Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

quote:

I really like this one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Is the grilled cheese part important?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

GD_American posted:

Poe's Law- officially dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zlkB-s_Vk

This video and song was made 100 percent in earnest.

This video is funny and incredibly sad; from the video description:
DAG's STATEMENT

This video is intended to be a satirical, provocative, absurd, & even silly work of art. The lyrics, story, and visuals are so completely over-the-top and ridiculous that we thought it'd be impossible to miss the point.

But some very vocal groups, especially the blog, "Angry Asian Men," attacked it right out of the gate very aggressively. Their fury was soon amplified by the blog/news cycle. Shortly after, the views and craziness began climbing by the second.

Angry Asian Men, to you we say - all's fair so well done! We salute you. Seriously. No satire intended this time.

So due to the overwhelming misunderstanding of this video & the anger it has incited - especially the bizarre and horrible personal attacks on actress Levy Tran - we're pulling the video down within the next 48 hours.

But we'll leave it up until then to give anyone who cares a chance to see for themselves what it's really about before it disappears from our channel and website forever.
So just step back, take a breath, and relax.

And in case that doesn't count:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
E.

Protagorean posted:

e^^ nobody gives a rat gently caress about your life story you idiot, welcome to SA

Then add him to your ignore list.

At least he had an interesting story.

John Cage is one of my favorite artists. He has a work called Indeterminacy which features him and David Tudor. I recommend it to everyone.

N. Senada fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 9, 2013

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Remember that before you post, link a picture or you're toast!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

LorrdErnie posted:

He literally shot a photographer in the face. What is wrong with you?

A 17th century woodcut showing the different personalities caused by the humours.

This is how Bethesda creates its faces in the Elder Scrolls.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I was looking up what the acceptable rule was for capitalizing "empire" when referring to a specific empire. My case is the British empire, which I don't want to capitalize the 'e' because I don't want to. Maybe I don't want to legitimize specific empires or something, I don't know. I looked it up and found this answer from the Chicago style people.

It really rubbed me the wrong way.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Why don't you introduce me to some cool pictures? E. Well never mind, should've previewed post.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

LogisticEarth posted:

In the US, every time a new transmission power line goes in, there's a huge stink about it. Then again most of the rights-of-way are already established and have been there for decades, and in some cases, over a century. The windmills are brand new. They also tend to get plopped on top of ridges and whatnot, and are a kinetic rather than static feature, making them extra conspicuous. There shouldn't be a double standard, but it's a legitimate complaint.

Content:

Before and after photos of a woman who went on a water fast for a cumulative 120 days "to be closer to God."

Would this be fasting from water or a fast that includes only water? I'm assuming the latter, but just wanted to check.

From the site akinator.com, where it tries to guess a character you're thinking of.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Jakcson posted:

I think the answer to this problem is to stop arresting black people.

Surely they are only being incarcerated because the cops are evil and racist.

Black people do not commit crimes; they are falsely accused of committing crimes. I also think that when reports about crimes are mentioned in the media, if a black person was involved in the crime, their race should not be mentioned. It's bad for the self-esteem of black people.

I am white, and I hate the fact that I am white. I am the root cause of all the problems in the USA.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is my picture. I also have another one in case it doesn't count: the popularity of various news personalities relative to each other. The spike for Cooper is when he came out.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
The Idiots on Social Media thread is in PYF, Earth.

jk, that's not actually bad

Today I taught my students about the New Deal and Neoliberalism and also Meridel LeSueur, a communist.

And of course I used this image by Dorothea Lange to talk about the Dust Bowl, Migrant Woman.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Yeah but what if you were dumb and weren't actually looking at the photo? What then Bushido?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

I don't understand this image, could someone explain it to me?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Yeah, he's great.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Chicken McNobody posted:

This is Robert Richards IV, sentenced to probation for the rape of his 3-year-old daughter because the judge thought he would not "fare well" in prison and should instead receive treatment.

Completely coincidental, I'm sure:

He also abused his baby son and hasn't been charged for it, but that's OK because he says he "will never do it again." (The boy, 19 months old at the time of the investigation, "didn't say anything that we at the time thought we could make a charge from" so police did not proceed.)

Good post there withak, very informative.

This is the Cincinnati Tea Party website day after election.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Yeah, but then they'll legislate that a week now consists of only three days. :smith:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

This is great, I'm totally going to show it in my class.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Thanks Kyle! :thumbsup:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Why would I want to date 3D?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Good thing they responded to that decreasing gun violence with strong legislation.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Was looking up stuff about the military and ran into this article [quote="What happens to all the babies from the rapes in the military?
"]
So I ask the question, "what happens to all the babies from the rapes in the military?"

The sad truth is that many of these babies will be “aborted” by the mothers.

This was one of the hidden facts brought out in the controversial article called: Will Military Women Finally Get the Abortion Access They Deserve? http://jezebel.com/5918056/will-military-women-finally-get-the-abortion-access-they-deserve ).

The article was disturbing at many levels. Including the push to help women in these rape situations get the “care they deserve”.

By that they are talking, of course about “abortion”.

The article goes on to describe the plight of these women who can’t get abortions when they come up pregnant after being rapped in the military.

That is the tragedy of abortion and murder of innocent life that often follows the initial crime of rape.
[/quote]

And this picture accompanied it.

http://imgur.com/igcZ2AW

Possibly :nws: if your boss can't handle women feeding their infant children.

N. Senada fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 15, 2014

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

StickySweater posted:

I was disappointed to discover that this is merely visual art, and not an actual cassette tape set. Anyway, here are all 4 volumes:

When NPR goes completely private, this will be the new This American Life. I would listen to all of those.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Man, of all the interesting images he could've drawn he picked door.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Does any politician listen to the music they reference?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Earth posted:

Earth hosed around with this message at Apr 22, 2014 around 18:02

You are just awful.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Pretty great comments

quote:

Studies also show that you shouldn't report it if you've been mugged or robbed. It's a natural consequence of financial security, after all. There are laws in place against it, but they haven't actually decreased the amount of robberies or burglaries in the US, so it's best to just handle it on your own.

Also, in case that doesn't count:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
goddamn foreign music pissing me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLBLk4ibAk

Can't understand a drat word they say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtHshBWFRyg

What a weird hangup to have on the path to normalcy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mwh9z58iAU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
You are just the worst.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Just awful.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

who gave that kid American cheese?

But seriously, what is this?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Happy May Day

Take what's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-o3CJytIPE

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I think someone once posted an older song where a woman was singing about shaving her pubic hair and how nice it felt. It was in response to someone bitching about rap music and kids these day :bahgawd:

Search is down, so I'm hoping someone has a better memory than me of these 600 some odd pages.

E. by old I mean before the 1950s

Obligatory Biden

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
thank you!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It amazes me how similar popular religious discussion in the English-speaking world resembles how the Tropico games depict religion.

quote:

In the Bickering Factions mission, Reverend Esteban (along with all "people who are not environmentalists") disagrees with Sunny Flowers's eco-project. Instead, Esteban asks that Christ the Savior be built so that he can win a bet over having the largest statue of Jesus in the Caribbean, saying that gambling is permissible in this case because its for "theological reasons."

This example isn't particularly good, but there are some that are. Especially the whole God needs no temples, but you better use government funds to build some or else!

N. Senada fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 20, 2014

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

there are people having sex in this image, just so you know.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
"You may think I'm being hyperbolic by calling this guy a marxist, but no really! He calls himself a marxist! Can you believe it!"

Also, nothing convinces me that your critiques meaningful more than simply talking over a video. Nothing like sucking off the creativity and productivity of others and contributing nothing.

MUCH LIKE MY POSTING AMIRITE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uag2G0J6iqw

Some movie about white people coming out soon, I guess.

• Locked thread