Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

The man sure could love his dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Mayor Dave posted:

Lotta effort wasted here
World's largest Tea Party sign, complete with misspelling.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

A person's a person, no matter how :stonk:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

"John Brown was the first Punk Rock Republican. The Poster Boy for Republican 'Had-Enoughism' John Brown was an Anti Slavery Terrorist, Freedom Fighter, American Saint and Martyr. Everything Che Guevara never was and never will be."
Why yes, one of the most radical white anti-slavery activists from 150 years ago is totally evocative of the modern-day Republican party. :rolleyes:
Also, speaking of Che:

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 2, 2012

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Since we've already talked a little about Republicans co-opting historical liberals, look what just made the news again.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Really? Okay, let's consider for a moment that Michelle Obama's promotion of healthy eating led to Hostess' bankruptcy (ie take a trip to Bizarro World). This would mean that consumers took in on their own initiative to stop purchasing Hostess products, and retailers responded by maintaining smaller Hostess inventories ipso facto drastically decreasing Hostess revenue. This would just be an example of those free market principles that these idiots are so fond about at work, so this talking point is just so loving disingenuous.
Content: Hitler fangirl

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Posted this in the Polititoons thread, bears repeating here.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Shamus is looking pretty chipper for a dog who shat himself and the car windows.

Found this in my pictures titled "God Bless America".

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Syria is loading bombs with sarin gas, and the Syrian airforce is reportedly awaiting final orders from Assad to load the bombs onto bombers and gas their own people.

CBS News Report

Some dipshit commenter posted:

Part of me says "so what.. let them" but then, the compassionate in me says that our weak government should do something more than say "Syria.. what are you doing... Syria stahp" ..

Jesus Christ what is wrong with people?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:allears:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Armyman25 posted:

Ed Asner narrates a video about the recent financial crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ZsXrzF8Cc

Fox News is calling it "crude" because it illustrates Trickle Down economics as rich people pissing on the poor.

I'd like to ask Sean Hannity if he's ever heard the phrase "Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining."
I was kind of expecting him to break into Granny Goodness at some point.
Anywho, what could have been a message on consumerism gets twisted into 'dumb vapid bitches' by some MRA cunts.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

As much as I would disregard dumb facebook memes, I'd have to imagine if that 3,000+ figure is at all true its going to be well, ACTUALLY trained police and the like. And Jesus Christ, when are these people going to realize that gun-free zones are used for places where a trigger-happy moron would be the last thing anyone would need?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Amused to Death posted:

The Daily News reminds me, in case you didn't know, at the same time LaPierre was giving his "blame everything including video games, Obama and hurricanes, except guns" speech, a man went on shooting spree in Pennsylvania, killing 4 and wounding several others, including 3 cops. Apparently the cops didn't have easy enough access to guns.
Pffftttt, just character defamation from the liberal media, I mean look at this commie dreck.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Lemonus posted:

Adbusters Jan/Feb 2013

:allears:
[Posted a while back but I think it fits again]

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 16, 2013

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Neoliberal fear-mongering fanfiction courtesy of The Economist. See if you can find the first thing wrong with it.

(Don't have the rest but I'd imagine it would be :laffo:)

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Yup

Also I'm not getting the significance of those Cato Institute pictures.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Fluoride Jones posted:

This was a pretty nice little educational game. It helped give me a perspective of a person's experiences in dealing with hormone therapy. I also remembered why I never should read the comments about anything ever.

Considering the username I'd expect that is a troll? But I found worse comments, so eesh.

By contrast, one of the earlier Superman stories featured Superman helping a juvenile delinquent. When that fails and the boy is going to inevitably be arrested, Superman destroys the poor housing complex the boy came from while evading the police so that the federal government could step in and build better housing, thus creating a better environment for youth.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 3, 2013

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Any political-ish picture works.

Statue meant to represent Quechua defeat of a conquistador in Tarabuco, Bolivia.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

So I found a rightwing circle online discussing WHITE GENOCIDE :qq: in South Africa and I came across this certainly not racist book and cover.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Ho Chi Mint posted:

Gilberton, PA militia.

Well hello Dale Gribble there in the middle.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Nah this is what an ironic Mens Rights video looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owgqleO7JXA

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Funnily, I've always seen the lines for these pile even though most people flail around figuring out how to use them. The proper cashiers are way more efficient and faster at the moment.

I've never actually seen douchy frat boys like this so I'm wondering wha part of the country is actually blessed by their presence.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Purgey posted:

C'mon Japan, get it together.

Japanese fanfiction propaganda dojinshi poster from WW2.

There, that's more accurate.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I like how it's pretty obvious that she totally mangled the relevant bit in the Communist Manifesto she was trying to crib off of.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

I think Jack in the Box is trying to make a point that if you raise the minimum wage, workers will be replaced by these machines. I can't even begin to tell you how :ironicat: that is. Here we are, literally 200 years since the luddites fought the textile mills, and a few major fast food chains are trying to drum up resentment for the very technology we have all built ourselves on.

Also, when (not if) automation replaces half the workers in the US, we can always pass a guaranteed minimum income and make heavily automated businesses pay for it.

We used to have a thread about automation, but it kept getting derailed by the usual red-titled suspects who didn't seem to understand the issue.

We had one of those machines at Jack in the Box around here. Turns our people take way too long to order from them and it's actually much easier to do so from an actual cashier. Jesus it's actually the same with grocery self-checkouts if you pay attention. After about a month they removed it. :rolleyes:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Egghh it's like that tone policing Hitler comic in action. The dyke has frankly awful beliefs and actions to back them up and the kids were right to confront her but they lack the proper communication skills to do so. And jesus, you would think they'd have started with the creepy and inflammatory information gathering she's done on trans women but instead they start out with the pointless identity bullshit that she was never going to listen to in the first place.

quote:

my first female Viet Cong prisoner to interrogate. She was maybe 14 years old at the oldest. She was captured and allowed to live, which was rare, because she was caught trying to throw a hand grenade at American soldiers, though she denied attempting to do so; typical response from savvy prisoners who knew it couldn't be "proven" after some days had gone by.
eh gently caress it not going to bother looking for a relevant pic
Edit - It's also a bad sign when the top-rated comment advocates "curing" transgenderism and homesexuality. Also can someone explain what the gently caress these libertarian internet-types mean by "cultural marxism"?

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 18, 2014

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

marines.jpg
Not editing the names out because it's a public page and Jesus Christ gently caress these assholes.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Profound, truly profound. Such feminism. Very Progressive. Here's another person being profound.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Well that's just assuming that Putin and by extension Russia aren't just pussies who know full well that war with Afghanistan is suicide.
(Can't find any significant quotes about Russians POWs getting flayed alive and filmed by Afghan militants but pretend I posted one here)

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Any time poo poo like that comes up you're pretty much obliged to link all these assholes to this interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCCODxq8diI

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Peven Stan posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Is this what happens when an autistic writes propaganda?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

much butthurt. very ethics.

when will the shitposting end?

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 1, 2014

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Koramei posted:

:stare: it's like literally all Vietnamese, I'm pretty sure. At least the first half, and if I had to guess, most of the next quarter too. I only see one Korean name (and that's probably actually Vietnamese with the same romanization) and the Chinese ones might be Vietnamese too....

what the heck. can someone explain why
Here's a good article I found that I doubt is apocryphal. (also the writer is Vietnamese so I assume it's less likely to be bullshit)

Cat lovers can also be racist! Who knew?

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 12, 2014

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I think you can easily determine where a poster stands on womens lib by how much little girl anime they post.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

So back in the 60s/70s Harlan Ellison did a weekly column in the Los Angeles Free Press (an independent pinko leftie rag derided by conservatives as The Freep). At one point a racist magazine from Georgia titled The Thunderbolt entered his hands. He quotes the letters page and I think it plays out like a proto-Freep/Stormfront.

(Since these aren't really his words I assume the "Harlan Ellison Internet Rule doesn't apply right?)

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uv_WGEHr4I

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

actually we should require an anime picture per post, but only if it's political.
in any case gently caress boom^3 conservaweeaboo poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

that's a lot of redheads in Israel. Is this Southpark?

Ever heard of Ashkenazi?

• Locked thread