Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pug Smugly
Apr 5, 2011

Luminous Cow posted:

stop with the stupid comments you towel heads

I'm seriously growing apathetic towards everything. Willful, forceful ignorance constantly surrounds me.

What is the rebuttal to this line of reasoning. I was raised in a "Israel are God's people and can do no wrong" household so this line of reasoning is kind of ingrained. I now side against Israel and want an argument that isn't 'but they started it'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Smugly
Apr 5, 2011

Fluoride Jones posted:

Well, you could cite stuff like the fact that qassams can be made by anyone with access to a scrap yard and sugar and have killed probably a grand total of 50 or so people in the however many decades they've been fired at Israel. You could also say that qassams typically do not reach major metropolitan areas like Tel Aviv or Jerusalem (which seems to be the crux of the image's argument, since it shows London and New York being bombed). THe rockets that have hit Tel Aviv and (possibly) Jerusalem were Fajrs, which are Iranian built, and of which Hamas has a limited supply. Or you could go the route of saying that Israel has been the aggressor in nearly all of the wars that it has been in, and its constant repression of the Palestinians via things like giant concrete walls, denying them access to proper medical care and drinking water, a blockade that stops food and other supplies from getting in, continuous gradual stealing of land for illegal settlements, and casual bombing of the Gaza strip (at least once with white phosphorus) has driven some of the people of Gaza to take drastic measures such as electing Hamas, and joining groups like Islamic Jihad who shoot rockets at Israel as a perceived means of self-preservation. Either way, your arguments will probably be dismissed.

e: Also, if anyone tries to pull that "Israel has always been Jewish land" poo poo with you, just loving show them this: http://vimeo.com/50531435

Thanks, exactly what I needed to read. gently caress war

(changi prison camp, hosed with my pa's head which in turn hosed up most our family)

Pug Smugly
Apr 5, 2011
My local MP Andrew Laming getting a bit too loose on 'straya day. To bad he's one of Cambell's goons.

Pug Smugly
Apr 5, 2011

I'm guessing this wouldn't fly in places other than Australia right? It's from woolies if anyone wanted to know.

Pug Smugly
Apr 5, 2011

Kegluneq posted:

Who's a good doggie? Yes you are! Now just sit tight for a bit, girl.

Listen to this, try not to cry, cry lots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmBC7qW1WpA

• Locked thread