reach down to his belt, draw his own gun, spin around, and accurately shoot the criminal before getting shot himself, all without harming any other bystanders.

Or not.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LP97S posted:

Oh boy fasces chat, might as well post Hitler.

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvjoWOwnn4

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Apotheosis posted:

Eh. I'm like 85 percent convinced that Emdem's just a lame troll. You'd think that someone who actually has these opinions would try to stick around and debate them rather than doing one-off drive-by threadshits.

You'd think so, but Nazis aren't really known for their intelligence.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

If you're gonna post something from The Onion at least give us some context.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sorry, I meant give the context of it being from The Onion. English is hard.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

buttcoin smuggler posted:

I've never found myself completely convinced by this cause. Many women are made uncomfortable by males in their bathroom. There are also documented cases of men sneaking into women's bathrooms to commit sexual assault, a problem which this law presumably seeks to address. (I'm not sure how effectively, but still, there seem like non-discriminatory concerns that would motivate such a law.)

It seems like the better option is just single-person all-gender/sex bathrooms, which avoids this issue of gendering people at all.

There's never been a single documented case of a person pleading defense using an existing transgender protections bill after attacking someone in the opposite-gendered restroom. This is also in direct opposition to an Arizona bill that would bar people from entering the bathroom of the sex not listed on their birth certificate, when Arizona is also a state where you can't change the sex on your birth certificate ever. In other words if you've lived in Arizona your whole life, no matter how much you have transitioned you are still legally required to use your birth certificate room.

I'm with you on single-person bathrooms, but unfortunately that's pretty much a pipe dream.

Incidentally, do you want to know what I do in the women's room?

A: I pee.

quiggy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 4, 2013

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

TinTower posted:

Peak reddit.png:

Oh c'mon, you can't post that without a link.

mras_fucking_suck.jpg

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Saw this pop up on the Facebook of a conservative Christian I know:

Romans 13:1 posted:

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

:ironicat:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ongoing right now: the DE Senate is debating marriage equality on the floor. The House passed it a few weeks ago and Gov. Markell has given his support, so if it passes today Delaware will be the 11th state in the union to legalize same-sex marriage. According to my partner, an activist here in Delaware, there are 21 total votes, 9 have been promised to support same-sex marriage, 7 have been promised against it, and the remaining 5 are up in the air. As a queer Delawarian, I so hope my state does the right thing.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

quiggy posted:

Ongoing right now: the DE Senate is debating marriage equality on the floor. The House passed it a few weeks ago and Gov. Markell has given his support, so if it passes today Delaware will be the 11th state in the union to legalize same-sex marriage. According to my partner, an activist here in Delaware, there are 21 total votes, 9 have been promised to support same-sex marriage, 7 have been promised against it, and the remaining 5 are up in the air. As a queer Delawarian, I so hope my state does the right thing.

And after a period of heated debate, the result is...

We did it! Highlights include a failed last-ditch motion to table the bill and state senator Karen Peterson coming out as gay and in a civil union with her partner of 24 years during the debate. My girlfriend and I can get married now :3:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mauser posted:

If that doesn't work you can always come to Maryland until you guys get it right!

Edit: you should still come to Maryland for vacation some time :colbert:

My sister lives in Maryland is getting married down there this summer, I'm always down for a vacation trip to Baltimore though :)

Karen Peterson, the senator who came out during the debate. Thanks so much Karen, I know that must have been incredibly difficult for you but it was worth it for the rest of us.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Over in another thread someone linked the NRCC's Tumblr which is DnD pictures thread gold. Some choice examples:

Hey NRCC? Go gently caress yourself.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Perestroika posted:

Always relevant:

Definitely what I thought of. I love that in the Obama one there's an uptick in debt and then Ryan's plan drops right down to 0 while Obama's increases a little bit and then suddenly shoots for the stars, infinitely increasing for all time until the whole universe cannot contain America's debt.

More pro pictures from that blog:
:siren:Benghazi:siren:
:siren:Solyndra:siren:
:siren:You didn't build that!:siren:
:siren:A puppy:siren:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Wrong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWqT8Rljt_8

Comedy answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQ6KqTlyfk

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

More Later posted:

Doesn't Terrence Nowicki post here any more? I think his alias was "Deep Hurting".

Don't know if he still does, but yes he did as Deep Hurting. There was enough drama over having the cartoonist himself on the forums that he ended up getting banned from the regular political cartoons thread, and woe betide anyone who dares post a DH cartoon in the regular thread. There at least was a separate DH thread, but I was never a big fan of his so I don't know if it still exists.

Recent cartoon by Mike Lester, known shithead.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

KoldPT posted:

Legitimately powerful image.

Hitler was a real person and had real emotions. Just because he was an incredibly evil person does not mean that we should not strive to understand him or should dehumanize him. Here he is flirting with Eva Braun:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Really, could you deport this man?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yup that's the one. As always, YouTube comments are here to clear up the situation:

As an aside, I posted that on ~my Tumblr~ to complain, and was told to stop being butthurt. Gamers :negative:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pobama posted:

Delaware is a pretty awesome state though.

This has been my Facebook cover photo since we passed gay marriage:

Delaware Pride :911:

(Also Biden is pretty cool. Basically Delaware owns.)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Guavanaut posted:

Tsar Bomba - Also only fired once :v: (At 50MT, half the design energy.)

I love reading about nuclear testing and Tsar Bomba is probably my favorite of them all just because of how insane it was. The fireball had a radius of 5 miles, enough to nearly destroy the plane that dropped it. Its zone of total destruction had a radius of 22 miles. A town 34 miles away was completely destroyed, third-degree burns could have occurred 62 miles away, and windows in Norway and Finland broke from the shockwave. Had it been detonated underground it would have produced an earthquake of around 8.1 magnitude.

Here's a video of it being detonated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu88gb1EpmI

The world will end in fire, not ice. Sorry Frost.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

While we're on religious site chat:

This is the Salt Lake Temple, the center of the Mormon religion. About ten years ago my family went on a family vacation to Utah to visit extended family and among our stops was the temple. It's honestly an incredibly impressive building built on a beautiful stretch of land. Unfortunately as I am not a Mormon I was not allowed to enter the temple, but even so it's worth visiting if you're ever in the area.

Also fun tidbit: because of the significance of the site, many Mormon couples choose to be married inside the temple. There are so many that the church runs 24/7 weddings, meaning that regardless of time of day, you'll see multiple bride and groom pairs running around the grounds. It's actually kind of adorable in a strange way.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ofc. Sex Robot BPD posted:

Speaking of terrible caricatures come to life:

The Lone Ranger premiers tomorrow. Critics agree that the best person to play the son of a Great Lakes chieftain who inexplicably lives in the American South West and who dresses like a homesteader's fever dream of a native mystic, is Johnny Depp. When questioned about the role, Depp said something to the effect of "I was told my great grandma was some sort of Native so I've got a rez pass. No worries."

As always The Onion is on the case (image links to story):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Stultus Maximus posted:

SYG = stand your ground

Posted this on Facebook, got asked for source, don't want to say I just found it on a forum :ohdear: Where's this from originally?

Context: gently caress PUAs.

• Locked thread