Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The Irish language is loving deader than disco, it just doesn't know it yet. I recently spent two weeks in the Gaeltacht and the only major difference was that the signs were in Irish. Still speaking English, still flogging the same shitey tourist crap everywhere. The vast, vast majority of Irish speakers know precisely one phrase: An feidir liom dul go dti an leithreas? (Can I go to the bathroom?) because it was loving drilled into their heads in school.

No one wants to learn or use Irish because hey, all our media is English and American imports anyway, and half of loving D4 is West Brit shithawks anyway who desperately want to go back to being a part of Britain so they can be part of a "real" country, and all this concillatory crap they push with the Queen and the north is part of that.

If you want a picture of modern Ireland imagine this shower trawling Cork, Dublin and the Gaeltacht forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

StarkingBarfish posted:

I wish that harness looked more like this

Might want to hold off on the ironic death threats there, champ.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

StarkingBarfish posted:

There is no way that the contents of that post could ever be considered a threat.

On the other hand:

(Context: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3365121)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

BunnyBunny posted:

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

Just going to leave this here.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/conservatives_more_liberal_giv.html

Pictures, people.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Ah yes, August 6th 1965, what a black day.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Ras Het posted:

Here's my favourite US Army unit:

Another victim of the anarcho-communist clique that secretly controls d&d (Clumsy banned him because he sperged out in CD about how the pictures thread was full of communists.)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Another LF offshoot dies.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

einTier posted:

The gently caress? How is this even permissible?

nah see it's cool because something something they were only following orders (also, post a picture.)

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/VUpAi.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Admiral Bosch posted:

Those are literally(yes, literally) the worst Youtube comments I've ever laid eyes on. I need to reinstall the herpderp plugin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbIZU8cQWXc
Dr. Tyson and our lost dreams.

The space program had nothing to do with the post-war consensus or its collapse. The fact that real wages are stagnant and have been for 30 years is more relevant than :qqsay:"WE STOPPED DREAMING"

Valentina Tereshkova, first woman in space, who was only sent up so the Russians could go neener-neener at the Americans.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Rand alPaul posted:

He's the biggest hack of them all, he just draws big ships or planes and then labels them DEBT or CONGRESS. I can't believe what it takes to win a Pulitzer for Political Cartoons, and a good 95% of cartoonists in the US are right-wing shills.

Compare this garbage with Bell or Rowson from the British cartoon thread, and it's an indictment of how smutty and lowbrow the American media has become:

Reminder that whenever Bell or Rowson are posted in the Polititoons thread people start bitching about how either they don't get it and it needs labels (usually after bitching about how American cartoons are full of labels :ironicat:) or complaining about the art style so I guess they're not the cartoons you want but the cartoons you deserve.

Also to be honest without the scare factor of LF the polititoons thread is full of GBS rejects running tired LF memes like Pants On The Ground donkey or Groverhaus into the ground and posting page after page of "ugh gently caress Muir/Rall/Lester/Ramirez he's such a bad cartoonist"

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I wonder how they'd react to Ralph Steadman.

I love the naked putrescence of British comic art.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I see what you did there. :allears:

Anyway, does anyone have that gif of Netayahu doing a slam dunk with the flashing words "KILL BROWNS"?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Exclamation Marx posted:

I remember that this exact cartoon was posted in the current/previous thread, and people couldn't even understand that it was anti-Tea Party. It feels like is literally 100% God's own truth that most all posts are ragging on Muir or Rall, writing lovely fanfiction or thinking that crosshatching is bad :downs:

Off the mark by a little there champ. :fiesta:

Anyway this is almost certainly pissing people off so I'll shut up and go back to reposting LF classics.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Mans posted:

I don't recognize the second person on the left, who is he?

And i found this so....American.

Engels.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

It would be a nod to Maggotmaster, presumably, who was notorious in LF for animeposting at any opportunity and later for making the "let's kill the president" thread.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

On the topic of your image:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Armyman25 posted:

Yeah, should just restrict the hate the Taliban.

You're right, the Taliban are horrible. Pity you lot funded them then, but I guess birds of a religious extremist feather flock together! :angel:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Glad I wasn't the only one to think this.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

(Context: http://tinyurl.com/8b5r2lr)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

You're right, all political cartoons should be more like those of the American slant, with lovely art, lovely labels and shittier opinions.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

From a theme park in Beijing where kids get to practice shooting at helicopters with MANPADs.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GvDyJobHTM

From a CIA-made series analysing how the Soviet Union fought the propaganda battle.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

For reference, a Bodhrán:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqVvUXsA7is

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Yep, that train haven't braeks and it's gonna roll all the way downhill into the White House. :romney:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/Cc5c3.jpg:nws:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Good to know I or anyone who's ever been in Goonfleet has no chance of winning an election then.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Crasscrab posted:

You wouldn't have a chance period because, well, you're a goon.

Counterpoint:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

ascii genitals posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42GTZYaCz0A

I get to see him in 3 weeks, can't wait. This song needs a video too.

Glenn Beck approves.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Humboldt squid posted:

I had to good fortune to see a preparatory drawing of this when the Picasso exhibit visited the Seattle Art Museum. One of the very few times I have literally been moved to tears by an artwork.
Since we're posting art, here's Franz Marc's The fate of the Animals from 1913

He was later killed in the Battle of Verdun.

Yesss, Tierschicksale is one of my favourite paintings.

Gunship, by John O. Wehrle, a member of the Vietnam Combat Artists Program.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Michael Collins with his bike. He once dodged a British checkpoint by riding up to it and owning up; the British guards told him to gently caress off and stop joking around before letting him by. :allears:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

Remember when we had that callout thread that had a post of mine in the OP where I said that these guys should be destroyed before they can get to this point? And I was considered loony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27FfzqP5BHE

I don't remember that thread, but I do remember this.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

TURBO BUTTON posted:

Buy a dictionary you illiterate gently caress.

It's not that it's a bad word so much as the only people who use it tend to be megaspergs.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Fried Chicken posted:

Best comment I heard during Occupy - "I must have missed the part where John Brown marched around chanting 'We are Nat Turner'"

Jennie Wyse Power, amazing woman in Irish history

"These organisations frequently objected to restrictions on the lives of women and children and lobbied for improvements. De Valera agreed to meet delegations from women's organisations and to listen to their concerns that certain articles in the draft Constitution of Ireland could be used to further restrict women. However, in spite of their strong objections, he insisted on inserting the following articles:

41.2.1 In particular, the State recognises that by her life within the home, woman gives to the State a support without which the common good cannot be achieved.

41.2.2 The State shall, therefore, endeavour to ensure that mothers shall not be obliged by economic necessity to engage in labour to the neglect of their duties in the home.

45.4.2 The State shall endeavour to ensure that the strength and health of workers, men and women, and the tender age of children shall not be abused and that citizens shall not be forced by economic necessity to enter avocations unsuited to their sex, age or strength."

Eamon deValera in "Home rule, more like ROME rule" shocker

(Man alive Imgur's new layout sucks)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

should be a tenner

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Look at those noses.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

front wing flexing posted:

That's loving amazing. Did you make that? If so can I use it as an avatar?

Nah, it's one of T-Paine's old Obamatars. As for using it, go ahead, I don't care. I have another one, but given it involves a certain tattoo I don't think posting it here would be wise. :v: So have this instead:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Amused to Death posted:

I love this quote so much no matter how many times I see it.

This is the current governing coalition of Denmark. Something is off about this photo, I mean when compared to pictures of most governments around the world. Hmmm. I can't quite put my finger on it. On a completely unrelated note, Denmark by almost every metric has one of the highest standards of living and lowest levels of inequality in the world

According to some danish goon they're a right wing coalition or something, it was a while ago.

(I don't even know what the context behind this Bell was)

Experto Crede posted:

He may be 87, but gently caress it. Benn for PM!

Benn's made some pretty bad comments about rape re; Assange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Ententod posted:

More pictures (sorry it's the Daily Mail).

Sunshine and swastikas: Rare colour pictures of 1930s Berlin show carefree life in Hitler’s capital before war that reduced it to rubble

British media in fascist sympathies shocker

• Locked thread